Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mog Tablets
Mog Tablets
By Inuyashasama 2011-04-05 04:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity how many people have goten a tablet and a ring. I have been wanting to get one for a couple months now and if anyone can share a couple tips would be awesome.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-05 04:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Found one once, never really camped the moogle or anything to get a head start tho.
The time I found it I got lucky, as I were in the dunes when people started to find them, and I checked the spots listed on wiki in the dunes, and found one.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-05 04:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Never, I tried nearly weekly for like 3-4 months +

The zone I chose to search only ended up being the one with a tablet in it a couple of times..

Friend would do quick searches of multiple zones, but I figured my best chance to find one was to stick to a single zone and scour that *** to hell.. Neither tactic has seemed to work. He got one a long time ago, but IIRC, it was dumb luck, he just stumbled upon it without even realizing that the tablets were out.
[+]
By Inuyashasama 2011-04-05 05:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah so basically im SoL unless by fluke i find one *sigh* plvl band for sam will have to wait then
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ringmastersword 2011-04-05 05:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I found one once and feel I could again. If you know where they are in each zone its not to terrible to check. I liked North Gusty best but it pissed me off after covering the entire zone (in case it showed up in a spot i hadn't seen before) on the top side (non highlands) then being found on the bottom. Haven t bothered since.

Its handy when its at a time with few people on if you wanna wait for opportune time but otherwise just try to know where they can be and how to get there asap. With so many people caring a lot less about them I'm sure you have a decent chance at it. Good luck! ^^

P.S. Also, when I enjoyed doing it in gusty it was before the billions of people coming and going from maws. Probably some of the worst zones to do it in id think.
By Inuyashasama 2011-04-05 05:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I want one for Mnk, dnc, sam and drg. Any Idea when the disappeared Ring?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-05 05:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Inuyashasama said:
Well I want one for Mnk, dnc, sam and drg. Any Idea when the disappeared Ring?
disappeared ring?
[+]
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2011-04-05 05:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've gotten 2 so far, mostly from picking a zone and sticking to it until I see the message that one has been found there or I find it myself. Obscure zones such as the jungles shouldn't be too bad for finding them though. Just hope on a choco, //fillmode, and away you go.
 Ramuh.Zaknafein
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Zaknafein 2011-04-05 05:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah need to be on when they are 1st up for grabs, and pick a zone w/o a lot of regular traffic.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-04-05 06:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

my fiance once got one on me while dualboxing us. I believe he's got it at least once before himself, maybe more, so decided to get it on me since I never had. I've felt like I could find one myself, normally I check a couple zones when they're up, usually though I'll be in one zone looking, nobody else there, someone will ask me to come help with something and I think to myself 'oh it wont be here I should just give up and try next week' several hours later I see a message that it was found in that same zone I was last in....happens to me every single week.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-05 06:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dijana said:
my fiance once got one on me while dualboxing us. I believe he's got it at least once before himself, maybe more, so decided to get it on me since I never had. I've felt like I could find one myself, normally I check a couple zones when they're up, usually though I'll be in one zone looking, nobody else there, someone will ask me to come help with something and I think to myself 'oh it wont be here I should just give up and try next week' several hours later I see a message that it was found in that same zone I was last in....happens to me every single week.
So tell everyone "*** you, I'm staying here until all the tablets are found"
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-04-05 07:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I myself have gotten 2 of them. First was total accident, while helping a friend break SAM GK for Tachi: Gekko back in the day. Stumbled upon it in Cape Terrigan by accident while looking for mobs to kill >_>.

Second was camped, I saw message and ran straight out to qufim and ran around there, then straight to behemoth's dominion. I raced a WHM there, but as a NIN with AF boots... I won! (thank god for night time >.>).

My gf and I got one for our mule to level jobs 1 > 30 by taking our char to the behemoth zone and nexusing to the zone line, since she had never been inside. We raced another guy to it, who actually ran up to it, and stood there for 15 seconds, til our char ran up and got it...

To put it simply, Behemoth's dominion (and qufim), as well as Ro'maeve are the two easiest to find them in (recommended Ro'maeve to a friend when they popped up and she got it 10 mins later) in my opinion. Run STRAIGHT to those zones as soon as you see a message for it, if you do. Bring movement speed too, via sprinter's shoes, or swift shoes, for quickening, and try for +12%, or 25% and hope its dusk > dawn or night time with AF / AF+1 respectively for NIN.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-04-05 07:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I got one, when a linkshell event was going to spawn a VNM, in the zone next to Kondshadt. First one. Saw on Chochobo. Jumped off and swooped it.

Still got first ring, 2 charges left on it.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-05 07:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I got one the 2nd and 4th week they were released. They've been increasingly hard to get since the abundance of people have been using third-party software
 Cerberus.Katsukora
Server: Cerberus
user: Katsukora
By Cerberus.Katsukora 2011-04-05 07:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've gotten two, fairly close back to back time wise. First was out in Xarcabard duoing with a friend of mine, and just happened to be leveling rng at the time. Picked it up on widescan while looking for a mob or two.

Second time was more recent. Found it out in Batillia Downs when I was doing FoV out there on my nin. Ran right by it as I was coming back towards the hills adjacent to the first entrance of Eldieme.

Got the ring both times, unfortunately never used my first one so had to toss it out before the moogle could give it to me, :P As for secondary rewards, got something crappy the first time, 2nd gave me the Argent Coat, and I play a Mithra. That had to be the worst thing ever to get, gonna have to level the mule I threw it on just to be able to wear the damn thing, haha.
By Inuyashasama 2011-04-05 11:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Heres Praying I can find my first :)
 Ramuh.Leif
Server: Ramuh
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-04-05 11:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katsukora said:
2nd gave me the Argent Coat, and I play a Mithra. That had to be the worst thing ever to get, gonna have to level the mule I threw it on just to be able to wear the damn thing, haha.
Similar thing happened to me, I got an Opaline Dress for my... Hume M.

I ended up selling it, but you just made me remember, I have to do an Opaline Dress for male characters mod!
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-04-05 11:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had 3, back around when it was newish. The time I spent waiting for the window I could've just made the bonus XP it gave me lol.

This was back when you couldn't see them on Chocobos though, unless you were using Apradar, even then stumbling over one was pure luck however.
 Valefor.Abeo
user: Vabeo
By Valefor.Abeo 2011-04-05 12:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Mog_Tablet

I have found twenty, maybe thirty tablets since they have been introduced. If you approach it like NM camping, while tedious, finding one is not very difficult. A couple of tips:

1. YOU CAN SEE MOG-TABLETS ON WIDESCAN, USE IT.
Capped and bolded for emphasis. It is a common misconception that the tablets cannot be scanned for. This is false. While you do need to come within their radius for them to "appear" in the zone and therefor on widescan, it's a pretty big radius and it is extremely helpful to have. It will always appear at the very bottom of the scan, just above any NPC's or field manuals, and you will see it as "Mog-Tablet" there (note the hyphen that appears on widescan as well as on the physical tablet). Hop on a chocobo if you opt to search in a larger zone and ride around, running widescan every few seconds.

2. Know when the tablets will be available.
Indeed, this isn't always possible. A good way to gauge if the tablets will be out is if you don't see the kupopowers system message when you log in/zone into applicable areas. When the message comes up saying you feel your powers slip away, 8-24 hours from that moment is when they will be visible. Also if you know when the final tablet was recovered from the week before, just add a week to that time exactly, and then do the 8-24 hour thing. Perhaps ask friends if they have any idea when the tabs "disappeared" last, couldn't hurt.

3. Know what you are looking for.
The appearance of the tablets themselves have changed once or twice (can't recall for sure, sorry) since their implementation. They used to be a mere sparkle with no name indication above. It has since been made easier to see them at a distance as the words "Mog-Tablet" now appears above the sparkle in green text. I apologize for not having personal pictures, but there is a picture of one in the marshlands if you click the link at the top of this post. That is currently what they look like. Also probably goes without saying, but make sure you are in a zone where tabs actually spawn. The link above provides a list of all of them.

4. Pick a smaller, less popular zone.
Behemoth's Dominion and Valley of Sorrows are the two I'm referring to. There are only two spawn points of tablets in those zones, making them very easy to locate. If a land king is not due, you often won't find any traffic in those areas, either. Wiki has a list of tablet locations under the Mog-Tablet category. While I have found a rare few in bigger zones that were not yet documented, there have been plenty on that page that I can confirm are accurate.

It is worth mentioning that I play on 360 and hence do not have use to any tools that would make this easier. Not bashing tool users at all, just stating it's certainly possible to find these without any program assistance.

The Wiki page also states that multiple tabs can be found in one zone, but this is inaccurate. My guess is people saw the system message twice announcing a tablet was found; once while in the actual zone it was located, and then again once they had left the zone and the message was displayed globally. Each zone will only have one tablet per week.

Hope this helps you at least a little, OP. Good luck.
[+]