Forum » FFXI » General » FF7 Style Battle Arena
FF7 Style Battle Arena
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-04-04 09:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If this has been posted before I apologize, I couldn't see it anywhere.

I have always liked the Battle Area in the golden saucer from FF7 and I thought I post my idea's here for input or whatever.

Firstly I was thinking of 2 party types:

Solo Event.

Would be much like the original FF7 arena where you face a mob or mobs. And after defeating you get the option of progressing to the next. You then get inflicted with a random status effect (As in the original, it could benefit or hinder your progress)

Party Event.

Much like above, but instead you face NM type mobs varying from NM`s like Valkurm Emperor to ground kings.

With a maximum of 10 encounters per event. Arena points are awarded based on how many encounters you successfully complete.

You spend points at an NPC like other Assault events and this could possibly be a second source of Alexandrite.

Not sure of what items you can obtain from this other than Alexandrite at the moment I just thought it would be a fun event to have.

I know it all sounds so much like Nyzul Isle, because in a way it kind of is, this is what I think Nyzul should have been.

Flame or approve at your leisure, I just wanted to gauge everyone's reaction.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-04-04 10:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds good to me.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-04 10:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Until this game is canceled, and people are running custom servers and making custom mods, I wouldn't expect to see anything like this...

It's a good idea, but here's the thing.. It's too simple.. SE must have meetings and are like "Okay this is a good idea, it's simple and elegant.." then someone else is like "Okay, so how can take this idea, turn it into some ridiculously complicated and convoluted..."
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-04-04 10:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The original battle arena was a simple you vs the mob situation, the further you progressed the harder the mobs got, especially if you had every negative status effect including doom.

Simple yet challenging, and fun.

I agree with what you said though Slip, that's probably why we ended up with Nyzul Isle.
By Ultimarevan 2011-04-05 05:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i agree i think Nyzul was SE's "attempt" at a battle arena. would love to see the golden saucer styled one tho ^^
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-04-05 06:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Should post the idea on the official forums too...

SE seems to latch onto weird ideas like this....

They seem to be considering some sort of skill up "gym" somebody suggested.