New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Looking for a server that isn't Abysseafied
Looking for a server that isn't Abysseafied
First Page 2 3 4
By BellaDiavala 2011-04-07 09:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, been playing for awhile, and I'm bored... I don't like abyssea, i think it's an excuse to be lazy, while two or three key people do work.
Anyways, I'm looking for a server that does old school stuff, sky, sea, limbus, dyna (till SE screws it up), salvage, wotg toau...

IF you know of any, please reply to my post... and I'm sure I'll get some yahoo's that will say abyssea is a new found lease on life. Congrats, to you, i think it's cancer of FFXI, but that's me...

Much appreciation ~ Bella ~
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-07 10:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

BellaDiavala said:
Hi, been playing for awhile, and I'm bored... I don't like abyssea, i think it's an excuse to be lazy, while two or three key people do work.
Anyways, I'm looking for a server that does old school stuff, sky, sea, limbus, dyna (till SE screws it up), salvage, wotg toau...

IF you know of any, please reply to my post... and I'm sure I'll get some yahoo's that will say abyssea is a new found lease on life. Congrats, to you, i think it's cancer of FFXI, but that's me...

Much appreciation ~ Bella ~

For the most part, it's worth quitting if you don't like Abyssea that much.

I believe Artemecion and Enternius are doing oldschool stuff on Fenrir though, but I'm not sure how many people do it with them.

And calling it the cancer of XI is a bit much. It's boring sure, but it essentially stopped XI from dying.

If it was along side other EG it would be fine.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-04-07 10:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to Asura =D
By BellaDiavala 2011-04-07 10:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That's how I see though Flion, it killed all the enjoyment I had, I think i spend most of my time either getting nin spells for people, or standing around, least my moogle has company now, lol, thanks for the replys!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-07 10:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

BellaDiavala said:
That's how I see though Flion, it killed all the enjoyment I had, I think i spend most of my time either getting nin spells for people, or standing around, least my moogle has company now, lol, thanks for the replys!

Well I can understand, I'm not a huge fan of Abyssea myself.

But yeah... I'll PM Arte and link him to this thread, maybe you can have a talk about it. I think they had 5 or 6 people do old stuff like Ein, Nyzul, Salvage etc.
 Bismarck.Hisagi
Server: Bismarck
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2011-04-07 10:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont see abyssea as a cancer with those atmas that makes u able to solo more things and not rest during fights, old events are still cool and funny too.
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-04-07 10:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a pretty pretty cool initiative of Ent and Artemicion.
I enjoy oldschool stuff a lot too. Once in a while me and some friends are out doing things for the sake of fun, not really for the rewards (like going back to sea, killing stuff).

I'd welcome you in Lakshmi Bella, however my LS still has a huge emphasys in Abyssea~
By BellaDiavala 2011-04-07 10:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool thanks :D and Seoha, I'm deffo interested... Thanks for the offer :)
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-07 10:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hisagi said:
I dont see abyssea as a cancer with those atmas that makes u able to solo more things and not rest during fights, old events are still cool and funny too.

Atma are part of the reason I dislike Abyssea.

Sure make some solo friendly content, but make some difficult content outside of abyssea too.

They've essentially cut the usefulness of all jobs outside of MNK, NIN, WAR, WHM and BLM.

Even when SAM was a big hitter, there was at least need for RDM, SCH, BRD, COR (occasionally) and other DD.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-07 10:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Grass is always greener. When we move back to 21-24 Hour Botted HNMs, 18 Man Alliance fights where you're 12th in line for the 1 item you want with 0.8% Drop rate in the zone you can only enter once every 3 days, and etc. We'll be missing Abyssea.

I always thought a balance of Inside Abyssea, and outside Abyssea content, Each with unique rewards, Would be a perfect idea for FFXI, but even that suggestion usually gets the same butthurt responses from anti-Abysseans, So eh.

On topic, But Either way, I think the best cure for you is to quite the game, and come back when Abyssea is over. You save money.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-04-07 10:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

oddly enough, im in the same boat as Op, quit a few months due to no LS and heavy abyssea events/shouts.
i have considered coming back, and even server hopping.
 Bismarck.Hisagi
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2011-04-07 10:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

Sure make some solo friendly content, but make some difficult content outside of abyssea too.

They've essentially cut the usefulness of all jobs outside of MNK, NIN, WAR, WHM and BLM.

Even when SAM was a big hitter, there was at least need for RDM, SCH, BRD, COR (occasionally) and other DD.

During the story of ffxi always happen some jobs sucked against others nothing of new
By BellaDiavala 2011-04-07 10:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, totally agree @ you're reply ... I litrally (dont care it's my way of saying it) I was yelled at for doing rdm stuff on my rdm in abyssea, and essentially was called useless in so many words... and as far as whm, that's a WHOLE nother thread i could go on for hours... They should make something that explains wtf jobs do... oh wait.. wiki has that.
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-04-07 10:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

But really, is this any different than any other time in FFXI's history? Over the years, jobs drift from overpowered to underpowered and back again like the rise and fall of the tides (inb4 'You can't explain that! Never a miscommunication.' lol).

Also, my LS often uses sub-optimal jobs, and we don't have problems getting things done. Our biggest obstacle to progress is everyone's busy RL schedules!
By BellaDiavala 2011-04-07 10:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Karb, honestly... I enjoyed Sky when you could read through the text the absolute joy of someone getting w~legs... funny enough, there's not much joy when people get abyssea gear. no more flood of grats...
 Lakshmi.Seoha
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-04-07 10:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea brings about a good balance for hardcore and casual gamers.
That's very good for FFXI right now, being a 10 year old MMO.

However, I think we do abyssea too much.
Sure, we can go back to sky and kill Byakko for fun and stuff. Just that part of the fun is in the rewards (which is the gear).
People are focusing on abyssea because 50% of the fun in a MMO is self-improvement when it comes down to gear. We all desire new gear, upgrade, yadda yadda.

I personally like and dislike abyssea. Too much abyssea is rather annoying.
That's why we try to take a break from time to time and do other things, for the sake of doing them, for fun... like lvling in oldschool zones with an oldschool party~
Or, doing Dynamis , Ein, etc.
 Bismarck.Hisagi
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2011-04-07 10:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said:
oddly enough, im in the same boat as Op, quit a few months due to no LS and heavy abyssea events/shouts.

i quitted 4 months too and coming back with no ls and most of friends server hopp./ quit sucks so much ;D
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-07 10:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

BellaDiavala said:
Karb, honestly... I enjoyed Sky when you could read through the text the absolute joy of someone getting w~legs... funny enough, there's not much joy when people get abyssea gear. no more flood of grats...

Sounds like a change of People. Or you hang out with Shitty folks.

I do all my events with close friends, not shout groups though, So i guess i can see if you do it with shout how that wouldn't be. Its still a big deal when i get a drop in abyssea, Friends always say congrats, even on junk.

Even with i was in a Linkshell, with 30~ Active members for Abyssea (yah no joke!) There were always grats when someone won a lot. no "grats" isn't abyssea faults. Its ignorant players.

I enjoyed Sky as much as i enjoy Abyssea, I liked Sky cause it was fun to bot against Gilsellers for Ullikummi when he popped once a year, and it was fun rushing from zone to zone to zone to the other zone to zone out to the one zone to get into the one zone to be outclaimed on that one NM you wanted by the other LS who zoned quicker than you. (No but srsly...) It was fun, I like killing Kirin and all of them. The first time i killed Kirin i was soo happy, I didnt win anything, but it was fun.

Though, I experience the same joy i got killing kirin, when i killed Rani, and Raja to access Shinryu.

and when i got my First atma (VV).

Fun is where you find it, And if you cannot find fun in the game, Simply put it down until abyssea is over :)
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-04-07 10:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

BellaDiavala said:

Haha, this is still true. I still know plenty of people without w.legs (they don't exist! D:), so when Kirin does finally drop a pair for us, /party chat goes absolutely wild.

Abyssea doesn't share the same sadistic drop-rate as the rest of FFXI's endgame, so naturally, the excitement is more subdued. It's usually reserved for when someone completes a +1/+2 piece.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-07 10:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

During the story of ffxi always happen some jobs sucked against others nothing of new

Did you read what I wrote?

Yes, some jobs sucked but never before Abyssea were all jobs bar 4 obsolete and pointless.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-04-07 10:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Bismarck.Misao said:

i quitted 4 months too and coming back with no ls and most of friends server hopp./ quit sucks so much ;D

yup. Ls Fell appart shortly before 3rd abyssea update, and either ppl quited, wandered off, of drama consumed em, really made it sucky.
I really wanna hop back and finish Wotg story and finish (even if useless) my Amir Set
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-07 10:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

But really, is this any different than any other time in FFXI's history? Over the years, jobs drift from overpowered to underpowered and back again like the rise and fall of the tides (inb4 'You can't explain that! Never a miscommunication.' lol).

Also, my LS often uses sub-optimal jobs, and we don't have problems getting things done. Our biggest obstacle to progress is everyone's busy RL schedules!

Yes but like I said, even when SAM was a heavy hitter, other jobs were still relevant.

In Abyssea NIN, WAR, WHM and BLM are the only relevant jobs. Even MNK is pretty pointless now (inb4 rage)

Never has so many jobs been pointless and I blame Atma personally.

It's like... What was WHM's weakness before Abyssea? Lack of refresh right? So what now, there's an atma that fixes that.

Why bother playing RDM now? Debuffs are near pointless due to how fast you kill something and they can't keep up with a WHM.

You can say that about nearly every job due to Atma.

They took a jobs strength and condensed it into Atma.
[+]
By BellaDiavala 2011-04-07 10:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, that's what happened with me, Originally from Odin, and the friends I had either quit, or became so involved with abyssea, it's consumed them. Came to Alex to visit old friends, same deal here, and now it's being merged to Shiva, so, I have a general feeling, it's gonna be the same there.
By cureurface 2011-04-07 10:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to ask what jobs you have leveled and skilled/geared bella. Then I want to say if you don't have War, Nin, Whm, Rdm, Blm, Dnc, or Thf leveled to level one of those jobs. If you want to be one of "the jobs" that is key then pick war, nin and/or whm. With those three jobs you can trigger every red proc and lets face it if you can't get Key items Abyssea isn't that great.

What are your accomplishments in abyssea? You can't knock it before you try it.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-07 10:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

Did you read what I wrote?

Yes, some jobs sucked but never before Abyssea were all jobs bar 4 obsolete and pointless.

Pointless/Obsolete is a subjective term if you ask me. BLU is used for Yellow procs, DRK has Scythe-Specific Blue procs, BLM for some Yellow, PLD even for Swift Blade, etc.

Abyssea at least made some uses for certain jobs, even if its simply for proccing. MNK+WHM Can't cover all Red/Yellow procs, yes they can kill the NM, but it'd be criminally inefficient if you're after anything but Blue drop (in which case you could go during Blunt).

I mean, its a conveniently ignored argument, But the term useless is certainly subjective, as each job has its uses in abyssea, even if its as small as a specific weaponskill for weakness.

I won't act like its not obvious the community prefers certain jobs though.
[+]
 Ramuh.Leif
Server: Ramuh
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-04-07 10:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

cureurface said:
I'd like to ask what jobs you have leveled and skilled/geared bella. Then I want to say if you don't have War, Nin, Whm, Rdm, Blm, Dnc, or Thf leveled to level one of those jobs. If you want to be one of "the jobs" that is key then pick war, nin and/or whm. With those three jobs you can trigger every red proc and lets face it if you can't get Key items Abyssea isn't that great.

What are your accomplishments in abyssea? You can't knock it before you try it.
Come on now, Bella is trying to get AWAY from Abyssea.
By BellaDiavala 2011-04-07 10:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok.... Here we go... I have all those awesome atmas... like rescuer and allure and ambition and mm, w/e..

But when you have a dnc healing, which is ok i guess cuz that's part of their job, and two whms leeching, and and RDM thats doing nothing and you're left holding the bag curing, as whm, merited and actually caring about the job, I don't think it's right that when you're in the opposite shoe and on RDM actually caring and doing your job, you're basically told either to stop, or be a refresher and haster... there's so much more to rdm than just that, and yes... those are parts of the jobs and in meripos you did the same, but, abyssea has killed jobs...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-04-07 10:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What LS are you in Seoha?
 Odin.Sicflip
Server: Odin
user: Mdwarlord
By Odin.Sicflip 2011-04-07 10:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if u find a server and does all that i wouldnt mind changing server again, or decide to make a LS ill be down to transfer.
All i do on Odin is AFK and bazaar 95% of the time and the other 5 is crafting lol
By BellaDiavala 2011-04-07 10:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

90 WHM Merited, 90 RDM merited, Goals? Almace... Possibly the RDM EAF body, honestly thats about it Abyssea wise. I don't really care for the new WHM gear, b/c with the exception of the deflated condom cap, which has +10 cure pote on it, my gear stands up to abyssea's.
First Page 2 3 4