Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis - Nothing drops
Dynamis - Nothing drops
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 24 25 26
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-11 02:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay I don't want to make a whole new thread for this, just to answer a simple question, and it seems to best fit here since this is about dynamis post-last update..

A friend wants me to get back on, to help him in dynamis to get his THF hands, what I want to know, is there anything new that is going to prevent that from happening, or make it even harder to get them to drop? I want to know what I'm up against before I even agree to do it.. Obviously, this wouldn't be a pop on, spend 2 hours and get back off even before the update, has anything, at least in that regard, changed? Would that goal be even harder to obtain now.

(Sorry if that's a derail)

EDIT: Also, I'm not really concerned with alternatives or anything, I'm not the one making these decisions, or whatever. This was just asked of me, anything beyond yes or no is on him, I just want to make sure I'm not digging myself in worse hole than I would have been in before the update.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-11 03:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

From the reports I've read so far, lots of ppl have seen THF hands and RDM hats drop since the update. Has SE upgraded their drop rate? Maybe, or they simply increased overall AF droprate.
The currency droprate is terrible unless you trigger weaknesses on the mobs. Yes, now Dynamis mobs are triggered just like Aby NMs, but so far it's still unclear whether they follow some pattern or whatnot.

As for the changes, the general mob distribution seems to have changed, along with TE statues apparently. You'll probably want a sleeper to handle potential links. Aside from that, mobs are rather easy and only get tougher with high volumes of ppl in zone (if I understood correctly). Also, avoid the new NMs they put in since they seem to be pretty tough.

GL on drops if you endup helping your friend
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-11 03:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I am considering it, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't saying yes, when it's been made obviously harder.. I have to admit, I don't really care about the game anymore, so reading up on everything is like studying for the class you hated the most in high school and felt that it was just stupid anyone had to study for, or learn about. It's more of a random dispersement of letters on a page, than words and sentences.

As long as anything that would affect what we're after, hasn't been changed, it makes the decision easier.
[+]
 Bismarck.Aena
Server: Bismarck
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-11 09:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sukasaroth said:
I dont see this dyna thing going too well... Couldnt stagger anything and onyl got 3 coins for the full run.
Also couldn't stagger anything and got 5 coins with group, 10 AF pieces, TH6. We were throwing in everything we had including things mentioned in the thread as successful staggers, wonder if they are time/day sensitive?
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
Server: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2011-05-11 09:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Why upgrade over 100 pieces of Dyna AF, are you on a crusade to HQ them all?

Yes... sadly is an obsession of mine, like crafting. I guess everyone have something they like to do more than anything else.
For me is:
1. Crafting
2. XP party
3. Dynamis

Which leaves no time to do trials and other stuuf.

PWR!
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-05-11 09:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
From the reports I've read so far, lots of ppl have seen THF hands and RDM hats drop since the update. Has SE upgraded their drop rate? Maybe, or they simply increased overall AF droprate.
The currency droprate is terrible unless you trigger weaknesses on the mobs. Yes, now Dynamis mobs are triggered just like Aby NMs, but so far it's still unclear whether they follow some pattern or whatnot.

As for the changes, the general mob distribution seems to have changed, along with TE statues apparently. You'll probably want a sleeper to handle potential links. Aside from that, mobs are rather easy and only get tougher with high volumes of ppl in zone (if I understood correctly). Also, avoid the new NMs they put in since they seem to be pretty tough.

GL on drops if you endup helping your friend

There was a drastic increase to salvage and dynamis equipment drop rates in the 90 update ( I think it was 90...) Before this update, it wasn't uncommon to see 30+ Relic pieces with a large group.

I saw 2 RDM hats last night, and no THF hands (got mine off Count Raum the night before). Seen much more DRK than anything, I think it's the same as it was pre-update.
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-11 09:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Went to Xarc last night, Chapeau+AA same run with a bunch of shitty useless Relic drops. Only found one TE as well
 Alexander.Mastersquall
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Mastersquall 2011-05-11 10:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

After doing Dyna-Xarc last night I would say that maybe once we get used to everything it might be better. We had a TH6 thf with us during the run, killed 5 nm's got 0 100s but thf and rdm dropped. About 20 or so singles with id say half the time spent on killing half spent on finding TEs and NMs.

TE1 we found was by the telepoint (where the rdm/war set of nm's used to pop from the eyes): 10minutes. Roughly the North half of H-8.
TE2 we found was by the eye wall in the SW corner of F-8 back in the little nook.
TE3 was at G-10 in the cave close to where the Shield used to hang out.

I hope that will help some and that others can add the rest of the TEs to the list.
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2011-05-11 10:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhh one more thing... Is there a STORAGE SLIP for Dynamis +1 AF?

After getting my +1 upgrades i am no longer able to use my Storage Slip #6 on them. I would appreciate if anyone can help me out answering above question.

PWR!!
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-05-11 10:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Pwrlessgirl said:
Ahhh one more thing... Is there a STORAGE SLIP for Dynamis +1 AF? After getting my +1 upgrades i am no longer able to use my Storage Slip #6 on them. I would appreciate if anyone can help me out answering above question. PWR!!

#7....they'll tell you the description if you click on it ya know lol
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-05-11 10:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyokaku said:
Yeah, thats basically what we did lol.

If you dont mind, I posted your findings on BG for more data crunching.
 Siren.Shihan
Server: Siren
user: shihan
By Siren.Shihan 2011-05-11 11:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Went into Xarca last night NIN/THF and RDM/WHM. Killed a few at the entrance area. Got Sam head. Moved down the spine a bit. Killed a few more. RDM Hat dropped! Rdm had it so I finally got my D.Chapeau! Killed a few more, got one coin and one xp scroll. Didnt proc on anything that I seen.

tldr: Bring a THF drops are not terrible, mobs werent horrible either. Also they wander apart at times so its easy not to mass pull.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2011-05-11 11:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

solo nin/dnc for 60 mins. Left with sch war whm smn, a single shell and coin. Only killed 19 mobs and no NM or statues. Got a few links but nothing too bad as long as it wasn't a BLM, WHM or RNG. Utsi killers with their Poisonga or Diaga spams, or RNG just ignoring shadows all together slowed things down a little to erase/cure myself. Other than that, nothing too bad.
 Siren.Shihan
Server: Siren
user: shihan
By Siren.Shihan 2011-05-11 12:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh the RNG mobs.. and the occasional Ninja... damn range att....
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-05-11 15:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Went to Xarc last night, Chapeau+AA same run with a bunch of shitty useless Relic drops. Only found one TE as well

I found two TEs. The Icon Prototype near RDM tower, and there was another statue infront of the tunnel that you get to off of Shadow Dragon pit. It's on the left wall if you're running away from the Trail Markings. Don't know what other directions I can give :L It was not an Icon prototype from what I remember... I don't remember what it was called :L Manifest Icon maybe? I guess it's irrelevant.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-05-11 15:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Was able to solo BLM, a Whiteshell, and SCH head before I got an invite to {Team up?} for my DNC body. That was in a string of 3 mobs, solo on THF (TH6). They were easy, but my Bloody Bolts and Acid Bolts certainly helped :)
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-05-11 16:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the af2 droprate, sucks to be upgrading a relic but I guess you just have to

Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-05-11 16:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I may have to give it a try. Thanks for the info here!!
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-05-11 16:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

WTB Duel Chap!! xD
 Odin.Upbeat
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-05-11 16:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing a Beaucedine solo atm, I entered on Darksday and have been able to proc red on EVERY SINGLE HYDRA and they are ALWAYS dropping 1~3 pieces of currecy.

So I'm thinking maybe it has to deal with what job /attacks the mob first that decides the red !! trigger, because out of 15+ Hydras I've proc'd red on every single one.

Doing this on NIN/DNC btw.

Stutter, Box, Quick steps all can trigger. As well as Violent Flourish. I haven't seen the other Flourishes work though.

I've got a total of 20 O.bronze, 15 Byne, 5 Whiteshell so far in around 40ish mins.
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-05-11 16:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm seeing a drastic increase in the price for dyna currency. 12-15k for bynes, 15-20 for whiteshells, and 22-25 for a bronze. Last time I saw prices like these, was back in 04'
 Diabolos.Nehalania
Server: Diabolos
user: Nehalania
By Diabolos.Nehalania 2011-05-11 16:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I went in dyna- beau with my fiance for the whole hour. I was rdm, he was thf.
He procc'ed TH7 & 8 on every goblin there and we had great results as far as armor went. Just two coins, and ordelle and a bronze.
But for af we even got a double drop on one mob.

I think our drops were: 2 nin, 2 bst, 2 sch, pld, cor, dnc, blm.
 Odin.Upbeat
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-05-11 16:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

still getting red on every single hydra I fight, currency is dropping pretty fast.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-05-11 16:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice I may try it tonight.
 Hades.Ganesha
Server: Hades
user: Niopha
By Hades.Ganesha 2011-05-11 20:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

L.Jadeshell dropped in Windy for me :3
 Bismarck.Aena
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-11 20:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bringing a team into Windurst this time, having WHM heal while everyone solos monsters they claim - we'll see if we can proc anything this time. It would explain not being able to find any procs last run if only the THF pulled but couldn't try everything it has available in order to pull more. D:

Will report any success after. That would be awesome if it's based on whoever claims the monster.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-05-11 20:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

3people 1hour 15 AF2 (Xarc)
3 RDM hats

~6currency

lulz
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-05-11 20:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
I'm seeing a drastic increase in the price for dyna currency. 12-15k for bynes, 15-20 for whiteshells, and 22-25 for a bronze. Last time I saw prices like these, was back in 04'

Ours were like that before the update.....

Today I found a 100 byne bill for 500k however...I don't need it, but a guy in my ls does, so I bought it for him :)
 Bismarck.Calina
user: calina
By Bismarck.Calina 2011-05-11 20:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Found 4 TE's in Xarc there marked with red dots(ish) on the map.

20+AF maybe 15 coins proc'ed red a bunch but even then didn't get a coin most of the time. Killed constantly for full time never had a random NM pop.
 Sylph.Brysky
user: brysky
By Sylph.Brysky 2011-05-11 20:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:

But you are the one selling for that crazy *** price.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 24 25 26