Video - What Do You Use?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Video - What do you use?
Video - What do you use?
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-15 09:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking to record stuff I do in game and I was curious if anyone out there uses something that isn't frap and is possibly free. I dont mind paying $37 for fraps but I would prefer to use something free if it exists.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-15 09:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't always have to pay for simple programs like Fraps.

And I'd suggest exploring that avenue, because other than Hypercam which is a piece of ***you don't have much options.
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-04-15 09:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fraps is pretty much the best from what I've messed around with, nothing really even comes close to the quality of it.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-15 09:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fraps does have it's downsides, but it is your best bet.

The files you record have a set limit, and once they reach that limit (I think it's something like 2-4GB, which isn't a lot of time, the videos are completely uncompressed and the file size rapidly get large) it will start recording on a new video, so for anything of extended length you'll need a video editing program to put the files together, and you'll also need a video compressor to compress the huge *** files.
 Phoenix.Booklopedia
Server: Phoenix
user: EjinXI
By Phoenix.Booklopedia 2011-04-15 09:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fraps is definitely the best. I have tried to get several free programs but I eventually just sucked it up and paid for fraps, well worth it.