Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » PDT MDT
PDT MDT
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-04-17 10:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to see what sets you guys flash in before being owned by a magic spell or a physical move that ignores shadows. I am looking to build a set of each for my solo escapades.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
Server: Bahamut
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2011-04-17 10:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I rarely ever use thf and my sets are far from complete, but this is what I use atm.

MDT-Rings are 6% and 4%. Can get HQ or more pieces of Lore to cap. I rarely use thf so I just use pieces I have leftover from my other jobs.

PDT-Still need darksteel subligar +1 and augmented darkness earrings. 0/20~ on any pdt augments atm. Only 3% PDT on the ring. Hopefully I can get some nicer augmented rings and earrings in the future.

I rarely use the PDT set because I'm usually too slow to hit it for tp moves and when petrified/terrorized/etc I normally just go with an evasion build.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2011-04-17 10:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

you can also use the search funtion on ffxi ah for jobs/slots/Description and so on and look through it what you would want to get (or can get)

http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&jobs[]=64&description=Damage%20taken%20-#adv
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-04-17 10:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I am thinking the PDT set will mostly be for /war or /dnc tanking where I hit my evasion macro, then my pdt macro for a hybrid set.
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-04-17 10:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said:
you can use the search funtion on ffxi ah for jobs/slots/Description and so on and look through it what you would want to get (or can get)

http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&jobs[]=64&description=Damage%20taken%20-#adv

I understand this, just wondering how people are maxing their builds. Thanks for the tip though.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-17 10:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I use this for BLU. except for back piece, and ammo, pretty much what I use for THF too.
 Ifrit.Morgish
Server: Ifrit
user: morgish
By Ifrit.Morgish 2011-04-17 10:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Havent figured out how to direct post your item sets but ill give the urls.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/186745
PDT on the rings are both 4%

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/193705
Same 4% on the rings

Edit not all of the pdt gear is usable by dnc or thf.
By Zeyphr 2011-04-17 12:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If ur usin a PDT set in some situations you could use an Earth/Terra staff. Using that along with darkrings with capped PDT, twilights torque and any other usefulness, you could be hitting the PDT cap on any norm job for a very great 'Oshit' macro piece
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-04-17 12:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

wow...i was thinking PDT MDT as pacific daylight time and mountain daylight time ><
 Ifrit.Morgish
Server: Ifrit
user: morgish
By Ifrit.Morgish 2011-04-17 12:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Gilhaven said:
wow...i was thinking PDT MDT as pacific daylight time and mountain daylight time ><
Zeyphr said:
If ur usin a PDT set in some situations you could use an Earth/Terra staff. Using that along with darkrings with capped PDT, twilights torque and any other usefulness, you could be hitting the PDT cap on any norm job for a very great 'Oshit' macro piece

There are very few nms i would consider swapping out a staff for doing so extremely hurts your damage and chances are said nm will go murder your support line due to hate decay.
By Zeyphr 2011-04-17 12:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Morgish said:
Seraph.Gilhaven said:
Zeyphr said:

There are very few nms i would consider swapping out a staff for doing so extremely hurts your damage and chances are said nm will go murder your support line due to hate decay.

Your statement isnt 100% correct, if ur swapping a PDT MDT set in just before a big tp mvoe or nuke goes off then it wont hurt. TP gain is very easily gained in Aby nowadays, even outside. Chances are you would just WS and swap all ur PDT MDT gear in then back out
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
Server: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-04-17 12:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Go check my ffxiah page Itemsets
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-04-17 13:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I do a lot of soloing so I'm working on 2 MDB bonus daggers for THF. It's not direct MDT, but it will help a bit. I thought of doing 2 PDT also just for cleave pulling, but we'll see. Minus 40 EVA would be a lot to be missing. I may just do only 1 PDT dagger and use 1 of each, Aeolian edge spamming with a Paranozium pending.
By Zeyphr 2011-04-17 13:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
I do a lot of soloing so I'm working on 2 MDB bonus daggers for THF. It's not direct MDT, but it will help a bit. I thought of doing 2 PDT also just for cleave pulling, but we'll see. Minus 40 EVA would be a lot to be missing. I may just do only 1 PDT dagger and use 1 of each, Aeolian edge spamming with a Paranozium pending.

I actually think the cleaving part is a good idea, my WAR just finished his GA pdt and it helps A LOT. Most ppl lag a lot due to all the mobs and rendering needed blah blah and PC's dont support it and slow cures lead to death for the most part sometimes.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-04-17 13:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

PDT cap is 25% or 50%? A lot of people say 25%, but then again you have stuff like Trackers Earring that has -30% with Latent.
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-04-17 13:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Never heard anyone say PDT caps at 25%, but if you see someone say that again you can tell them they are wrong.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-17 13:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Never heard anyone say PDT caps at 25%, but if you see someone say that again you can tell them they are wrong.

-50%. No one that's ever bothered to get any information on the topic at all would say -25%. There are a few exceptions, like Fan Dance, but under normal circumstances, PDT and MDT cap at 50%.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-04-17 13:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Is using an Atma like Ducal Guard normal circumstances? At <25%, a RNG or BRD using their -30% PDT earring would put them at -80% PDT. If you read the BST forums, they use 2 pet PDT axes for -10% plus Ducal guard, letting their pets tank like champs.