Forum » FFXI » General » Cure Potency trial staff
Cure Potency trial staff
 Bahamut.Tejas
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Tejas
By Bahamut.Tejas 2011-04-18 19:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Help me please. Trial 1701 requires 150 elemental kills and wiki is only suggesting pet summons or pixies. Both of these options look like 150 individual kills on lightsday when available, please tell me someone has some exp on this trial with an area that may have light weather? The mmm option mentioned on wiki is a no go for me as the whole concept of mmm seems confusing as shyte to me. Ty if I get any actual help :)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-18 19:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tejas said:
Help me please. Trial 1701 requires 150 elemental kills and wiki is only suggesting pet summons or pixies. Both of these options look like 150 individual kills on lightsday when available, please tell me someone has some exp on this trial with an area that may have light weather? The mmm option mentioned on wiki is a no go for me as the whole concept of mmm seems confusing as shyte to me. Ty if I get any actual help :)

Get a MNK friend to help you, can easily do all 150 kills on pixies in Aby La theine during one light day.
As long as he got good atmas and doesnt suck*
 Bahamut.Tajot
user: Tajot
By Bahamut.Tajot 2011-04-18 19:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a shout group and killed all 150, got new trial and did all 175 on same lights day.

Try shouting or asking a DD friend to help you kill Pixie's for an hour. It goes really fast ^^
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-04-18 19:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Only Sky or MMM has Light Weather and elementals that I know of.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Tejas
user: Tejas
By Bahamut.Tejas 2011-04-18 19:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Taj when you did your /sh, did you ask for trial or set up exp group?
 Phoenix.Sharde
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sharde 2011-04-18 19:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I did mine in West Saru (S); there's three Yag SMN's hanging out near the Giddeus part of the map (Not clustered,some running is involved, but nothing too terrible). These ele's are one shottable with even subpar gear. The problem is BLM/SCH/WHM/Whoever getting lazy, and casting the same spell element over and over again. A Fire Ele is going to Lawl at your Bliz IV, link the MNK's and BRD's, and generally piss you off. Its not as quick as pixies might be, but I always found someone to team up with on Lightsday.
 Odin.Headstrong
Server: Odin
By Odin.Headstrong 2011-04-18 19:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

hm you can get at least 60-70 kills solo on lightsday in west sarutabaruta(s) if you have blm or sch leveld >:
just saying if you cant find any ppl its still rather quick solo <.<
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-04-18 19:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Tejas said:
yeah abyssea is your best bet. Just shout an hour before or ask a friend to come murder mobs for an hour for ya. thf has a lot of fun killing in that camp but blms are extra shitty for it, whm mob has exceptional magic defense or you can move to bosmurck and I'll thfy it up : p

When I get to that Trial Josi I'll hit you up for this!
I'm on the 50 Arcana step, havent had time to progress this further :/
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-04-18 19:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Headstrong said:
hm you can get at least 60-70 kills solo on lightsday in west sarutabaruta(s) if you have blm or sch leveld >:

Yea, a great option. I did the majority of it here as I was limited in help and really had no atma's at the time to effectively kill anything in abys solo.

Pixie's in Aby is by far the better choice like many have stated here.
 Bahamut.Tajot
user: Tajot
By Bahamut.Tajot 2011-04-18 19:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I did have an advantage being it was for my Dbox. But we had a fair amount of DD's, 6-10 and rest mages. By close to the end of the day we had a full alliance.

This was 2 weeks ago btw.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-18 20:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tejas said:
Just do smn pets. And no the only places that have light weather and elementals that give xp is sky... and you can't see weather there and it's really rare. Well ok there is delkfutts but thats just random elementals.

Killing pets is not only an option and not confusing at all but it is your best option if you can't get a la thiene pt which I never see anymore on the particular day of the week you need since you can 1 shot them even at 75.

When I first did it I was actually mixing it with solo xping since abyssea parties weren't big then and it was just after first lvl cap increase so I did the ones in castle zhval {s} lol. Decently slower and alot more dangerous than the ones in sarubuta or meri mountains but....

or

Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-04-19 20:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I look forward to the many piceous scales annoying the *** out of me : p But do you have any help for the trials?

I do not, and I dont really have time lately due to work and LS events. I'll do it eventually. Will probably do the 50 Arcana in an Altep Dolls Dom Op one day soon-ish. I forget whats after that >.>
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-19 20:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh I need to do this soon, one of things I regret by being a BRD is the fact that you can't solo at all without specific dagger builds I don't have the gil/time to build.
[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-04-19 20:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

west sarutabaruta S is nice near giddeus entrance

there are 4 yagudo elemental pets you can kill

light day just ended got 1 kill left

/rage >:U
[+]
 Bismarck.Henihhi
user: Henihhi
By Bismarck.Henihhi 2011-04-19 21:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I did mine in West saru {s} also. Just flagged up right before lights day with the trial in /sea and there was always a couple people there doing theirs. Took about 1.5 lightsdays to finish completely before 90 cap was released.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-04-19 21:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

decent discussion starting here people provided some details of their experiences.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-04-19 21:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i burned thro em on my MNK for my alt in abyssea - la thiene
cleared the 150 in under a day, just competition with ppl needing baba pops, teamed up and let them take em tho, so not really a issue
 Ramuh.Leylah
Server: Ramuh
user: Leylah
By Ramuh.Leylah 2011-04-19 22:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreeing with Farfedets in Abyssea - La Theine being your best bet. Finished both trials in one day with the help of my LS which then joined up with fellow WHMs with their friends and had an alliance of 12-16 killing them. Goes by fast.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-04-21 12:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

On the trial before Bottled Pixies now. 834, 150 killing blows against beasts with 50 or more light damage.

What are some good solo and group options for this trial? I was told by an LS mate Goblin's Rarab in Bibiki Bay.
 Bismarck.Axilla
user: Axilla
By Bismarck.Axilla 2011-04-21 12:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said:

What are some good solo and group options for this trial? I was told by an LS mate Goblin's Rarab in Bibiki Bay.
Yup, there are 2 camps, one that require a bit more movement than the other, but just nuke to 10% or less and then banish2 or banishga2, be sure to sub whm of course.

Edit: Currently on the final part of the elemental's during light weather/day, to finish trial. The most annoying trial in the cure potency staff is the bottled pixies, so much running :(
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-04-21 12:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Headstrong said:
Aye did this.
Luckly for me there was always 3-4 other BLMs so teaming up would yield atleast 120+ per lightday
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-04-21 13:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said:
On the trial before Bottled Pixies now. 834, 150 killing blows against beasts with 50 or more light damage.

Personally I dualboxed that in Abyssea - La Theine, THF/WHM on Rabbits. Knocked them down to 1~10% on THF then Holy/Banish3/Banishga2 for the kill. Holy did ~10-14% on average (not using shadows helps there when you pull 5+ rabbits >_> lots of holy potency), Banish3 was a steady 6~7% or so (doing around 450 per "nuke"), Banish2 ~3-4% (~250 per).

Took me about 2 hours to do it all solo (though I ended up killing half of them on THF from not paying attention/triple attacking).

Interesting note, Marvin isn't a beast! (He apparently doesn't count for the trial, stupid rabbit)