Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » xbox 360 linking question
xbox 360 linking question
By sefalon 2011-04-15 11:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 2 accounts that I play one was my friends and he was forced quit from his wife so I took it off his hands. My question is how do I play his account on my xbox? It tells me it is linked to a diff xbox id and I can not play it. I use his account on my laptop no problem but id prefer to use it on my 360.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-15 11:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know once an account is linked to a 360 profile, it's stuck to that profile, so you'd have to have his log on information to play his FFXI account on 360.

The same isn't true for PC though, so your two choices are get his 360 login info or just play on PC.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-04-15 11:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
As far as I know once an account is linked to a 360 profile, it's stuck to that profile, so you'd have to have his log on information to play his FFXI account on 360.

The same isn't true for PC though, so your two choices are get his 360 login info or just play on PC.

He will have to call and tell them to unlink it.

after that you should be able to log in and perform the link on your 360
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2011-04-15 11:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Can even just contact them via e-mail support and just ask them to unlink the specific POL ID from that gamertag, then you should be able to link it to a new one if necessary. I had to do that, and it was relitively easy to do. You will need the Codes for the Expansions and such so they can verify, but otherwise it was fairly easy
 Ifrit.Jynxy
Server: Ifrit
user: Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-04-15 12:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, i've got a few accounts. It's pretty simple it's just tedious.

Firstly, as Slip stated, you can only have 1 PoL ID linked to 1 gamertag. However you just create several silver accounts (which are free) and just use them.

Ring SE up, they CAN unlink it but you have to prove that you are who you say you are. In this case you're not but you'll get away with it if you can get the info. Basically, you'll be asked either a name, first and last 4 Credit card digits, address, expansion registration codes etc.

Overall pretty simple, just honestly a bollocks.

G'luck ^^
By sefalon 2011-04-15 13:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you all for the help. Sounds like a pain in the butt. I have al the info so shouldn't be a problem. He has mnk and I like to tank on my big screen. Only other option is to lvl mnk but I have 11 lvl 90s as is and have no inv space lol. Thanks again