Fusetto+2 Off Hand...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Fusetto+2 off hand...
Fusetto+2 off hand...
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-06-03 18:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the Aeolian Edge test he did is more than sufficient (assuming they were done at the same TP) to prove that the the TP Bonus applies to the main hand. Because of that, we can assume it adds 1 fTP to Rudra's Storm.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-06-05 13:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if it is in offhand and applies to mainhand i think it would be worth testing if it applies to ranged weapons

martial knife and wildfire anyone?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-05 14:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats like maining a martial bow on sam and spamming Gekkos or something... I'm 99% certain that doesn't work because it didn't in the past...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-05 14:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember a thread here demonstrating that Martial Knuckles didn't affect Footwork WS. Given those pieces of evidence I doubt Martial Knife would help Wildfire.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-06-05 14:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Martial weapons have never affected any slot but their own, so it wouldn't work.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-05 14:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

perhaps we're looking at it wrong though.... not so much the "martial" knife... but perhaps a fusetto+2 would efffect the ranged slot...since off-hand fusetto does affect main hand..... though that could just be because its a dagger WS its boosting.... (who knows)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-06-05 14:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fusetto +2 with TP Bonus +100 likely would affect the ranged slot, but no ranged job can use any other type of magian weapon and vice versa. Unless you're going to use it for totarry accurate THF/RNG slug shots, it's kind of useless knowledge.

Best way to test would be to use Burning Arrow or something at 100 TP twice while mainhanding the TP +100 Fusetto +2.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-06-05 15:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
then what would be the purpose of offhanding it?

AE isnt affected by weapon base damage, so you could go Fusetto/kila kila/fusetto and there wouldnt be a difference

edit: i guess the ws damage could be mainhanded
edit #2: nevermind they both have the name fusetto so you could only have one right?
mainhand ws dmg fusetto, offhand martial knife.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-06-05 15:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i still think it would be wise to test both, maybe the way tp bonus was activated or something was changed when the magian trials came out
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-06-05 15:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
then what would be the purpose of offhanding it?

AE isnt affected by weapon base damage, so you could go Fusetto/kila kila/fusetto and there wouldnt be a difference

edit: i guess the ws damage could be mainhanded
edit #2: nevermind they both have the name fusetto so you could only have one right?
mainhand ws dmg fusetto, offhand martial knife.

this was already covered, they would mainhand a ws damage fusetto +1 and offhand the tp bonus +2

or martial knife main hand and tp bonus fusetto +2, however its unconfirmed yet if the effects of the tp bonus stack (i assume they would since atmas count as gear buffs, and tp bonus atmas stack with tp bonus weapons) but its all speculation
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-06-05 15:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so just to clarify.. Fusetto +2 is probably a good offhand for Twashtar?
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-06-05 15:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

the ftp shoots from 3.25 to 4.25

pretty much a 24% boost to ftp bonus so i would say its decent however i don't know how it would measure up to a str kila or something
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-05 15:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't be a 24% increase because you have an offhand hit, multiattacks, and potentially a TP Bonus earring adding hits and thus essentially increasing your fTP. Would be a ~18% increase in WS damage on average without the TP Bonus earring, less with... I dunno, inside Abyssea I'd probably go with something else since you won't always be using Rudra's but outside Abyssea it could be a good choice.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-06-05 16:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends what fraction of your damage comes from Rudra's Storm. It's the best offhand for increasing Rudra's Storm damage.

In general, Rudra's isn't going to be a large fraction of your damage unless you're sitting on TP. If you're sitting on TP, then the TP Bonus weapon isn't as much of a benefit. I would make one for Aeolian Edge, but not for Rudra's Storm.
By Nabis 2011-06-05 16:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone tried:

Evis > Reverse flourish > NFR 2/5 > striking > Rudra
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-06-05 16:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it works the way you think it would. Also, Nabis, Mujin ring is +5 Skillchain Bonus and +2 hands are +10. Thought you'd like to know.
By Nabis 2011-06-05 17:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

expansion pants are +5% also so in total thats +40% sc dmg, or is there some kind of capp?
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-06-05 17:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

do it on dancer and get another 20% bonus from traits =p
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-06-05 17:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Stupid question. If the +100TP Fusetto works offhand.

Would Martial Mainhand, Fusetto Offhand give +200TP? Meaning Instant 300%TP Weaponskills.

I don't care for practical purposes, more for Aeolian Edge burning.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-06-05 18:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:
expansion pants are +5% also so in total thats +40% sc dmg, or is there some kind of capp?

If there's a cap, it's above 50%. Golden Claw Atma is +20 Skillchain Bonus as well. Total you should be able to get:
20% Trait + 20% Atma + 10% AF3+2 hands + 5% Ring + 5% Pants = +60% damage

And yes, Martial/TP Bonus Fusetto would give instant 300 TP WSs and would trump WS Damage +10% main hand + TP Bonus Fusetto offhand for the same purpose (non-brew).
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-06-05 18:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Nabis said:

If there's a cap, it's above 50%. Golden Claw Atma is +20 Skillchain Bonus as well. Total you should be able to get:
20% Trait + 20% Atma + 10% AF3+2 hands + 5% Ring + 5% Pants = +60% damage

And yes, Martial/TP Bonus Fusetto would give instant 300 TP WSs and would trump WS Damage +10% main hand + TP Bonus Fusetto offhand for the same purpose (non-brew).

have you actually tested it?
edit: the tp bonus i mean
By Nabis 2011-06-05 19:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

so what is the highest dmg that can be done with striking > rudra

my evis do about 2-4k dmg

i have seen a pic of yuna doing 5k+ striking > rudra

so lets say 3k evis > reverse > NFR 2/5 > striking > 5k rudra +60% sc dmg = 8k darkness? for a total of 16k dmg.

if this is true then ***im gonna have to finish twastar :D

Edt: i do not know if yuna did it @ 300% tp if so then the +100 tp bonus would help close the gap
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-06-05 19:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've actually been considering this:
Sekka -> Wild Flourish -> Step -> Evisceration -> (Transfixion, 50% damage) -> Meditate -> Dancing Edge -> (Distortion, 75% damage) -> A few hits -> Evisceration -> (Darkness, 175% damage) -> SF -> NFR -> RF -> Rudra's Storm -> (Double Darkness, 200% damage)

I'd put it about 30k damage minimum in Abyssea, and you can do it once every 5 minutes.
By Nabis 2011-06-05 19:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

might wanna switch the SF > NFR > RF to RF > NFR SF
u might use up SF while tping

Edit: i had not really been keeping up with sc with emp weapons but i noticed last night with ukon that i doubled up light > light after i follow a pt members sc. was that just me or was it from somthing else?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-06-05 22:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No, Ukko's has Light skillchain property. Ukko's -> Ukko's is Light, or Light Skillchain -> Ukko's is Light. Neither of those can be continued by another Ukko's though, because "Double Darkness/Light" cannot be continued.

It's actually kind of a "level 4" skillchain like people talk about, but they don't realize it.
By Nabis 2011-06-05 22:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

it kinda went like this blue open with svage > ukko > light > ukko > light and i was just kinda stuck there like "huh?" but i didnt say anything thinking it was a fluke. i have everyones dmg turned off on filters >.>
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-06-05 23:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fusion -> Frag makes a Light Skillchain, then Light Skillchain -> Light (Ukko's) makes a Double Light Skillchain.

Ukko's is Light/Frag, so the first weaponskill must have been something else.
By Nabis 2011-06-06 00:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

most likely cant go back now :/ oh well. thnx for info
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2011-06-07 14:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Well no wonder you got a dmg increase when you offhanded the fusetto, dual wielding adds an additional attack to your weaponskills.

I'm almost done my fusetto+2 TP bonus, to properly test you need to offhand a dagger with close to same damage as the fusetto+2 as your baseline.

ugh... I just thought about that... Will provide more testing but AE was done with triplus on.

Still working on getting a martial dagger btw..
[+]
 Ragnarok.Deadgye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Deadgye
By Ragnarok.Deadgye 2011-06-09 18:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of wish I never sold my martial dagger back in the day now, lol.