So I Tried To Solo JoFaith As BST...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » So I tried to solo JoFaith as BST...
So I tried to solo JoFaith as BST...
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-04-01 15:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought I remember reading somewhere about BST solo'ing Faith with Yuly and it wasn't too bad. I just can't seem to do it. I was expecting Yuly to resist more spells. But a lot of spells still hit for at least 1/4 of his life, some like Stone IV and Quake II take 1/2 his life. Using a Zeta every time reward was ready I just couldn't keep up...2 spells that don't get resisted between rewards really sucks lol. My second Yuly died with 1 min left on Call Beast. Any Tips?
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-01 15:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I successfully did it first time and it wasn't too difficult. Start the fight out with your CB timer cooled down. Make sure you have a decent reward set. 5/5 reward merits help. Spam reward everytime the timer is up.

During Manafont I'd heel it just to save it from eating that damage. Since during Manafont spells cannot be interrupted and it likes to spam magic.

I went through one full DY, and JoF was probably ~40% HP when the second one was put on it.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-04-01 15:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Put up your gear, it'll help people *** the situation.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-04-01 15:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, mine has never lasted that long. Do you have MDB for your pet or something? My first one seems to die around 75%. I start with CB low enough that it won't be a problem. It just seems like it's spells do full damage 90% of the time. An unresisted Stonega III and Stone IV in between rewards is like 70% of Yuly's life D:.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-04-01 15:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Didnt fight it on an earthday did you?
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-01 15:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 5/5 BA and Relic Hands. Not sure if that helps Dipper or not. Also I have the MKE Hat with -10% damage taken. I doubt that would be enough to make mine last that much longer than yours. How is your reward setup? My guess is this is where the problem is.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-04-01 15:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet PDT -10% Axes/Empty/Astrolabe
AF3+1/AF3 Neck/Suppa/Brutal
AF3+1 Body/Dusk/Toreador's/Rajas
Aethling/Twilight/AF3+1 Legs/Perle

Relic Gloves for Call Beast+
Ogre Gloves and Relic Feet for Reward +30%

Merits are, Reward and Call Beast Timers 5/5. Reward's Regen Effect 5/5 and Beast Affinity 5/5
 Cerberus.Baleoce
user: Baleoce
By Cerberus.Baleoce 2011-04-01 16:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Would definitely suggest going for both a Moogle Head with Pet: Damage Taken -10% / Haste +5 and Shepherd's Chain (Pet: Damage Taken -2%). Could get a Selemnus Belt as well for MDT-3% as well. That's 12% of pure damage right there and 15% MDT in effect. As for axes, I haven't actually bothered making any for pet MDB yet.

Are you using the Khimaira Bonnet for Reward Recast? That timer down really helps on that fight, I'd consider it a permanent fixture. Always helps if you can time using reward when a spell isn't about to go off too, don't wanna get hit without that pet: MDT gear on, seen as thats where most of the damage taken comes from, Dipper hardly gets touched physically in that fight. Hope this helps a bit. Most of the above gear is quite easy to camp/get, Moogle head is just a day of work if you haven't started also.

Wouldn't usually suggest "get x, y in order to get z piece", but in terms of this NM it would help you out a lot.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-01 16:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what else to tell you. From your gear you should be decently setup to do this. Try kiting during Manafont and see if that helps?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-04-01 16:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You need a better pet enhancement set. Most your gear is for you.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-04-01 16:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/17862/dipper-jailer-of-faith#1085615

Here's the post about solo'ing it
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-04-02 12:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the advice ^^. BST isn't my main job by far, so I don't have all these big sets for everything. I'mma try again today, I bought 2 Zoraal Ja's Axes and had a Khimaira bonnet made for Reward. Will try with these upgrades and then add more if needed. I'm hoping the 15 seconds off reward + 20% more HP healed will make Yuly last until CB is ready. Still going to try with Zeta and if I still can't do it, I'll change to Eta.
 Ramuh.Drkmajik
Server: Ramuh
user: krunkj05
By Ramuh.Drkmajik 2011-04-03 11:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ah I sent you some messages Bojack for advice, best one I can give is look at Xoraken's reward setup and match what he uses +MND is best, i've been meriting MND for that reason to get the maximum a Hume can
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-04-07 09:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I know ^^ The advice was good :), I appreciate it :P. I just don't think I'll buy a whole MND set. I don't play BST often, it was just something I wanted to try doing.

Lost again though (with 2 Zoraal Ja and Bonnet). He still ended up killing my pet from full life in less than 1 minute while I had about 1 minute left on Call Beast. Manafont didn't help lol. People suggest kiting it then, but that square room is quite small, wouldn't his spells still reach my lady bug across the hole? Not to mention my pet would be near me so Stonega III would probably end up almost killing me.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-07 09:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
People suggest kiting it then, but that square room is quite small, wouldn't his spells still reach my lady bug across the hole? Not to mention my pet would be near me so Stonega III would probably end up almost killing me.

No, enemy mobs can cast if you are within 30.0 yalms away from them. If you are 30.1 yalms away they spell wont go off. The room is big enough to be outside of its casting range.

During manafont it will start casting like 3-5 seconds after its last spell has gone off. It favors Quake II and Stonega III during this phase, both of which you should be able to outrun.

Also, if you are standing max JA distance away from your pet (~17.0 yalms), when you use heel start running over 30.0 yalms away from JoF and that should keep you from being hit from spells targeting your pet. I've never been hit like this.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-04-07 10:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you usually start with him in the small room where you pop it so when he starts manafont you have a little more distance between you and JoF? Or just bring him into the square room right after popping?
If I could just make it past manafont in deent shape I could probably make it.

I just forsee things going wrong lol. Maybe I'll just ask a friend and we can duo SMN and BST. I dunno.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-07 10:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

When manafont goes off, heel your pet and run away, kite it temporarily. Otherwise, you're pretty dead on. Do you have a full reward gearset?
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-04-07 10:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
When manafont goes off, heel your pet and run away, kite it temporarily. Otherwise, you're pretty dead on. Do you have a full reward gearset?

Full gearset with MND? No. I have only +50% reward. Don't plan on buying a set for MND and stuff since I don't play BST regularly. Don't really have a lot of time on the game atm, I'm away from home right now for about a week-ish.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-07 10:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pop, put your pet on it, run far away into the room then heel so both your pet and JoF are in the room. When manafont goes off, heel and run to the exact opposite side of the square room from JoF.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-07 10:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kk hit me up when ur back
 Alexander.Xynthios
Server: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2011-04-07 10:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Kiting it during Manafont is almost crucial to success to be fairly honest, Quake II is a douzy of a spell and it has one shotted my Yuly's at 70% before, it is very possible to kite him during manafont but it's very hard to get out of range of Quake II when he casts it the moment it activates, with timing and practice its possible to avoid it, but mostly it will hit you.

Just as long as you're on the other side of where hes casting from at the wall in that small room it will not hit you, only Slowga will have the range to connect, Quake II, Stone IV and Stonega III will not connect, just be always on the move after each failed casting attempt to make sure you're one step ahead. He will stop casting after about 30 seconds of Manafont, usually about 5~6 casting attempts.

I was successful 8/9 times, one time, like you he just did far too much damage, never fight him on Earthsday, use Familiar at the start if you have it.

This was my pet idle setup for him:

Main/Sub: PDT-22% (2 90 axes)
Ammo: Jug pet (Never melee JoF)
Head: Anwig Salade (Augments: PDT-10% Haste+5%)
Neck: Ferine Necklace
Ear 1: Suppanomimi
Ear 2: Ferine Earring (Used also for Reward)
Body: Mirke Wardecors (Augments Pet Att/Rng. Att+15, Acc/Rng.Acc+15)
Hands: Monster Gloves (When using Call beast) or Ferine Manopolas +1 otherwise.)
Ring 1: Rajas Ring (Not like Ring gear matters for idle)
Ring 2: Heed Ring (See above)
Back: Ferine Mantle
Waist: Primal Belt
Legs: Ferine Quijotes +1 (For tanking) or Desultor Tassets (Augments: Pet Store TP/Subtle Blow+8 and Acc/Rng.Acc+7 for Pet WS or situational matters)
Feet: Ferine Ocreae (Why not...)

I had a reward build based on Reward+ and MND as well, but I can't really be bothered to post it up... 2 Zoraal Ja Axe's, Ferine Earring and Monster Gaiters are at least recommended for a good build. Also as mentioned by Baleoce you definitely would need to macro in Khim. Bonnet for reward recast, its a pretty important piece.

Luck does have a slight role in winning also, especially if both your Yuly's go down and you're left with no Call Beast, try fighting it on Windsday with Familiar up, it's not a huge guarantee but a lot of his spells should be resisted.

As for your merits, they sound pretty solid, almost what I have besides I lack a 5th Beast Healer merit in sacrifice for Feral Howl.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-04-08 19:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh. I have no luck at all. Familiar was nice. Heeled when he use Manafont. his first spell was Quake II. took off about 60% of Yuly's life. 3rd spell was Breakga, which hit me because I was just a tiny bit too close to my pet. I had 3 seconds left on reward when Breakga hit me so I couldn't heal my pet. Another Quake II shortly after killed Yuly. After getting hit 3 times and having 600hp left, Petrify wore off finally so I got another Yuly back out and just at that exact split second he started Stonega III, on me of course because it was just before I could set Yuly on JoFaith. So, dead once again. Of course he had to pick his ONLY AoE damage spell to use and not something I could block with a shadow.