Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Hopefully Coming Back
Hopefully Coming Back
By Spikex 2011-03-31 14:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So I quit the game around 2 years ago, but my friend is still playing and says there is a lot of stuff that's going on, So I have a couple questions. Can I play FFXI on my 250G PS3 slim? Cause I would rather play on my PS3 then Xbox 360.
The other question is what has really changed? I used to be a Dragoon and Red Mage, but if there totally different then I don't want to waste my time. I understand that all jobs are different now that the cap has been lifted, So I just want to know what everyone thinks before I really come back and to see if this is worth it. Miss FFXI tho :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Spikex 2011-03-31 15:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus Christ.. lol
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-03-31 15:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quoting what I said in another thread:

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
I recommend looking over this thread and doing some light reading here if you're wanting to come back prepared.

Personally, I'd glance over the Abyssea stuff and work out what I was doing as I went along (as most people I know did), with a couple of decent friends, it won't take long for you to catch up in terms of in-game know how.

The game's taken a more casual route now (NM's repop in 10~15min, several NM's are 3min ??? pops, etc) and the days of killing something a hundred times for that piece of gear are over, these NM's have respectable drop rates and methods of influencing those drop rates.

You can accomplish a lot more in a shorter time, which is perfect for people whose lives have become busier or just generally have a different schedule.