What Do You Do When....

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do you do when....
What do you do when....
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-04-02 06:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Camping boring *** NMs for your trials? Currency sitting my *** in SSG with a beastin PLD with excal/aegis. I feel somewhat small next to him.
Anyway, I need entertainment during the window times. What do you guys do and can you suggest anything for me to do? :D
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-04-02 06:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Reply to dumb forum threads on FFXIAH? :P
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-04-02 06:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

XD There is that. haha. :P But sometimes they get so dumb it hurts :O So i try to avoid them :( Like that what colour is brown? Thread... /shudder.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-04-02 06:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Camping boring *** NMs for your trials? Currency sitting my *** in SSG with a beastin PLD with excal/aegis. I feel somewhat small next to him.
Anyway, I need entertainment during the window times. What do you guys do and can you suggest anything for me to do? :D

Ask them how they feel about Pld being useless pre and post abyssea. Should liven things up. Unless they have already come to terms with it.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-02 06:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Never camped NM for trials, but I often ended up standing around doing nothing in the game, like waiting on everyone to gather to enter Dynamis, or even PHs for a regular NM to repop..

I played something else, on my PS3.. Mostly Battlefield: Bad Company 2, I was always after the NMs no one ever worried about so I didn't have to pay much attention, just put my char on auto-attack and look over every now and then to make sure I'm not fixing to die. Other than that, I just played BF.. I got pretty good at juggling attacking a new PH and making shots (when playing as sniper) or deaths (when playing as a front line class). I learned to do both at the same time extremely efficiently.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-04-02 07:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

http://apps.facebook.com/plumett/?mode=Leaderboard&session={%22session_key%22%3A%222.nfNXODaIx3f8VniukHmtZA__.3600.1301752800-515648761%22%2C%22uid%22%3A%22515648761%22%2C%22expires%22%3A1301752800%2C%22secret%22%3A%22A7cmMbDaeg5NwphfAEXVHg__%22%2C%22access_token%22%3A%22107452395980441|2.nfNXODaIx3f8VniukHmtZA__.3600.1301752800-515648761|cRiui16Q45ewqyKnc-dN4SioaYg%22%2C%22sig%22%3A%22c68623264fcfc04669ba921c38ed992a%22}
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-04-02 07:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on my mood, I'll do any number of things while camping NMs:

- I listen to podcasts. My favorites are NPR's Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me! and the BBC's In Our Time.

- I love browsing news aggregate sites like Fark and Reddit.

- I sometimes kill time on Youtube.

- I'll read (actual books!) or play my bass.

- Or my favorite option: go AFK! (if I know the pop window isn't open)
 Quetzalcoatl.Roark
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Roark 2011-04-02 07:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

watch these
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-04-02 09:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually do one of these:
- Lurk/post on forums
- Watch anime
- Play my guitar
- Chat with whoever is on msn
- And well...you know that other option already... xD
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-04-02 09:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I made new gifs o.o

Bismarck.Cerelyn
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-04-02 09:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

nice!
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-04-02 09:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to decide what else i can make him do. Someone said bungie jumping and obtaining Gungnir -_- lol
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-02 09:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Trying to decide what else i can make him do. Someone said bungie jumping and obtaining Gungnir -_- lol
Blow up Rebecca Black. That would make him my superhero anyways..
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-04-02 13:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If I was a good girl, I'd do homework in between trials. But mostly I get distracted, watch TV, goof off on the forums, play with the puppy, water the plants. Anything BUT homework, honestly.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-04-02 13:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
If I was a good girl, I'd do homework in between trials. But mostly I get distracted, watch TV, goof off on the forums, play with the puppy, water the plants. Anything BUT homework, honestly.

we should start a study group

we'll be able to lie to ourselves about doing homework and then do nothing of the sort twice as effectively!
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-04-02 13:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Odin.Liela said:

we'll be able to lie to ourselves about doing homework and then do nothing of the sort twice as effectively!

YES! I'll the bring rum and cookies! :D
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-04-02 13:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohh I wanna join too! :D
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-02 13:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Odin.Liela said:

Can I join even though I have no homework?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-02 13:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Odin.Liela said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Odin.Liela said:
we should start a study group we'll be able to lie to ourselves about doing homework and then do nothing of the sort twice as effectively!
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-04-02 13:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Odin.Liela said:

well since we won't actually be DOING any homework i'm sure it'll be just as effective

just come saying you are going to do something you've been putting off for a while
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-04-02 13:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone can join with a small entry fee of 1 chocolate bar for me and 1 beer for Sevourn. ^^
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-02 13:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
Everyone can join with a small entry fee of 1 chocolate bar for me and 1 beer for Sevourn. ^^
Okay I'll bring you bitter baker's chocolate and I'll bring Sev a Steel Reserve.
By Kikorimo 2011-04-02 16:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Never camped NM for trials, but I often ended up standing around doing nothing in the game, like waiting on everyone to gather to enter Dynamis, or even PHs for a regular NM to repop..

I played something else, on my PS3.. Mostly Battlefield: Bad Company 2, I was always after the NMs no one ever worried about so I didn't have to pay much attention, just put my char on auto-attack and look over every now and then to make sure I'm not fixing to die. Other than that, I just played BF.. I got pretty good at juggling attacking a new PH and making shots (when playing as sniper) or deaths (when playing as a front line class). I learned to do both at the same time extremely efficiently.

yar that game kinda fun. I like how you actually have to figure in bullet drop and lead time while sniping in that game compared to a lot of other FPS. :)
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-02 16:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Kikorimo said:

yar that game kinda fun. I like how you actually have to figure in bullet drop and lead time while sniping in that game compared to a lot of other FPS. :)

I'm a deadly sniper.. I can nail your *** with a head shot while you're running perpendicular to me at 300m + away. A lot of people have trouble factoring in everything you have to factor in with long range sniper shots in that game, but it comes natural to me.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-04-02 17:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a deadly sniper.. I can nail your *** with a head shot while you're running perpendicular to me at 300m + away.
that ***'s fitting
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-02 17:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol.. I'm still waiting for Musketeer on FFXIV =/

But yeah, the reason I liked that as an avatar probably has a lot to do with the fact that FPS is by far my favorite genre when it comes to games.
 Unicorn.Kaomii
Server: Unicorn
user: Kaomii
By Unicorn.Kaomii 2011-04-02 21:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread title reminds me of...

[+]
 Fenrir.Acebeast
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Acebeast 2011-04-02 21:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cerelyn said:
Reply to dumb forum threads on FFXIAH? :P
I agree, Thats what i do.
By Kikorimo 2011-04-02 22:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a deadly sniper.. I can nail your *** with a head shot while you're running perpendicular to me at 300m + away. A lot of people have trouble factoring in everything you have to factor in with long range sniper shots in that game, but it comes natural to me.
What I find screwed up is I seem to get more headshots from long range than I ever do from close enough that I don't have to aim way up just to hit... <_< It's been a while since I played that one tho, my meh-ish skills are probably rusty by now.