Novio
First Page 2 3 4
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2011-04-14 11:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So, uh, I was never into the sea thing so I never had the chance to snatch one of these up before abyssea. How hard is it to get a novio earring nowadays? Killing JoL I can most likely get assistance for but farming the pop, I dunno. Think I can solo a JoL pop being lv.90 now or should I just forget of the earring and move on?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 11:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo? I highly doubt it. Duo? Yes, most of it was duo'd by skilled RDMs at 75. Justice might be the worst one due to baby spamming and slighly higher magic resistance (from what I remember.) I am sure you can 4 man all of it though as DDx2 + healer + BLM/rdm(or other nuking job). DDs + healer on justice while the blm nukes down the pets with one spell. Only problem would be charm on main tank but shouldn't have a problem if another DD is on it.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-04-14 11:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
So, uh, I was never into the sea thing so I never had the chance to snatch one of these up before abyssea.

Why should that make a difference?
The world didn't end when Abyssea came out.
I'm sure you can find an LS that still does Sea and will sell to you.

JoLove isn't hard. Trigger Farming for it sucks the balls
You can solo a majority of the NMs in the Palace for triggers
(Best of luck on Ix'DRK. Camped him for 3 *** hours one day and he never popped... seriously)

Justice, Hope and especially the *** known as Prudence You'll need at least a solid party of 6 or more.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 11:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you don't need 6 or more for hope and prudence. Prudence was duo'd at 75 by RDM using hate swapping. It was powder boots + pull away and ping pong hate, something like that. It isn't nearly as necessary now. Have a healer + DD(preferably an eva tank such as thf) and another person with powder boots or flee, kite the second prudence far away until it despawns. After it despawns (noted by the one being held opening his mouth) rape his face. Hope is a normal shark with silly magic, he isn't hard.
[+]
 Cerberus.Exiled
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Exiled 2011-04-14 11:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

4 People will probably not suffice for prudence or justice.

All the ix'aerns can be soloed
Faith can be soloed
Fort can be soloed
Temperance can be soloed, but its going to take a while.

If you have never done sea before and expect to solo anything inside it, you will probably need to do some reading.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-04-14 11:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
No, you don't need 6 or more for hope and prudence. Prudence was duo'd at 75 by RDM using hate swapping. It was powder boots + pull away and ping pong hate, something like that. It isn't nearly as necessary now. Have a healer + DD(preferably an eva tank such as thf) and another person with powder boots or flee, kite the second prudence far away until it despawns. After it despawns (noted by the one being held opening his mouth) rape his face. Hope is a normal shark with silly magic, he isn't hard.

Would like to see proof of these please.
Any links, photos or videos that you can provide.
Till then... Prudence is a ***.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 11:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Also to add to that, make sure the DD + Healer combo is actually dding prudence during that kiting period. He gets a bit vicious when he has his mouth open. Also, for whatever reason, if you die you can pin him against the bush that is nearby.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 11:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:

Or you just sucked?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 11:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Exiled said:
4 People will probably not suffice for prudence or justice.

All the ix'aerns can be soloed
Faith can be soloed
Fort can be soloed
Temperance can be soloed, but its going to take a while.

If you have never done sea before and expect to solo anything inside it, you will probably need to do some reading.

You don't need more than that for prudence, most definitely. Three will suffice, just like I said it would. Justice I am unsure about, although I can see it being done with 4, the only problem would be the blm running out of MP before the DD take down Justice. I don't know how much dmg they could pump out with the blms mp pool, most likely around 2k with convert.
[+]
 Cerberus.Exiled
By Cerberus.Exiled 2011-04-14 11:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe prudence was duoable at 75 and I lead a sea shell for a solid 3 years.

One person had to depop
so the other 75 rdm is soloing prudence with what? 5 hour long kill with bio with its mouth open? He teleports anytime hate is swapped and uses temporal shift which is stun. So if the other rdm is nuking they are going to pull hate, get stunned, and probably die seeing as he has constant triple attack with high attack speed.
[+]
 Cerberus.Exiled
By Cerberus.Exiled 2011-04-14 11:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

a blm could solo babies now relatively easy
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 11:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Exiled said:
a blm could solo babies now relatively easy

Um they could in the past as well, it took 1 AM2 nuke. The problem is MP over time, it depends on how fast the DD can take down Justice.
[+]
 Cerberus.Exiled
By Cerberus.Exiled 2011-04-14 11:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean mp wise. A blm would be able to kill all the babies while maintaining MP for long enough for 2 or 3 dds to kill.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 11:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Exiled said:
I don't believe prudence was duoable at 75 and I lead a sea shell for a solid 3 years.

One person had to depop
so the other 75 rdm is soloing prudence with what? 5 hour long kill with bio with its mouth open? He teleports anytime hate is swapped and uses temporal shift which is stun. So if the other rdm is nuking they are going to pull hate, get stunned, and probably die seeing as he has constant triple attack with high attack speed.

I am not sure exactly how it was done but I remember someone posting a strategy on BG about it. Had to do with kiting the two away using powder boots and both RDM killing Prudence at the entrance to the palace, using that ramp to ping pong hate. He doesn't always warp if close enough, and I am guessing he just ran back and forth on that ramp.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-04-14 11:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Siren.Kuz said:

Or you just sucked?

That's it?
That's ALL you could muster?
You suck?

/sigh
EDIT: Doesn't prove your point. All it proves if your mentality.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 11:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Exiled said:
I mean mp wise. A blm would be able to kill all the babies while maintaining MP for long enough for 2 or 3 dds to kill.

Then why did you say Justice couldn't be done with 4?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 11:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Siren.Kuz said:

Or you just sucked?

That's it?
That's ALL you could muster?
You suck?

/sigh
Does prove your point. All it proves if your mentality.

Proof of what? 4 manning Justice/prudence/hope? Does everyone posting advice in here need to post proof to pass your judgement? Shut up and go try it, its easy just like the rest of this game.
[+]
 Cerberus.Exiled
By Cerberus.Exiled 2011-04-14 11:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

1 blm 2 dd and 1 whm would struggle. If the op wants to risk popsets on a slight chance of winning be my guest. The DD should be well equip.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 11:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Said healer, not whm. RDM is a superior healer outside of abyssea, they can also help nuke the babies. With Refresh II, MP shouldn't be too much of a problem. This is all assuming the OP isn't a gimp full perle/pink etc person. That is a bit of a stretch though.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-04-14 11:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Was doing Jailers a few weeks ago with my buds. We did Temperance, Hope, Justice, and Love. 3 DD(War, Blu, Thf), Whm Blm and Rdm. Hope was so lame compared to how he was at 75. :/ Died fast as a sky god does these days. Justice was easy too, 1 BLM can take out pets no problem, though if you turn it into a long fight MP will give out. Haven't done Prudence in years. People still have the virtue from it, so we've been skipping him entirely. I still don't remember him being all that difficult, just insanely annoying. With the warping around, the Perfect Dodging, etc. etc.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 11:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

He warps around when hate switches, a properly geared THF or NIN can take him down np. Hope is nothing more than a shark with few spells lol.
[+]
 Ifrit.Jynxy
Server: Ifrit
user: Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-04-14 11:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Elitist much?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 11:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Said healer, not whm. RDM is a superior healer outside of abyssea, they can also help nuke the babies. With Refresh II, MP shouldn't be too much of a problem. This is all assuming the OP isn't a gimp full perle/pink etc person. That is a bit of a stretch though.
the guy has 5/5 af3 at least +1, how in any way does that scream perle/pink?

Most people are these days, that's why.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-04-14 11:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
He warps around when hate switches, a properly geared THF or NIN can take him down np. Hope is nothing more than a shark with few spells lol.
Hope still has that semi-chainspell mode or whatever, but he kind of doesn't get to exposé it. Such a wimp now.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 11:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jynxy said:

Elitist? I am just trying to help the guy.
[+]
 Ifrit.Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-04-14 11:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo...

Instead of being such an *** and making yourself feel superior, if you're certain your strategies work, why not explain them, in detail? Offer detailed help to the OP who clearly wants to work on a Novio which requires a helluva alot of Sea NM killing, something which you claim to know alot about and especially in low man.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why not try and be nice, supportive and informative to people? You're just shooting people down, telling them they suck and contradicting virtually everyone in this thread...

This is a community bro..
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 11:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I love how butthurt some people are, is that you -1 all my post Kuz?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 11:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jynxy said:
Draylo...

Instead of being such an *** and making yourself feel superior, if you're certain your strategies work, why not explain them, in detail? Offer detailed help to the OP who clearly wants to work on a Novio which requires a helluva alot of Sea NM killing, something which you claim to know alot about and especially in low man.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why not try and be nice, supportive and informative to people? You're just shooting people down, telling them they suck and contradicting virtually everyone in this thread...

This is a community bro..

I am helping him. I have provided detailed strategies on what you need to do to kill them, what else can I do?
[+]
 Ifrit.Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-04-14 12:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, i'unno, you just come across very hostile, and i don't know if it's your intention or not but i'm just pointing it out
[+]
First Page 2 3 4