Did I Do The Right Thing?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Did i do the right thing?
Did i do the right thing?
 Lakshmi.Dobbykk
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Dobbykk
By Lakshmi.Dobbykk 2011-04-13 14:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I zombie everything, but I usually end up killing it. If you aren't going to zombie, you're obviously doing it wrong.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-04-13 14:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Megatron said:
i then proceed to strip naked and tank it nude on his dead body. after about 60 sec he homepoints. that was a good day.

lmao and let's call ice cube and see if he can add that line

Bismarck.Cerelyn
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-04-13 14:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Did i do the right thing?
Yes you did.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-04-13 14:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Megatron said:
Ok here is the story and I would like your thoughts on if what I did.

Me and about 7 LS mates headed out to kill the last few Sobeks needed to finish a Emp weapon. Long and short we farm lights and time. Get over to at conflux 7 and there is a group fighting Sobek, So we split into and start farming Lizard pops and going to Pop the Bogart. Upon getting just in range to target the ??? a WAR and THF pop the NM and take it to a safe place. As we watch the THF hit points starts going down, down, down and he dies. takes less then 30 sec. Then the mob turns to the WAR and proceeds to do the same to him just as the WAR dies. The THF raises up.

The mob goes white we watch the THF not cast a shadows but simply hit the monster. The NM turned red, Then the WAR raises up, The NM hits the THF he dies, It goes white, the WAR hits it, it goes red then the THF raises back up (Apoc Atma) the NM hits the WAR he dies. It goes white. The THF hits it, it goes red. The war raises.

Needless to say this happened 5 or 6 times. And the NM was still at 80%+ and I provoked it. Yes I technically took the NM. When it turned white, it was pointless in my mind set to sit here for god knows how long and watch them try and Zombie this NM. After we had claim and they raised up. I tried to trade The THF a new pop item. He did not take my trade offer. All they said in saw was” That’s fine, well go get the LS we can hold Guk for the next 12 hours”. Then ran off.

So was I in the right or wrong?
((no names were used in this to protect those involved))
So... they were going to just die repeatedly just to kill MINAX BUGARD? I read through the first time thinking "well, if it's Sobek and they want their skins and they don't want to lose their three KIs, I guess staggers really don't matter..." But I read a second time and saw this was about Minax. >_> It's... not that difficult to get a group worthy of proc-ing red on Minax and killing him without zombie tactics. "Stealing" Minax from them was like "stealing" water from the ocean: plenty more where that came from.

You were totally in the right. It would have been more humiliating for them to continue.
[+]
 Asura.Athial
Server: Asura
user: Athial
By Asura.Athial 2011-04-13 14:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've taken more for less.

If I'm feeling nice, I'll team up and give you your stuff. If you're a douche about it, I'll take it and never look back.

That said, if I screw up and lose something, then I expect no less from anyone else, and I'm not apt to cry about it if it does happen.

SE's said it before.

Yellow is fair game.

People don't always know when to quit and won't ever admit they have a problem. In the interest of saving time (which in abyssea really IS money) I'll do whatever it takes to get someone out of my way. Sometimes that means helping, sometimes that means watching them fail to their own sense of misplaced pride.

So long as you're not maliciously haranguing someone, or intentionally hampering their gameplay then I'd say you did the right thing. Nobody can really hold you personally accountable for trying to speed up the Failwagon. I wouldn't worry too much about the butthurt QQs of today's latest loser.

A.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-04-13 14:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Dobbykk said:
I zombie everything, but I usually end up killing it. If you aren't going to zombie, you're obviously doing it wrong.