The Days Of Our PDT Builds Numbered?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » The days of our PDT builds numbered?
The days of our PDT builds numbered?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-11 13:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Listen guy, the rdm remark was a complete joke. Aka rdm holding a mob indefinitely while others attack it, was done forever and it got nerfed lol
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-11 13:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagen said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
So whats the real diff between abyssea bst/nin and abyssea thf/nin/dnc? Tell me, I'd love to know
That refuse to team up? Nothing really. Assuming a BST can dish out the same damage, haven't seen it personally but I'm giving BST+100% PDT pet setup the benefit of the doubt.

Because every nin/dnc I've seen just love to team up w/ ppl lol
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-11 13:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
You can't prove one kills faster, its complete heresay.

evisceration and blade jin/hi, against 2003 artificial intelligence

i'm afraid i just proved it

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
I can trigger some reds, blues and yellows too, u jelly?

no, because i'm busy killing x10 faster via being on nin, thf or dnc
[+]
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-11 13:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
Listen guy, the rdm remark was a complete joke. Aka rdm holding a mob indefinitely while others attack it, was done forever and it got nerfed lol
Thing is with the amount of MP a RDM can regain and how fast a nuke can come out for absurd abouts of damage even from a RDM it works again, at least in Abyssea.

Edit:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
Because every nin/dnc I've seen just love to team up w/ ppl lol
Mine does, my friend does, two different NIN/DNCs I walked up to doing Gigas Pop NMs just before the patch teamed up with me (NIN/WAR) and my WHM. Heck one of them even stayed to help for my pops.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-05-11 13:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Think this thread got slightly derailed but only slighty
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-11 13:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

yup

well i mean, tbh the initial topic in the first place is as equally silly as this
[+]
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-11 13:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
You can't prove one kills faster, its complete heresay.

evisceration and blade jin/hi, against 2003 artificial intelligence

i'm afraid i just proved it

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
I can trigger some reds, blues and yellows too, u jelly?

no, because i'm busy killing x10 faster via being on nin, thf or dnc

I have ws's too bud, my pet has attack moves as well, in no way you're killing 10x faster. Name a NM you will kill 10x faster while solo'n so we can all have a good laugh
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-11 13:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

everything

when your sentences can be stumped with one mere word, i'm fairly certain it's a good indication to just stop and walk away
[+]
 Odin.Trelan
Server: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2011-05-11 13:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I've always had a strong dislike for the BST job. Little toads kept stealing my mobs when I would exp in the old days, they would mpk parties, they would start huge trains in specific zones. Nowadays most of them are gimps who must solo mobs because they have no friends. Sad job BST is.

LOL stealling your mobs? How many times have you typed if it's white or yellow its fair game? They are not stealing your exp mobs now, they cant mpk you anymore, and any job can create huge trains. You sound bitter/butthurt over past personal experiences. The so called elite up here are so funny. As long as they are soloing, claiming stealing, exping, etc. everything is all good, "if it's white it's all right" or ""Our party's exp takes priority over you BST soloing" but put the shoe on the other foot and they cry like a baby.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-11 13:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, what are you solo'n 10x faster? Oh your lowman group you must mean...gotcha
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-11 13:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-11 13:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pick an easy NM, like bloodguzzler, or aggressor antlion, minax bugard, etc. Are you really solo'n those cakewalks 10x faster? Nope, you're a liar. Just bc you can with a lowman group does not automatically make BST slow.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-11 13:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bst is the most reliable job to kill Cuijatender with. Migawari isn't too safe considering it spams ???? needles.

So, there.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-11 13:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-05-11 13:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
Pick an easy NM, like bloodguzzler, or aggressor antlion, minax bugard, etc. Are you really solo'n those cakewalks 10x faster? Nope, you're a liar. Just bc you can with a lowman group does not automatically make BST slow.
lol............. yet to see a bst solo him 1/10th as fast as my dnc can.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-11 13:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the whole PDT thing is a Q_Q fest since most BST can do an evasion build with very similiar results
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-11 13:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
I think the whole PDT thing is a Q_Q fest since most BST can do an evasion build with very similiar results

Cuijatender.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-11 13:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
lol............. yet to see a bst solo him 1/10th as fast as my dnc can.

Damn thats pretty sad of that BST if true lol
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-11 13:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

Cuijatender.

Yup, but then again not many other jobs can solo it either, dude is nasty
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-11 14:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no problem when Bst want to solo NMs...Just pick a non-popular NM. Nothing makes me /rage more than some asshat taking forever to kill a mob solo, just cuz he can. (this doesnt just include bst could be thf nin and dnc too.) And in most cases the player has such a small chance at getting Red/Blue/Grellow its just plain annoying.

And didn't bst solo's use to take some degree of skill to accomplish? Now with atma's and correct gear most bst just stand there and let the pet slowly chip away at the mob..oh yeah and occ. feed it food or temps. Sounds hard.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-05-11 14:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Since BST is a solo job I don't see a reason why they should be penalized for soloing better than other jobs. In fact, they should be the best soloing job. SMN solo's well but they are not as good as a BST (having access to Snarl and having a crap ton of HP for their pet).

As to killing an NM for a long time, I see alliances mess up and take forever too. In abyssea where tp spam can be very bad those alliances who choose to put all their DD on a mob usually have problems. Does that mean that we should start a petition for getting rid of alliances? or only crappy alliances?

For teaming up, many people don't want to do this in abyssea, hell many parties when asked how long they will be at a pop site or how many NM's they will be popping don't even bother to reply (I have had good luck with this but you see it complained about all the time).

Someone mentioned manners and communication being one of the main problems earlier and I have to agree with him. But not communicating effectively/displaying manners is a problem everywhere in the world not just in this video game.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-11 14:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea Zor, lazy bst is popular these days. Only time I back off is when a mob charms
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-05-11 14:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh I give up no point in this thread anymore the lolperle or afk bsts can afk and take "more than 10mins for nm" i'll just DD with my pet.
[+]
 Odin.Trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2011-05-11 14:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Leglevant said:
To those complaining...You want to remove the 100% PDT we can achive, so that you can get to your NM's faster while you're the one standing around waiting/watching for said BST to solo (or die so you can take it), instead of doing something more constructive with your time? We can get to 100% PDT ONLY INSIDE Abyssea, yet while we are actually INSIDE Abyssea, we can't even use the single most used job ability (Charm) that we used from 1-75+ in the first place (unless you AbyBurn it or partied). If you really want to take away our ability to get a 100% PDT Pet inside Abyssea, then to be fair lets take away 1 JA/Spell that you used to level your favorite job from 1-75+, while we're at it...again to be fair, take 1 JA/Spell from every job while in Abyssea along with removing Ochain, since if you haven't seen it PLD is capable of soloing the same NM's now (with the right set up). The 1 JA/Spell would have to be something you use for every single monster while in Abyssea. Before you whine about how Ochian is gear and it isn't relevant in the previous paragraph, my pet is gear as well and if you don't believe me, go check the AH and take a look at where my pets are. If SE decides this is in fact an 'exploit' (which when they fixed SMN, you'd think they would have done it across the board to all pets), then the BST community will move on, just like we did with the MPK patch/Zoo nerf. In the end, it's a game with people on the other side of your screens, you're going to run into people that just aren't social, don't want to share drops or would rather just play the game the way they enjoy it, I say let them and no I don't waste other peoples time at NM's.

Lets make sure it's every jobs most important JA/spell

no Ni, waltz, evasion bonus, etc in abyssea.

I don't see where BST are so slow. Sure a party of 6 will be much faster but BST and pet together can push out some strong DoT.

I also can't imagine why someone soloing would not team up unless they are ignorant or you have a bad rep on your server. Some people like to challenge themselves, but hopefully they are considerate of other ppl's time and allow ppl to team up and try to solo only during slow times.

Abyssea burnt BST are the same gimp as all other abyssea burnt jobs. It's all in how you play/setup your job.

Creating a pet cap will not stop BST soloing unless it gets really gimped. BST will just use more jugs/rewards and take that much longer. I think gimping BST is retroprogressive to your point of saving you time. It will take longer and cost BST more gil.

This issue of "solo players taking too long to kill NMs" is not exclusive to BST. I mean, with the correct atma/gear what NM's accuracy would not be floored against a thf or dnc?

Can we go back to having fun while playing this video game?...
[+]
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-11 14:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Trelan said:
I don't see where BST are so slow. Sure a party of 6 will be much faster but BST and pet together can push out some strong DoT.
Compared to what though?

Odin.Trelan said:
Abyssea burnt BST are the same gimp as all other abyssea burnt jobs. It's all in how you play/setup your job.
What is it when you play/setup your job well and abyssea burnt it to 90?
 Phoenix.Leglevant
Server: Phoenix
user: Legs21
By Phoenix.Leglevant 2011-05-11 14:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
And didn't bst solo's use to take some degree of skill to accomplish? Now with atma's and correct gear most bst just stand there and let the pet slowly chip away at the mob..oh yeah and occ. feed it food or temps. Sounds hard.

Swaping pets at the right time, knowing your area/aggro range of mobs, knowing what kind of TP moves you're up against, how many pets it's going to take before you can melee along side, it still does take some amount of 'skill/knowledge' outside of Abyssea.

Inside of Abyssea, well it's easy mode for everyone and even for me it's mildly irritating when a BST just stands there doing nothing to help kill the NM (but I do understand the desire/want to do it that way as slow as it is). The only NM I personally don't melee along side inside Abyssea would be the Cactaur's otherwise, there is a reason I have Tp/PetAcc/PetAtk/PetHaste/Reward/Charm/WS/PetPDT gear for my BST, then again the only time I'm even on BST is when none of my LS mates or friends are online (if they are, then I'm typically on MNK or BLM).
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-11 14:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Where did all the solo-artists solo'n 10x faster than BST go? Lol
 Odin.Trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2011-05-11 14:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagen said:
Odin.Trelan said:
Compared to what though?
Odin.Trelan said:
What is it when you play/setup your job well and abyssea burnt it to 90?

1)Compared to any other soloing jobs DoT

2)play=skill; setup=atma/gear/pet/etc
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-11 14:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is everyone so mad in this thread? I respond jokingly twice to a comment not even directed at bst and krizz has to step in lol.

Bst is srs business.

I still think you are lovely valmur
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9