Final Gear Sets.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Final gear sets.
Final gear sets.
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-04-24 00:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
This is what i'm using for WS Evisceration

Need to upgrade probably the aesir ear to jupiter's pearl.

for TP

Still missing Epona that is gonna replace heed ring-

Question: why loki should be better of AF3+2 body for evisceration?
Depends, af3 +2 > loki's when: You use striking flourish or you use RR/GH w/e crit hit atma.

Loki > af3 +2 when: you outside abyssea (oh hai) or have timer on striking flourish.

Well it's how I do it anyway.
Brutal earring question: It's because apparently you can double attack a ws, I personally never saw it but since every1 says it....

Why do you use striking flourish for Evis? It add's a 50% crit chance or something on the first hit..
Should only really use that to force crit Rudras <_>
So Loki is pretty much allways better for Evis.
And crit atmas makes striking flourish on Evis even worse than it would be without them, etc.
And yes, weaponskills can DA.

Edit: Ok so the ability works a bit diffrent then I thought, but still probably not worth it.
Reverse flourish is probably a way better gain :p
I dont know, got me up to 4k+ eviscerations vs 2.7k ish with loki's maybe just random luck, But I found the dmg pretty sexy.Maybe I'm crazy? I dunno.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-04-24 01:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You got lucky and prob got 8 attack evis and most happened to crit.

if striking is down, why would you use af3+2 to WS in? Do you only WS when its up?
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-04-24 01:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
You got lucky and prob got 8 attack evis and most happened to crit.

if striking is down, why would you use af3+2 to WS in? Do you only WS when its up?
no, I have 2 evisceration macro.1 that have the ability + ws + af3+2 and other with loki's.I had that huge dilema when I got af3 +2 about wich I would use for ws.I actually though loki's was better but then I decid to try striking + af3+2 and saw a big difference.Never used striking before I got +2 af3.

I got my body a week ago, so maybe it's just random luck but I dunno never did those 4k evis before.

I usually always ws at 100% TP unless the mob is at 30% or something.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-04-24 01:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you eye balling? Try to parse both and see which is giving you a better average.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-04-24 02:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

this is what i'm using for tp.

standard dnc tp set.

this is my occasionally attacks 2-4x dagger set.

and ws set for evis.

and rudra's set for when my dagger is done

they are pretty good i think? i don't see any other sets here with cavaros mantle. does dancer's crit dmg + cap with just RR or something?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-24 02:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

no, but it'd get pretty close with just loki's and feather with rr, which make the gains from cavaros pretty minimal.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-04-24 02:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Are you eye balling? Try to parse both and see which is giving you a better average.
I don't know what eye balling means, either way if it's a way to insult or something I don't see the point.I gived my point of view based on my own experience, you might or may not agree, doesnt give you the right to insult me for it.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-24 02:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
I don't know what eye balling means, either way if it's a way to insult or something I don't see the point.I gived my point of view based on my own experience, you might or may not agree, doesnt give you the right to insult me for it.

it means "are you looking at numbers in your log and guessing what's best off just a quick glance at the numbers?"
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-04-24 02:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

eye balling means just looking at the numbers and guesstimating vs actually using a parser to record the exact numbers.

*edit* beat me to it =O!
 Ramuh.Yarly
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-04-24 02:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

Wat?

The moment your statements are challenged, you play the victim and cry about being insulted?

All he asked was if you made up your numbers or did you parse those numbers and you play the "it's my opinion" card.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-04-24 02:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use parser or any kind.But I paid pretty much attention because I was curious about it.I'm not posting it as facts just as personal experiences.Take it or not.

EDIT: I SS'd quite a few of them to see the difference between before the af3 +2 and with.With and without the ability.I just did it caus I always prefer to see it and judge myself.Also bored as hell xD
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-24 02:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

eye balling means just looking at the numbers and guesstimating vs actually using a parser to record the exact numbers.

*edit* beat me to it =O!

Aye, but its late here and you explained it better, cheers
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-04-24 02:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Yarly said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

Wat?

The moment your statements are challenged, you play the victim and cry about being insulted?

All he asked was if you made up your numbers or did you parse those numbers and you play the "it's my opinion" card.
I didn't cry or play victim.Just stated there is no point in insulting some1 that is explaining her personal experiences.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-24 02:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The human brain is great at picking out patterns that the human brain is evolutionarily designed to pick out. That doesn't mean that the patterns necessarily reflect reality. Having a parser double check your numbers is usually best. Just sayin~
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-04-24 02:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said:
The human brain is great at picking out patterns that the human brain is evolutionarily designed to pick out. That doesn't mean that the patterns necessarily reflect reality. Having a parser double check your numbers is usually best. Just sayin~
I know this.I just said what I used and the reason why.Wasn't expecting having some ppl QQing over it or something.I hate DNCs thread D:
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-24 03:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

who's qqing? it was a simple question of whether your claims were backed by parses or not. if you have a small sample size, you can't really claim much.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-04-24 03:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
who's qqing? it was a simple question of whether your claims were backed by parses or not. if you have a small sample size, you can't really claim much.
If only I claimed something, I would understand all this.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2011-04-24 03:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i think it was mathed on another topic that dnc can actually hit the delay reduction cap (75%? can't truly remember) so i wonder if that 1% haste htat i'm missing on gloves really makes the difference.

Btw for the loki's vs af3+2 on Evi i was asking WHY is better << i thought that af3+2 body was better just because of the +1 dex on it that beat the 0.7 tp it can gives you back after ws. Not?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-24 03:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
i think it was mathed on another topic that dnc can actually hit the delay reduction cap (75%? can't truly remember) so i wonder if that 1% haste htat i'm missing on gloves really makes the difference.

Btw for the loki's vs af3+2 on Evi i was asking WHY is better << i thought that af3+2 body was better just because of the +1 dex on it that beat the 0.7 tp it can gives you back after ws. Not?
It's 80% and alot of jobs can but not solo. Though dnc can get really close solo. Well maybe wit drinks... drk can get really close too

And loki's has +crit dmg too
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-24 03:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kogenta said:

it was answered in the thread before you even asked...
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-04-24 03:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wtf? In one way was what I said meant as an insult, lol. Not sure why you are so defensive over it.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-04-24 03:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Wtf? In one way was what I said meant as an insult, lol. Not sure why you are so defensive over it.
it's my bad, I don't always get english quotes and stuffs.Though eyes ballin meant that I was blind or something similar.

Please forgive me, It's also 4:30 am ; ;
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-24 03:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Silly canadians can't speak engrish right ;)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-04-24 07:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Err... anyway!

It's unclear whether Striking Flourish + AF3+2 body gives +30% crit rate over base+gear or a flat 50% crit rate for the main swing and DA. I favor the second option, because Rudra's in Abyssea doesn't have a 95% Crit rate when I stack it with Striking Flourish. It's an easy enough test to do, but I haven't made myself do it yet.

On Evisceration in Abyssea with RR/GH/whatever, this could actually hurt you as your crit rate is above 50%.