Forum » FFXI » General » i need help with something
i need help with something
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2011-04-04 07:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so I got ffxi for my girlfriend and she is at the point where she is suppose to pick a server but only problem is fenrir isn't up the for her to pick any idea why and it wouldn't let me by a gold world pass for some reason any tips... thanks fors the help in advance and if anything is spelled wrong sorry im using my droid and words don't show up for like 30 extra seconds
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2011-04-04 07:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess no one is on the forums at the monet
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-04-04 07:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My only suggestion is to look at the world merge info... I forget if Fenrir is merging with another server or not. That's the only explanation I could think of.
 Bismarck.Mikheli
Server: Bismarck
user: mikheli
By Bismarck.Mikheli 2011-04-04 07:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think because of the upcoming merge they stop character creation on those servers going through the merge :3
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2011-04-04 07:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn is merging with fenrir but I thought of that but there were other servers on the list she could pick from that are also merging
 Unicorn.Kaomii
Server: Unicorn
user: Kaomii
By Unicorn.Kaomii 2011-04-04 07:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Unicorn is merging with Fenrir, so creating new toons on either server is locked currently. I've been trying to find an official FFXI link to post as well, but strangely can't find one. ><
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-04-04 07:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I got nothing then... sorry guy.
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2011-04-04 07:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

When is the merge going to take place sometime this month?
 Unicorn.Kaomii
By Unicorn.Kaomii 2011-04-04 07:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The vague answer they have is that the merge will happen with the next major version update, but they haven't given a specific date yet. You should actually see this message when you login to FFXI (is it /sysmes ?)
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2011-04-04 07:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

they havent re announced a date:/ i think that said ~April-May

Edit: I tried to find where I saw this april to may thing, but i can't so maybe im just @.@...
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2011-04-04 07:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I have seen that sysmes but still they shouldn't have that ***down for new characters even if the merge will be soon say it isn't done till may that means her free one month will be used already and she wont even be able to play and I will be damned if I will pay 25 to do a world transfer... its broken lol
 Unicorn.Kaomii
By Unicorn.Kaomii 2011-04-04 08:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is when the world merge was first announced. Notice the date was set as March 16th.

The next day, they disabled the ability to create new toons on the transfer and destination worlds to prevent people from registering names on the destination world of people coming from the transferring world. I believe with the previous merge, some people created toon names and asked transferees for large sums of gil in order to keep their name.

And here is when SE decided to merge worlds at the same time as their next major version update, rather than have the servers down at two separate times. This was all before the earthquake, of course, so the entire update was pushed further ahead in time. They still have yet to give us an actual date, however.
[+]