Paladin FAQ, Info, And Trade Studies.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 45 46 47
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2014-09-10 00:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe so. But you can use Phorcys korazin and the Ogier's breeches (from Gaunab: VwNM to get it to about 1020 or something like that.

edit: bleh...I am stupid...ignore me D:
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-09-10 00:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kakashiiix said: »
so... is the max atonement dmg with burtgang 950?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/42615-Weapon-Skill-Adjustments

Dont see it increased on this ws adjust update and will it be adjusted/updated again?
The atonement dmg cap is 1190. And that's before Burtgang or WS dmg+ gear.

Max possible Atonement with Burtgang and all existing WS DMG+ gear is 1731.
[+]
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2014-09-14 07:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

This guide needs updating^^, probably should make it into Node format like some of the other job guides? If Neo isn't perma away from game,lol.
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2014-09-19 13:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Sylph.Kakashiiix said: »
so... is the max atonement dmg with burtgang 950?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/42615-Weapon-Skill-Adjustments

Dont see it increased on this ws adjust update and will it be adjusted/updated again?
The atonement dmg cap is 1190. And that's before Burtgang or WS dmg+ gear.

Max possible Atonement with Burtgang and all existing WS DMG+ gear is 1731.

Could you possibly provide a list of these said gear pieces that would enhance/increase atonement dmg Martel? thx in advance
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-09-19 13:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

MKD head with ws dmg+2%.
Phorcys Korazin.
Ogier's Breeches.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-09-19 13:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 327473

1731 build.
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2014-09-19 13:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet only thing I need to redo is that battle add on helm ok thanks
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-28 10:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Question what would be the better sword to use that's not R.M.E? I have the Aluvi-Sword w/ 11 acc and 11 Cure Pot atm.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-09-28 11:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »
ItemSet 327473

1731 build.
guess i need to redo MKD fight for the head, for 30 more dmg >.>
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-09-28 11:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally takes a few mins now with throne room HP and seals to trade for the entry ki.
By Davorin 2014-09-28 11:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Question what would be the better sword to use that's not R.M.E? I have the Aluvi-Sword w/ 11 acc and 11 Cure Pot atm.

Anahera sword is pretty nice.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-09-28 11:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So recently came back and is this Priwen or h/e its spelled a good sub for ochain? Dont really have much play time these days to make one or i would or is Aegis enough?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-28 12:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

priwen is about equal to ochain with reprisal up, so it's a viable substitute if you construct parties such that you get capped magic haste and aren't fighting a foe with frequent dispels
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-10 19:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

How's this for a MDT set assuming Shell V? Has capped MDT and every other slot tried to put as much MDB as I could find.

ItemSet 329443

I know there's pre-ilvl pieces with more MDB for legs and head but those lack M.evasion and ilvl stat vomit which probably helps more in the long run. Any other suggestions?
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-10-10 19:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Not much to improve upon thats pretty much max, except Id just use umuthi gloves instead of those.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-10 19:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh these have more mdb.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-10-14 05:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have an up to date Phalanx set?
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-19 22:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Weard Mantle
Rev. Breeches +1
Olympus Sash
Globidonta Ring
Shabti Cuirass +1
Augmenting Earring
Andoaa Earring
Enhancing Torque/Colossus Torque

That's the max without weird items.

Could also use these before a fight for max potency:
Arendsi Fleuret
Priwen
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-10-19 23:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Weard Mantle
Rev. Breeches +1
Olympus Sash
Globidonta Ring
Shabti Cuirass +1
Augmenting Earring
Andoaa Earring

Arendsi Fleuret
Priwen
Globidonta Ring has divine/enfeebling/summoning skill+. Nothing to do with phalanx there.

But while that's the Enhancing gear PLD can wear, how much of it is actually used, or useful?

The highest PLD attainable skill tier, without doing something weird*, is 386 for -31 dmg.(*Something weird would include, weapon swapping, relying on latents, or subbing SCH.) Yes higher dmg- can be achieved through Phalanx+ gear. But that's not the point.

The point is, how much enhancing + gear is needed for an optimal phalanx?

Hitting 386 skill, With full merits, requires +36 skill in gear. These pieces;

Rev. Breeches +1
Olympus Sash
Andoaa Earring
Colossus Torque
Merciful cape

Would provide +37 in skill+. However, once you have a even Phalanx +1 augment on your weard mantle you can match this potency despite the loss of a skill tier.

The next tier below 386 is all the way down at 358 skill. All it takes is your Rev. breeches(and merits) to hit that tier.

Now, if you don't have merits, you'll need +24 skill To hit the 358(-30 dmg) tier. Gear-wise that'd be Rev. legs, torque, and one more piece with +2~ skill(which is pretty much any of them, so.) While you can't hit the 386 tier(without doing "something weird")without merits, you don't really need to once you get an augmented Weard mantle.

Keep in mind this analysis is specifically for phalanx. There's other uses for extra enhancing gear. Although, only barspells really come to mind. 122 resist barspell at 388 skill!
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-19 23:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Woops, was confusing it for Enhancing for that moment, my bad.

I macro in Enhancing for Reprisal in slots where I don't have Haste/Fastcast on the off chance that it does something(worth a shot, no harm done, and enhancing skill buffs most enhancing spells, who knows maybe it buffs the accuracy of the spike damage or something trivial).
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-10-20 00:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Woops, was confusing it for Enhancing for that moment, my bad.

I macro in Enhancing for Reprisal in slots where I don't have Haste/Fastcast on the off chance that it does something(worth a shot, no harm done, and enhancing skill buffs most enhancing spells, who knows maybe it buffs the accuracy of the spike damage or something trivial).
The only slot in which pld has enhancing, but doesn't have haste or fastcast would be... the back, I think?

Well, if you're carrying it anyway, feel free. But there's been no proven effect of enhancing skill on reprisal potency.

I'd think if you had any spare slots after recast- gear, you'd go for HP+. To make sure reprisal lasts full duration via increasing the DMG dealt cap.

But that's certainly far less an issue than it used to be, since the reprisal adjustment. But still I'd rather use something with a verified, quantifiable effect, even if it's not really needed most times. Than swap in something just cause it might, perhaps have some effect.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-20 00:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot about the HP component. Does reprisal auto-update it's damage threshold based on your current max HP or is it determined at the time of cast like Dread Spikes?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-10-20 00:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's max HP at time of cast. So swapping in HP+ gear can have full effect.But ever since the dmg dealt cap was changed from max HP/2 to max HP*2, there's been relatively little chance of it wearing in less than a min due to dmg dealt. Takes quite a horde of non-resistant hard hitting mobs to deal that much spikes dmg in ~1 min. Although shields like Adamas or Priwen make it a lot more likely with their substantial reprisal spikes DMG+.

Still, I do think it's the best use of leftover slots after recast-.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-20 01:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes me wonder why even implement a damage cap at all? I mean we reflect such a small amount of damage, and most NM's seemingly resist the reflected damage anyway. It reflects like 12-30ish damage on most things. Given the low damage reflected and short duration, i wonder what the cap is for?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-10-20 01:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems to me, to be a mirror of dread spikes mechanics. Much like enlight and endark.

With enlight and endark, you have decaying add effect dmg per hit, with a mirrored acc or atk+ value.

For dread spikes, you have a max HP based cap on the amount drained before it wears. Reprisal emulates this with it's dmg dealt cap.

However, while dread spikes had a clear and reasonable purpose for it's cap, reprisal's seems to have been arbitrarily added just to match dread spikes. It's not as if reprisal's dmg output was Ever high enough to abuse. /shrug. At least they upped the cap.
By GraverobberJ 2014-10-26 10:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I just recently started to pick up PLD after a long absence from the game (Since pre-Abyssea times) and was wondering where exactly I should be starting? I know getting Aegis/Ochain is now considered the bare minimum for using the class, but beyond that what should I be aiming for as short term "minimum" goals in terms of weapons/armor/accessories? Basically what exactly am I getting myself into.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-10-26 10:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

might be quicker to get prewin shield just as good of a job when you manage repris, and palaside respectively. Look at your old artifact and relic armors as well, look into upgrading them to 119. Weapon wise start of with sparks sword, work your way into a tojil run to upgrade from there or do alluvion skirmish or get ark angel sword. All this stuff benefits you content wise.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-10-26 10:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Weard Mantle
Rev. Breeches +1
Olympus Sash
Globidonta Ring
Shabti Cuirass +1
Augmenting Earring
Andoaa Earring

Arendsi Fleuret
Priwen
PRIWEN phalanx and reprisal bonus stay if you swap shields?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-10-26 10:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a vague recollection of a statement by SE that the reprisal enhancement wouldn't stay if you removed the shield... But I can't find it anymore.. and it looks like I've said this before, if with a bit more confidence. Now if I could just find the source material.

I would tend to suspect the phalanx bonus stays. The precedent set by other phalanx+ gear working post removal strongly implies this is the case. But it's not a difficult thing to test in any case.
By GraverobberJ 2014-11-10 12:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the Vocane ring a viable substitute for the Dark Ring in PDT/DT sets? Text in the english version is erroneously DT II - 3% but is in-fact DT - 7% according to patch notes.

First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 45 46 47