By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-02 07:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-04-02 07:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There have been several threads about religion, couldn't you have bumped one of those?
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-04-02 07:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

All religions are just idiotic cult followers swallowing up the *** that has been passed down and been force fed to them.

Atheism ftw?
[+]
 Siren.Shadee
Server: Siren
user: shadee
By Siren.Shadee 2011-04-02 07:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously how many more days of this do you guys really need...

Religion is "faith" based.. not so much logic based. You can go ahead and spin that as much as you want, but you get the same result.

Maybe you shouldn't worry too much about what others believe in and try to live your own life in peace.
[+]
 Phoenix.Vael
Server: Phoenix
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-04-02 07:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually somewhere in the Bible (either Old Testament or Revelation, more likely the latter) it specifically states the numbers of people from each tribe (descendants of one of Abraham or Joseph or some other important Jew's 12 sons) of Hebrew people (read: not anyone who has chosen to convert to any Jewish/Christian religion) that are going to be 'saved'.

The popular Christian idea is that those who accept Jesus will be saved. If you didn't already know, the New Testament corrects a lot of the Old, and Revelation is generally ignored by most Christians, especially when it's read anywhere near literally. Either way, according to itself God has already selected the hundreds of thousands that will be saved when Jesus comes again, and we are not it.

At any rate, stupid threads about what the Bible says are stupid, no matter on what forum, and makes me think that the people who post them have very little understanding of anything. Why? Because whatever drove you to question the Bible (Catholic school, church, being accosted by Mormons, etc) isn't even worth your time. They are a minority, most everyone in this generation have chosen not to bother with the mythology that they know is the Bible. In a few years, it'll be the same as questioning the Norse's view on Ragnarok.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-02 08:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay now I'm lost.. At first you sound like a strong opponent of religion, but your last post seems like you are deeply religious namely "i Cant give up on careing About mankind and i try to give peace to be at peace" is eerily reminiscent of something a Christian who is always trying to convert every one to their religion would say..

That said, not worrying about what someone else is doing is not the absence of caring about mankind. You can't help everyone, you can't save everyone, even from themselves. People will be who they want to be, so as long as it's not directly encroaching on you, let them be who they are.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-04-02 08:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
All religions are just idiotic cult followers swallowing up the *** that has been passed down and been force fed to them.

Atheism ftw?
Completely untrue and ignorant statement...
[+]
 Ramuh.Botsan
Server: Ramuh
user: Botsan
By Ramuh.Botsan 2011-04-02 08:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Atheism ftw?

Great post, Atheism is right up there with the rest of them beliefs. When you get down to it, that's all we got really..passing on b/s that has been force fed to us. Blame it on the parents!

Edit: Oh, and don't have kids yourself. That's the only way to stop all the b/s floating about.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-04-02 08:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how people act like religion is the only reason or biggest reason that people get hurt or killed today lol... I don't know why everyone has a bone to pick with it but your just as bad as the fanatics with your downright dismissiveness of those that believe. Just because you believe in God doesn't make you some kind of crazy person out to convert everyone and condemn them to hell for not believing the same.

Should we talk about money now? people get killed and hurt over money all the time these days and all the time in the past too...
[+]
 Ramuh.Botsan
By Ramuh.Botsan 2011-04-02 08:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

refreshtwo said:
Yes Vael that Is True 110% threads about what the Bible says are stupid it'll is the same as questioning the Norse's view on Ragnarok. it true that Bible.etc "Books of religion" still gets people killed Today and and lowers mankind to a barbaric level. it pain full to see people to get killed over and over for no Reason as a Secular Humanism it makes me sick

Yeah, a bit like playing FF really. running around killing stuff for no particular reason. My friend was deeply traumatized to see my gleeful expression whilst mashing up wabbits with my whacking stick.
 Ramuh.Botsan
By Ramuh.Botsan 2011-04-02 08:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Should we talk about money now? people get killed and hurt over money all the time these days and all the time in the past too...

Good point. I'll wager a few people may have gone missing over FF at some point too.
 Ramuh.Botsan
By Ramuh.Botsan 2011-04-02 08:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

refreshtwo said:
Quote:
Great post, Atheism is right up there with the rest of them beliefs. When you get down to it, that's all we got really..passing on b/s that has been force fed to us. Blame it on the parents!

All Are born atheists "aka human" till The religions are fed to that person
refreshtwo said:
Quote:

All Are born atheists "aka human" till The religions are fed to that person

The joke is that saying you don't believe anything is just another form of belief. Just because some people have beliefs doesn't mean they are devoid of critical thinking skills.

It's not religions per se that are fed to us, but ideas. The ideas of atheism, anti-religious beliefs, or what my dad says is true so you'd better believe it are all different forms of B/S we are fed. We can't escape B/S but we can think for ourselves, as individuals.

Beware the Jabberwocky!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-02 08:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Botsan said:

Atheism ftw?

Oh, and don't have kids yourself. That's the only way to stop all the b/s floating about.
Actually it's not, I'm Agnostic, leaning towards Atheist (I freely admit there's no way I could know whether a God does exist, which is Agnostic, but I very, very seriously doubt it) but I will let my son choose for himself what to follow. You don't have to not have kids to stop force feeding them beliefs. Believe it or not, people are capable of deciding on their own what makes the most sense to them. He may be impressionable now, but so was I, I was raised by a full blown Christian, I was a Christian until, as George Carlin puts it "I reached the age of reason", furthermore...
Carlin said:
But I want you to know something, this is sincere, I want you to know, when it comes to believing in God, I really tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is *** up.

But I'm not now, why? Not to rebel against my Christian guardians, not because an Atheist shoved their ***down my throat.. But because there were too many inconsistencies and the entire thing just didn't make sense.. What do scientists do when a theory just doesn't make any sense? They throw it, wipe the slate clean... That's just what I did.
[+]
 Siren.Shadee
Server: Siren
user: shadee
By Siren.Shadee 2011-04-02 08:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

refreshtwo said:
Quote:

You Sort of need Money To Eat/get people to work So it a Evil that Has to Be with this set up

If not, then your probably one of the most ignorant people I've ever met.

No, in a perfect world you wouldn't need money.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-04-02 08:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

refreshtwo said:
Quote:

You Sort of need Money To Eat/get people to work So it a Evil that Has to Be with this set up
So since its a necessity its ok if people die because someone else got greedy? or because someone hired someone to kill another person?

What about power/land/resources? All the wars that have been waged simply for conquest or expansion or wealth of resources. Does it make it alright for those people to be dead now? People, lots of people have died for many reasons over the years and wars have been waged for many different reasons other than religion. I'm not really a history buff or anything so correct me if im wrong why did the last major wars begin?

I'm not really sure if most of the people that are disgusted with religion have been traumatized by it or had a bad experience or something but I find it just amazing that you can be as dismissive as you claim these people are when you just lay blanket judgments on people...

Edit: Don't get me wrong some terrible things have been done in the name of religion, some sanctioned some not. I myself choose to believe that God exists but I also don't believe in following any sort of church. There are some fanatics out there just look at the issue with the Muslim faith these days. It inspires some to take drastic action to fulfill their beliefs at least thats what we are told..... but the majority does not feel that way and should not be subjugated to that belief. You take a small sample of people and judge them right off without even giving them a chance.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-02 08:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

refreshtwo said:
If you have Christian telling your kid this in the odds are he end just going with it till Christian has 100% run and weed out Humans

Are you just drunk, I'm having a very difficult time making heads or tails of what you're saying. Your thoughts seem off the wall and scrambled.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-04-02 08:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

refreshtwo said:
Quote:
But I'm not now, why? Not to rebel against my Christian guardians, not because an Atheist shoved their ***down my throat.. But because there were too many inconsistencies and the entire thing just didn't make sense.. What do scientists do when a theory just doesn't make any sense? They throw it, wipe the slate clean... That's just what I did.

Ya about the same were too many inconsistencies and the entire thing just didn't make sense

What do scientists do when a theory just doesn't make any sense? They throw it, wipe the slate clean... That's just what religions that have hate have to do

If you have Christian telling your kid this in the odds are he end just going with it till Christian has 100% run and weed out Humans

Do you even know any christians? My parents are Catholic and I strayed from the church. I've talked to them about it before and they tell me to go where my heart and beliefs lead me... then they tell me they love me and we go on with our lives as we would...
 Ramuh.Botsan
By Ramuh.Botsan 2011-04-02 08:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Philip Larkin - This Be The Verse

They firk you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were firked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don't have any kids yourself

Yo to the man! Rude bits edited.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-04-02 08:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Botsan said:
Philip Larkin - This Be The Verse

They firk you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were firked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don't have any kids yourself

Yo to the man! Rude bits edited.

Idk maybe its just me but my parents did right by me and without them I'd be in a far darker place.
 Ramuh.Botsan
By Ramuh.Botsan 2011-04-02 08:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

refreshtwo said:
Quote:
So since its a necessity its ok if people die because someone else got greedy? or because someone hired someone to kill another person?

What about power/land/resources? All the wars that have been waged simply for conquest or expansion or wealth of resources. Does it make it alright for those people to be dead now? People, lots of people have died for many reasons over the years and wars have been waged for many different reasons other than religion. I'm not really a history buff or anything so correct me if im wrong why did the las major wars begin?

I'm not really sure if most of the people that are disgusted with religion have been traumatized by it or had a bad experience or something but I find it just amazing that you can be as dismissive as you claim these people are when you just lay blanket judgments on people...

Greed is a part of being human
You Sort of need Money To Eat/get people to work So it a Evil that Has to Be with this set up If we had No end of supplys there be no supply and demand and no money or Greed

Who sold you that idea, that greed is part of being human?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-04-02 08:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

refreshtwo said:
Quote:

What about power/land/resources? All the wars that have been waged simply for conquest or expansion or wealth of resources. Does it make it alright for those people to be dead now? People, lots of people have died for many reasons over the years and wars have been waged for many different reasons other than religion. I'm not really a history buff or anything so correct me if im wrong why did the las major wars begin?

Greed is a part of being human
You Sort of need Money To Eat/get people to work So it a Evil that Has to Be with this set up If we had No end of supplys there be no supply and demand and no money or Greed
Having a belief in something is part of being a human being... whether it be belief in the person next to you... science... faith based religions... in yourself.... etc.
I honestly don't understand how you can condone something just because you think its a necessity but when it comes to religion you outright call it evil and dismiss it..

Edit: Greed does not have to be a part of being a human being...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7