By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-04-10 12:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

make new ones :O
 Siren.Zeroburning
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Zeroburning 2011-04-10 12:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

well its hard to make new ones hard to build trust and not have to worry about getting #%^$ed over
[+]
 Sylph.Zenairis
Server: Sylph
user: Altairis
By Sylph.Zenairis 2011-04-10 12:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand lost many friends over the years one even passed away in RL I would have never have known if it wasn't for her family.

Quite a few of my close friends quit FFXI a long time ago at least I'm still in contact in RL with a few of them. It does hurt not to be able to play with them anymore :\
 Siren.Zeroburning
By Siren.Zeroburning 2011-04-10 12:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

well i got all there numbers they just went play 14 and rift >.> i was like really . . . 9 years and throwing it away

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-04-10 12:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's because if someone you didn't know quits, you don't know they quit ;x
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-10 12:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate quitters :(

A lot of my friends came back though, but theres still a huge chunk that have left.

I just do my best to make new friends, and it is hard...

Also P.O'd Shamaya has "Quit". Used to ask him for THF Advice all the time and now he's POOF.
 Siren.Zeroburning
By Siren.Zeroburning 2011-04-10 12:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

LOl all the bis people i was thinking of switching to there lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Zeroburning
By Siren.Zeroburning 2011-04-10 12:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

yea always happens like that
 Fenrir.Tsuji
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuji
By Fenrir.Tsuji 2011-04-10 12:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

When most of my friends quit, I stopped playing. The real reason I play FFXI is because I could play with friends and have fun with them. So when the fun is gone, I stopped playing.

Later I came back since some of them still played and I was hoping to maybe make some new friends. Its taking some time, though.
 Asura.Ebry
Server: Asura
user: Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2011-04-10 12:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really hard when you build friendships like that, people you can rely on no matter what. I think that's one of the things I miss most about playing. Just having those adventures.. conquests.. and failures. Just laughing and enjoying being around some amazing people.

I think about coming back, since I stopped playing for such a stupid reason. A few of the people I cared about most don't play anymore though, so it's rough to think about that. Who knows, maybe someday they'll come back and we can all play together again. :3

So keep your head up. :)
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-10 13:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Think about it this way.... now that they have quit, you have a reason to build new friendships and new experiances. I had alot of friends quit a long time ago, (stopped playing for a couple months and then came back ) initially it was sucky, i was just hanging out by myself.. but it got better, and thru out the years i have established greater friendships than what i had before...

Asura.Ebry said:

So keep your head up. :)
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-04-10 13:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It does suck. :-( I started playing with a husband, brother-in-law, and 4 rl friends, then made a few (about 4) really good friends in-game at first. Now the only ones of those folks left still playing is me and my husband.

We made some more friends, lost most of them when we switched linkshells, made some more. One of our closest pals recently sold his account while another has been hinting that he'll quit soon for a couple weeks. It's going to be down to just me and my husband again soon.

The hard part is, we've been on 4 or 5 different ls's and have had mostly bad experiences with them, so we're taking a break from ls's for now. But without a shell, we're not going to meet new people. We're just not. Besides, I still miss folks from my first set of pals. Making new friends doesn't make up for losing old ones.

The good news is I still keep in contact with most of them. Thank goodness for Facebook, I suppose. xD