Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-04-08 09:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

What's Abyssea? and thf>dnc with rudra's. Stick to the daka+2, full Twashtar wont be worth it for dnc, stick to healing people with your tp ;)
Did you use Assassin's Charge with that?

Bahamut.Alukat said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

What's Abyssea? and thf>dnc with rudra's. Stick to the daka+2, full Twashtar wont be worth it for dnc, stick to healing people with your tp ;)

outisde abyss? how? thf/mnk fully boostet + sata AC + conspirator + hide + brd*2 (1 for att+ and the other for dex+)cor buffs + warcry + Dia III + def down + red curry bun + weakness at that mob or simply photoshoped?

have either of you fought jol? he aura steal'd jol's boost (flouresence) which isnt simply making your attack 999, it boosts the dmg of your next ability by like 100% or so.

Yea I figured he may have taken its boost before hand, still curious if it was with AC though.
By javelinx 2011-04-08 09:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

Bahamut.Alukat said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

outisde abyss? how? thf/mnk fully boostet + sata AC + conspirator + hide + brd*2 (1 for att+ and the other for dex+)cor buffs + warcry + Dia III + def down + red curry bun + weakness at that mob or simply photoshoped?

have either of you fought jol? he aura steal'd jol's boost (flouresence) which isnt simply making your attack 999, it boosts the dmg of your next ability by like 100% or so.

Yeah that also makes sense, I was having a hard time trying to figure that 1 out really, but barring perfect circumstances, emp wpns just dont do that kind of dmg outside of abys unless its on a mob like a qutrub that takes a butt load of dmg anyway. thank you for illuminating that subject yuna, btw my wife wants ur .dat dnc body lol
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-08 09:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

javelinx said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

Bahamut.Alukat said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

Yeah that also makes sense, I was having a hard time trying to figure that 1 out really, but barring perfect circumstances, emp wpns just dont do that kind of dmg outside of abys unless its on a mob like a qutrub that takes a butt load of dmg anyway. thank you for illuminating that subject yuna, btw my wife wants ur .dat dnc body lol
it's np, byrth is more liable to get the mathematics right, i tend to be stubborn and refuse to see the light at times (see earlier in the topic).

as for Dats, you'll have to specify, i have a bunch of dats changed on my character.
By javelinx 2011-04-08 09:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i think the relic dnc body is the 1
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-08 09:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

well i shall direct you to the designer of the dat, lily~, send you a pm on the forums, im sure she'd love to share it with you.
By javelinx 2011-04-08 10:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

sweets, the wife might poop a small animal when she gets home
By seiri 2011-04-08 10:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
javelinx said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

Bahamut.Alukat said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

it's np, byrth is more liable to get the mathematics right, i tend to be stubborn and refuse to see the light at times (see earlier in the topic).

as for Dats, you'll have to specify, i have a bunch of dats changed on my character.

Should also point out that ansat was being an intentional *** as per usual...u can ignore what he says as its usually not seriously related to the topic.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-08 10:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
javelinx said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

Bahamut.Alukat said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

Should also point out that ansat was being an intentional *** as per usual...u can ignore what he says as its usually not seriously related to the topic.
noted
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-04-08 11:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are setting yourselves up for a "u mad."

I think Thief will be more desired than Dancer unless we switch back to alliance-format events. Only need one TH source per alliance. Need multiple Dancers to give everyone Haste Samba.

Ultimately, we tend to do events for drops. Thief increases drop rate, so it's a direct event success modifier. Dancer outdamaging a THF and causing others to do more damage increases the success of the event if you're killing more monsters/faster, but probably not by 100% or something like TH3+3 would for Dynamis currency and AF3.
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-08 11:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

javelinx said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
BorealisV2 said:
How the *** do people like this get relics...

Usually by not being schmucks

to quote both really, meh i was tired. and previously, the whole points behind me saying the thing about how 2hnd ws formulas are a bit off was just a point to show that its very possible that the dmg formulas for single handers are also a bit off...some1 said that they had not seen 7k ws's with the *** dagger, yuna showed said 7k ws, granted they MAY be piercing weak, or they could just be weak to dmg in general e.g. qutrubs, but im sure 6999 is not the highest ws that yuna will ever hit with twashtar, she'll prolly come back next weak with a nearly 8k sc or something...anyway, was just trying to form a response to the ppl that were trying to be *** on the thread, which their only response was, ur a schmuck, chigoes dont count etc, no real facts or experience in the matter probably.

And just a thought, don't know if this would really matter outside of abys, but doesn't rudras>rudras make darkness? all the other emps have 4 elements in the ws, so y use a weaker ws in abys as the opening or closing ws in a sc? just asking, i dont have 1 so i dont know, but i'm fairly sure this should b possible

Really need to read into it more. I wasn't calling you a schmuck.
By Athina 2011-04-08 11:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Athina said:
Siren.Ansatsusha said:

Take your ignorance elsewhere. Clearly in my original post, I was fully aware that a THF can out damage a DNC in certain/many instances, and vise versa.

Athina said:
This has probably been asked before, but I'm a little anxious and just need answers to a simple question. I'm going for Twashtar as a treat for my DNC, as I've been on it a lot more and haven't done anything to gear it up, and I've been told that Rudra's Storm is better off for a THF, and that's all fine and dandy with SATA, I get it.
in short, it's the best weapon you can wear on dnc, and the aftermath is quite amazing for dnc. so yes twashtar is an excellent addition to your arsenal.

im working on terp as well, but that's a year long process and the dmg comparison to twashtar is a bit shady.

:3 thank you.
 Siren.Ansatsusha
Server: Siren
By Siren.Ansatsusha 2011-04-08 18:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:

for the record >_> cause people seem up in arms about it
not a full SATA+AC, it was just a TA
no brd, no cor, no warcry, no angon, no Dia3 (Bio3 would have been on), if food was on, it would have just been a yellow curry bun.

c,c you must be mad
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-08 18:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ansatsusha said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

for the record >_> cause people seem up in arms about it
not a full SATA+AC, it was just a TA
no brd, no cor, no warcry, no angon, no Dia3 (Bio3 would have been on), if food was on, it would have just been a yellow curry bun.

c,c you must be mad
i'd expect more if you had those buffs anyways
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-04-08 22:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what the straight damage multiplier on Flourescence (2x? maybe 3x...) is, but Angon/Dia3/Warcry/BRD/COR/whatever don't matter when you have it on because it multiplies your attack so much.

All that matters is luck and Triple attacks.
 Siren.Verona
user: Verona
By Siren.Verona 2011-04-09 11:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate all other DNCs. Seriously. I can sit down with another RNG or RDM, have a lovely cup of tea and discuss potential gear options and strategys. If any two DNCs are in the same room for 5 minutes, there will be blood on the walls. It's a massive competition, more so then any other job, and it annoys me because I keep drawing myself into it. Every DNC thinks they know better than every other DNC and noone else is playing the job right.

But anyway, Twashstar is the best dagger for DNC, there's no question about that. But the thing is, a DNC doesn't need it. DNC isn't really about seeing how hard you can hit stuff in the same way that SAM, RNG or even THF is.

I'm not saying it's not an awesome dagger to have, it is. But unless you have a linkshell ready to tongue your ego then I wouldn't bother. Getting an emp. weapon is a lot harder than it looks. If you have the means, go for it. But if you had the means, I don't think you'd be here asking the question.
[+]
By Athina 2011-04-09 11:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Verona said:
I hate all other DNCs. Seriously. I can sit down with another RNG or RDM, have a lovely cup of tea and discuss potential gear options and strategys. If any two DNCs are in the same room for 5 minutes, there will be blood on the walls. It's a massive competition, more so then any other job, and it annoys me because I keep drawing myself into it. Every DNC thinks they know better than every other DNC and noone else is playing the job right.

But anyway, Twashstar is the best dagger for DNC, there's no question about that. But the thing is, a DNC doesn't need it. DNC isn't really about seeing how hard you can hit stuff in the same way that SAM, RNG or even THF is.

I'm not saying it's not an awesome dagger to have, it is. But unless you have a linkshell ready to tongue your ego then I wouldn't bother. Getting an emp. weapon is a lot harder than it looks. If you have the means, go for it. But if you had the means, I don't think you'd be here asking the question.

What..
 Fenrir.Vazerus
Server: Fenrir
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2011-04-09 11:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

A good Dancer, in my opinion, should do as much damage as possible while keeping him/herself or allies alive if applicable. This includes debuffing with steps and such to maximize group damage as well. I see far too many Dancers holding on to 300% TP "just in case" and not particularly contributing.

With that said, go for the Twashtar; you won't regret it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-09 12:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Vazerus said:
A good Dancer, in my opinion, should do as much damage as possible while keeping him/herself or allies alive if applicable. This includes debuffing with steps and such to maximize group damage as well. I see far too many Dancers holding on to 300% TP "just in case" and not particularly contributing.

With that said, go for the Twashtar; you won't regret it.

unless you have warrior leveled or any friends helping you with *** tahrongi canyon
 Ragnarok.Estrellita
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Estrellita 2011-04-09 12:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

...wow. lol
Siren.Verona said:

it's really amusing and a tad depressing how many people take this game so seriously and get really upset when it comes to this ***.

the fact that the OP came to the dancer forum to ask about the Twashtar obviously shows that she doesn't feel like she's the best dancer in existence. she came here to ask for advice not for condescending remarks.

anyway, to answer the OP:

from what i know and have heard from a couple THFs/DNCs that have Twashtar, all of them are really happy with it. they both get their advantages with it and mostly have fun with it. it's the best dagger that a DNC can get so far, and yes, it's hard to get and may take a while, but it's worth it. if you can't get a group to help you out, you can easily trio it and while it may take LONGER, it's still doable.
[+]
 Siren.Verona
user: Verona
By Siren.Verona 2011-04-09 12:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Estrellita said:
it's really amusing and a tad depressing how many people take this game so seriously and get really upset when it comes to this ***.

the fact that the OP came to the dancer forum to ask about the Twashtar obviously shows that she doesn't feel like she's the best dancer in existence. she came here to ask for advice not for condescending remarks.
Oh, don't worry about it. I'm not upset about anything and I wasn't talking about the OP. Reading through the thread gave me a headache and I just had a conversation that put me in a bad mood so I took that opportunity to yell at the internet. It was very refreshing, thanks.
Although I stand by what I said, having a *** fest about numbers isn't helping the OP any more than my post did.

My point was if you want to get the dagger and you have the means to do it, then go for it. It's a fantastic dagger. All I was saying was it's a lot harded to complete an emp. weapon than it looks. But I did say it in quite a bitchy way and I apologize for that.
 Caitsith.Lyall
Server: Caitsith
user: Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-04-12 12:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Verona said:
the fact that the OP came to the dancer forum to ask about the Twashtar obviously shows that she doesn't feel like she's the best dancer in existence.

That's for sure.

Athina said:
Or should I just drop the trial now, bring the trials into a different direction, and look to get Pyrrhic Kleos for a nice Darkness self SC?

Forgot Nyzul was mutually exclusive with Magian trials.

Edit, now with less punching: If you have the means to lowman your weapon and they don't mind getting you one, by all means, proceed. But I feel very sorry for your linkshell if you're getting upgraded over literally anyone else who already put work into their jobs. Something like Nyzul isn't even close to hard anymore, and if you don't have the means/desire to even grab that weaponskill, you're taking advantage of a lot of folks. Or a small number of folks. Whichever.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-04-12 12:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I chose to do Twashtar over Ukon with WAR and DNC being my only 90 DDs.

People only helped me if they wanted to. I wasn't in any "Abyssea shell" at the time, and I made sure anyone who put in a considerable time commitment walked away with something. I think we ended up with a dozen Goading belts and grellowed every Itza we fought.

The final stretch on Orthrus (~25 claws?) was blatantly just a bunch of friends and I painfully grinding out claws because we capped out on stones. We mixed in Hedjedjet though, and even now we still need seals off Amarok.
 Caitsith.Alberic
Server: Caitsith
user: Alberic
By Caitsith.Alberic 2011-04-13 06:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally think that if your LS is going to put the time and effort into getting you an Empyrean--especially one of the Tahrongi ones, because they suck, especially Twashtar, because Glavoid sucks and Tunga is camped to all hell--you should do your best to maximize it and get the most possible use out of it.

Go for Twashtar if you want, but for the sake of your LS, make sure you have the gear to support it and level THF. Definitely try to get Pyrric when you can and patch any holes in your gear that you're able to. I know I worried about being "that guy" that wanders around Jeuno with an Empy and bad gear. (Saw a Verethragna on a MNK in Aurore the other day...)

Can DNC do some decent numbers with Rudra's? Sure. But can THF do better? You know they can, they have more JAs to support it. So why not suck it up and level THF? I'm actually looking at getting the WoE dagger for my DNC and mine isn't half as well geared as yours (it's purely a vanity job for me), and I'll probably suck it up and level THF, just to make sure I'm getting all I can out of the item.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-13 07:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

thf can average out better numbers than dnc on the ws itself for sure, but if you are going to get an empyrean, you're getting it for the aftermath which dnc makes far better use of alberic.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-04-13 08:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The two jobs make equal use of the Aftermath. You can actually argue Thief makes better use of it just because they have more reason to use it (SA or TA-Rudra's is more viable than SF-Rudra's). +30% DPS is +30% DPS. Aftermath doesn't change the relative damage of Thief and Dancer because we keep comparable TP/WS splits (they get SA/TA, we get 20 more STP).

That said, leveling Thief because you want to DD better with Twashtar is misguided at best. Unless the party is THF, DNC, and BRD/WHM (double march), we absolutely crush them in terms of DPS and WS frequency. Even then, switching the DNC to THF drops damage a ton.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-14 12:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, it's not even funny how retardedly overpowered DNC is compared to THF.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-14 16:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ya, it's not even funny how retardedly overpowered DNC is compared to THF.
No th! No crazy I'll just afk evasion!
[+]