Titan.Archeim
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Archeim
By Titan.Archeim 2011-04-29 13:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Odin.Skeero said:
Yes im not saying do it once a week/month, but im sure most people has pulled this atleast once. Im just giving the OP a benefit of a doubt that this is his once per 6month/year excuse. And yes im at work while posting. Probably 60%ish of the people posting right now are. Im just saying, dont bash his integrity because he might be having a bad day or stress is getting the best of him. If infact he is a lazy kid that just wants to go home and beat off to his ridill, then yes just quit and move in with your momma.
You don't need a "Database" for a bi-annually happening. You need quick-wit and believable disposition. "Christ, my mother just broke down on the highway coming home from the doctor's, any chance someone can cover for me??" <pokerface.jpg>

Or... my friend in Vana'diel aggro'ed a ton of evil linking bunnies that are ripping him apart... i gotsta save him!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Erang
Server: Leviathan
user: Erang
By Leviathan.Erang 2011-04-29 13:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

statistically speaking, tuesday is the most productive day of the week.

i'm at work, on ur internetz.

the thing about working in the caribbean is you could work just 1 day a week and still be more productive than ANY local. i just scored a grocery store remodel job for my company AND you forgot to put a cover sheet on your TPS report. winning.

Gucci Prada DG
[+]
 Titan.Archeim
By Titan.Archeim 2011-04-29 13:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Titan.Archeim said:
Odin.Skeero said:
Yes im not saying do it once a week/month, but im sure most people has pulled this atleast once. Im just giving the OP a benefit of a doubt that this is his once per 6month/year excuse. And yes im at work while posting. Probably 60%ish of the people posting right now are. Im just saying, dont bash his integrity because he might be having a bad day or stress is getting the best of him. If infact he is a lazy kid that just wants to go home and beat off to his ridill, then yes just quit and move in with your momma.
It reminds me of college and even work as it gets warmer, you look outside at the nice weather and wish you were elsewhere... or a millionaire. And then reality sets in and it's back to work. I finished all my work for the day about 3 hours ago, so i'm currently allowed to do this. Just gotta be here for emails and calls for an 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Been on standby to start a project for 1 week now, I actually completed it since I had nothing else to do but it may be cancelled if client doesn't accept the concept -_-"

Hopefully they are paying you even though you are on standby.

I'm in Accounts Receivable for a company and i ended april reducing the "over 90 days past due" by about $600,000. I'm a happy camper who is looking forward to his video game filled weekend.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-04-29 13:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
"Christ, my mother just broke down on the highway coming home from the doctor's, any chance someone can cover for me??" <pokerface.jpg>

^ this

Much better, I was preparing to launch into the party pooper song.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-04-29 14:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Archeim said:
Or... my friend in Vana'diel aggro'ed a ton of evil linking bunnies that are ripping him apart... i gotsta save him!

I'm already the resident screwball, if I start babbling about Vanadiel they are liable to fire the net cannon at me.
 Titan.Archeim
By Titan.Archeim 2011-04-29 14:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I think I released the T-Virus... sooo, I might miss work today.

The quoted post is full of win.

I was eating some mexican food and i accidentally ate some Las Plagas....
[+]
 Bismarck.Talien
Server: Bismarck
user: Talien
By Bismarck.Talien 2011-04-29 14:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Working from home could solve your problem.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Titan.Archeim
By Titan.Archeim 2011-04-29 14:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Titan.Archeim said:
Hopefully they are paying you even though you are on standby.
Yeah, even if I'm on standby they still need me because I'm in charge of the maintenance of about 120 websites but I usualy have a few updates to do every day.
Bismarck.Talien said:
Working from home could solve your problem.
Wish I could work from home everyday, sleeping an extra hour is amazing :O

If Gasoline keeps getting more and more expensive, they'll probably at least let us work some days at home. I worked at home a lot January - March because of the Snowpocalypse.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-04-29 14:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

"I need to meet with *insert local University here*'s academic adviser to go over my curriculum about some night courses I plan to be taking."

You could probably push this a few times.
By Wombat 2011-04-29 14:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dentist/ eye-doctor appointment can be used once each every six months or so.

I recently told my boss that my friend's car broke down and he couldn't afford the tow. Stuff like that is believable and easy, but, also must be used sparingly.

Stuff that always works is pretty limited. When I was younger I got chest pains from a minor heart problem every once in a while. I milked that pretty good in order to get out of classes in high school.

Depends what your conscience-to-laziness ratio is.
By AsuraVanzan 2011-04-29 14:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

"I have a bone in my leg."
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-04-29 14:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Halfpint said:
I'm with Cat...if you have a job you need to do the job. No one is irreplacable because there are thousands of ppl willing and able to do the job you barely tolerate. You screw off too much and you are going to find yourself jobless. Suck it up...find some way to deal with it and keep going.

I've been working for over thirty years, my ability to suck it up has drastically diminished over time. I invent things like self replicating label systems that no one else can dream up but yes any company would fire anyone for any reason if they thought they could get someone better for a little less money. Your berserk loyalty is unfortunately worth suprisingly little.

So you can keep your nose to the grindstone if you want to. But I see a ray of sunshine after months of winter and weeks of rain and I am going for it.

Also, I think ash's "soiled undies" excuse is a goldmine I can perfect with a can of ***spray. <insert diabolical laugh here>
 Titan.Archeim
By Titan.Archeim 2011-04-29 14:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:
Cerberus.Halfpint said:
I'm with Cat...if you have a job you need to do the job. No one is irreplacable because there are thousands of ppl willing and able to do the job you barely tolerate. You screw off too much and you are going to find yourself jobless. Suck it up...find some way to deal with it and keep going.
I've been working for over thirty years, my ability to suck it up has drastically diminished over time. I invent things like self replicating label systems that no one else can dream up but yes any company would fire anyone for any reason if they thought they could get someone better for a little less money. Your berserk loyalty is unfortunately worth suprisingly little. So you can keep your nose to the grindstone if you want to. But I see a ray of sunshine after months of winter and weeks of rain and I am going for it. Also, I think ash's "soiled undies" excuse is a goldmine I can perfect with a can of ***spray. <insert diabolical laugh here>

Yeah... i guess i'm somewhat on the jaded side too, after my previous job which i had for 2 years (doing accounts receivable/credit analysis) my team and i turned the company around so it started being profitable again... and then they sold the company and we all got laid off.

I do like where i work now though. But i'd rather be a multi-millionaire and make sure my parents and siblings are provided for, as well as my friends, and play video games and work on other things on my omega things to do list.

and to the OP... for some reason i find your sense of humor rather amusing. (other threads too)
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-04-29 14:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Archeim said:
Yeah... i guess i'm somewhat on the jaded side too, after my previous job which i had for 2 years (doing accounts receivable/credit analysis) my team and i turned the company around so it started being profitable again... and then they sold the company and we all got laid off. I do like where i work now though. But i'd rather be a multi-millionaire and make sure my parents and siblings are provided for, as well as my friends, and play video games and work on other things on my omega things to do list. and to the OP... for some reason i find your sense of humor rather amusing. (other threads too)

Thank you, my upbringing was rather horrific, painfully repressive and belt~tastically strict. I use humor to dull the pain :D
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-29 14:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tell him you need to go bail your brother (or other family member, could try friend, but it might not fly as easily as family would) out of jail. Would work better for really large cities than small ones, so if you live/work in a small one, but live next to a big one, say he's in the big city jail. It can take hours to get out once someone shows up with the paperwork and ***, at least from a big city jail.. Small towns get you out far more quickly, so that's why this would work better for a large city.
 Alexander.Msthief
Server: Alexander
user: Msthief87
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-29 14:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The penguins have escaped from the freezer.

Best excuse I ever heard to ditch a party without warning.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-04-29 14:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tell them, "One hand washes the other and both washes the face." Then they'll be all like:

Boom. Day off.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-04-29 14:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:
Cerberus.Halfpint said:

I've been working for over thirty years, my ability to suck it up has drastically diminished over time. I invent things like self replicating label systems that no one else can dream up but yes any company would fire anyone for any reason if they thought they could get someone better for a little less money. Your berserk loyalty is unfortunately worth suprisingly little.

So you can keep your nose to the grindstone if you want to. But I see a ray of sunshine after months of winter and weeks of rain and I am going for it.

Also, I think ash's "soiled undies" excuse is a goldmine I can perfect with a can of ***spray. <insert diabolical laugh here>

I agree with that.

Let's say after months and months of boring work... your wife calls one day and is obviously thinking kinky stuff and tries to entice you to come home early or take a long lunch. Are you going to tell her, "Sorry honey, have to work today and my boss won't like it if I skip off work for too long." or "I'll see you at noon ;)"

You're a human being, not some machine. The moment you value your work more than the real things in your life is the moment you've sold your soul.

Work is important, I won't deny that. But what's more important? A bigger/faster car that you can show off to people or the freedom of time to do the things/with the people you enjoy.

Spend all your life paying for things you have no time to enjoy or have all the freedom of time but nothing to have fun with. Hopefully people can find a sensible balance between these two.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 14:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said:
Just tell them, "One hand washes the other and both washes the face." Then they'll be all like:

Boom. Day off.
LOL
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-04-29 14:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

depending on what kind of job you have is mainly with how much you can get away with (and how much stress you get), not to mention your relationship with your boss.

if/when i plan to take a day off, or leave work early, i usually make sure crap doesnt come back and bite me in the ***, organizing paperwork, and making sure everything is in order before leaving, usually working double-time (not overtime, just twice as fast) the day before or the day after to make up for my absence.

just because they hired me, doesnt mean I have to slave away to them. I work by the hour, I get paid when Im here, I dont get paid when im not, simple as that; heck, its way worst screwing around at work and getting paid for than actually leaving and doing it on your own time, off company property.

as for what do i tell my boss?
"hey, im not feeling good, can i take off early?"
"hey, something came up, personal stuff i need to attend to, can i take off early? (can I leave by xx:xx time?)"
"hey, ima go meet this girl early, can i go?"
"ima save the company some money, can i go home early?"

usually followed by: "is there anything you need done before i leave?"
granted, i usually take off early once a month or 2, and my boss doesnt mind, since he knows i get the job done.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-04-29 14:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said:

Boom. Day off.

LOLOLOL+1
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-04-29 14:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Just tell him you need to go bail your brother out of jail. Would work better for really large cities than small ones, so if you live/work in a small one, but live next to a big one, say he's in the big city jail. It can take hours to get out once someone shows up with the paperwork and ***, at least from a big city jail.. Small towns get you out far more quickly, so that's why this would work better for a large city.

It's a good thought, however my brother visits me occasionaly. Please keep in mind lies are difficult to remember and relying on accomplices is tricky. It's possible the brother in said ploy would need to acknowledge said jail stint at some point in the future.

Try to think of things anyone can use... well, anyone but the lackeys of the bourgeoisie that keep telling me to stfu and get back to work.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-04-29 14:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said:

Again this approach may lead to guys in white jump suits with net cannons hauling me off to the funny farm for longer than have vacation days saved up for. But tyvm.
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-04-29 15:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Msthief said:
The penguins have escaped from the freezer.

Best excuse I ever heard to ditch a party without warning.

"My grandmother fell down the stairs and landed on the dog.
BRB, checking on the dog"
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-29 15:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well do you work around blades or anything dangerous? You could take it a step past just lying and like drop something really heavy on your foot go home with a broken foot/toe, or you could cut the hell out of yourself and need to go to the hospital.

BTW it doesn't have to be your brother you say you're getting from jail, it can be anyone really, but they'd be more likely to let you go do it if it's family than if it's just a friend. If you don't want them to have to become an accomplice, then just pick some random (but closely related) family member who would NEVER show up there or anywhere where you and your boss might be together. Oh and don't give the person's name unless asked for, that way if all of you ever do run into each other and the boss asks "That the cousin that you had to get out of jail?" you can just say "No, it's a different one".

Or you could try this:
You: Hey, I need to get off work early, any way you can swing that?
Boss: For what reason?
You: To go bang your wife in your own bed.
Boss: ...Son, you had better watch what you say to me.
You: (Burst out laughing) Nah I'm just kidding, I'm actually going to go home and play video games.
Boss: ..(Now he bursts out laughing) Good one! Sure have at it.

A good liar isn't someone who can think up lies on the fly, it's someone who can make believable stories with enough details that it doesn't sound purposefully vague, and then keep the lie straight.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-04-29 15:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Kids: The never ending supply of excuses for basically anything.
 Lakshmi.Kinjite
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kinjite 2011-04-29 15:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

"Work to Live not Live to Work" take the day off but be honest about it like...."Hey Mr/Mrs ??? Im not feelin it today can I leave early?" usually would get a better reaction than to a somewhat obvious ruse
[+]