So, Where Are The Jobs?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » So, where are the jobs?
So, where are the jobs?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-31 12:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay for another U.S.A. thread!!!
LINK TO ARTICLE
So from what we've seen over the past few years is reflective to something completely different than many conservatives push year after year, that the wealthy and the corporation are going to create jobs for our country...and it's just not cutting it.

I just can't see the answer working by forcing the rich and big corporatio­ns to create jobs. Rather than that, they're using fear tactics to have a lean overworked­/underpaid workforce. It's been that way for like a decade.

We need to force our Gov'ts hand and make it so that our tax dollars won't go into bailouts or help for the big companies who only profit from it all, but provide grants and loans for people to start small businesses and be job creators. Give tax breaks and make programs so mom and pop shops can compete with Target and Walmart.

We need more small businesses­. It is the time to cut corporate tax loopholes, let them run to other countries, and open the way for new small businesses to open.
[+]
 Asura.Chuuuuu
Server: Asura
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2011-03-31 13:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

im gunna take ur jerbs!
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-31 13:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chuuuuu said:
im gunna take ur jerbs!
pfff, playing pokemon is not a job.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Server: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-31 13:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i heard that some millionaires feel like they aren't rich
[+]
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-31 13:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
i heard that some millionaires feel like they aren't rich

I lol'd.
[+]
 Asura.Chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2011-03-31 13:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Chuuuuu said:
im gunna take ur jerbs!
ok fine my mom and dad will take ur jobs :D
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-31 13:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chuuuuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Chuuuuu said:
im gunna take ur jerbs!
no they won't they live in southern california silly, nobody actually works there, it's all a ruse.
 Asura.Chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2011-03-31 13:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Chuuuuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Chuuuuu said:
im gunna take ur jerbs!
no they won't they live in southern california silly, nobody actually works there, it's all a ruse.
i wish all these bills were a ruse :3 and my dad buying my mom a new car is a ruse too ;o
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-31 13:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chuuuuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Chuuuuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Chuuuuu said:
im gunna take ur jerbs!
i wish all these bills were a ruse :3 and my dad buying my mom a new car is a ruse too ;o
yes! you are correct!
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-03-31 13:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
alot of stuff.

What date are you planning on having this all finished by?

/taps foot impatiently
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-31 13:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
alot of stuff.

What date are you planning on having this all finished by?

/taps foot impatiently
colbertpac.com
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-03-31 13:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 China
 Asura.Kosmik
user: HydroFoxx
By Asura.Kosmik 2011-03-31 13:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

get rid of free trade agreements and add high tariffs to foreign imports
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-31 13:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Mom and pop shops are terrible. They charge you more and you get less. Especially small restaurants. Their tiny *** portions are unbelievably overpriced.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-31 13:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Mom and pop shops are terrible. They charge you more and you get less. Especially small restaurants. Their tiny *** portions are unbelievably overpriced.
i'm sorry not everything fits into the 1 dollar value menu miss priss.
since they aren't hoog they can't cut costs the same way a multibillion dollar corporation can.

i think you should be less worried about quantity and more worried about quality in that respect.
Nor should you go to a restaurant to get some huge deal with huge portions lol.
Not every restaurant you go to has to have a buffet level of food provided, and if it doesn't you can pick a different place that has larger portions. the difference is that it will be actual competition at that point without excessive corporate interference, though I find restricting your perspective to fit only restaurants when you think small business is quite of the small scope IMO.

Maybe it's that way in your area, but I dunno.
I get more quality food at the mom and pop restaurants in my town for a good price than other places as well as getting better deals at local markets on produce and other things.

I know this answer won't satisfy your desire for everything to be as cheap as it can be, but if you had a real job would it even matter to you as much if you pay a few more bucks for a well-prepared cheeseburger?
[+]
 Seraph.Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-03-31 13:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kosmik said:

*** rights!! then we (Canadians) can charge you properly for our oil, water, hydro power, and lumber exports....we'll even throw in the odd case of mad cow beef for free once in a while.

I find is disgusting that as British Columbians we pay more for our power (that's generated with our power plants) than what the Californians are buying it from us for....along with our lumber, oil and w/e we send ya.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-31 13:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Get rid of Political corruption and you will see more jobs.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-31 13:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Like GE?
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-31 13:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
since they aren't hoog they can't cut costs the same way a multibillion dollar corporation can.

i think you should be less worried about quantity and more worried about quality in that respect.
Not every restaurant you go to has to have a buffet level of food provided, and if it doesn't you can pick a different place that has larger portions. the difference is that it will be actual competition at that point without excessive corporate interference, though I find restricting your perspective to fit only restaurants when you think small business is quite of the small scope IMO.

I get more quality food at the mom and pop restaurants in my town for a good price than other places as well as getting better deals at local markets on produce and other things.

I know this answer won't satisfy your desire for everything to be as cheap as it can be, but if you had a real job would it even matter to you as much if you pay a few more bucks for a well-prepared cheeseburger?

Yeah I'd rather go to a local place that is small where I get a nice sized meal that is quality, than go through a drive through.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-31 13:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Like GE?
Sure.

also people need to buy more and keep buying. More you buy, the more the demand, the more jobs are created, the more money you get.
 Asura.Kosmik
user: HydroFoxx
By Asura.Kosmik 2011-03-31 13:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Gilhaven said:
Asura.Kosmik said:

*** rights!! then we (Canadians) can charge you properly for our oil, water, hydro power, and lumber exports....we'll even throw in the odd case of mad cow beef for free once in a while.

I find is disgusting that as British Columbians we pay more for our power (that's generated with our power plants) than what the Californians are buying it from us for....along with our lumber, oil and w/e we send ya.

lol for sure
then maybe we'll drill our own oil.
My city used to be one of the leading steel producers in the world until unbalanced trade agreements, greedy union leaders, and environmental nut jobs drove them out of the country.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-31 13:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Like GE?
Sure.

also people need to buy more and keep buying. More you buy, the more the demand, the more jobs are created, the more money you get.
but when you buy more buy more from small businesses is another tidbit to add on.
and if there is a small business you don't like(for ex. whatever tiger was referring to)...bottom line don't give them money and go somewhere else, it's not like there's only 1 type of small business in the world unlike some make it seem.
hell i work for a small business and we've been getting pushed out of a lot of things in the past few years due to our customers going to larger corporations that provide technical service from india and else-where for pennies on the dollar, and they provide poorer service overall to boot! but cheaper>quality service once the price is right.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-03-31 13:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Yeah I'd rather go to a local place that is small where I get a nice sized meal that is quality, than go through a drive through.

Mom and Pop stores have their place...and I dont mind supporting the local economy if it's something I need asap. The only time I wont support them or the local economy is when they dont have what I need or they decide to charge me horrific markups. An example of this is when I needed a HDMI cable for my new bluray (never had HDMI before so wasnt sure what i needed)...anyway..the local Audio/Video store had a 6' Monster Gold plated (yaddayaddayadda) cable that retailed for about $200.00...I literally laughed at the guy on the phone, hung up and looked online and found one on Ebay for $80. That alone was a $120 mark up. Then I found monoprice.com and got 2 6ft cables for $25. So in cases like that the local econ can suck my bag.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-03-31 13:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kosmik said:
Seraph.Gilhaven said:
Asura.Kosmik said:

lol for sure
then maybe we'll drill our own oil.
My city used to be one of the leading steel producers in the world until unbalanced trade agreements, greedy union leaders, and environmental nut jobs drove them out of the country.

Dont get me started on oil lol. Alberta has one of the largest oil sand deposits in the world and here we are buying foreign oil...WTF?! And to add insult to injury the largest pipeline in canada goes straight south from Ft. MacMurray across the line into montana.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-31 13:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Gilhaven said:
Mom and Pop stores have their place...and I dont mind supporting the local economy if it's something I need asap. The only time I wont support them or the local economy is when they dont have what I need or they decide to charge me horrific markups. An example of this is when I needed a HDMI cable for my new bluray (never had HDMI before so wasnt sure what i needed)...anyway..the local Audio/Video store had a 6' Monster Gold plated (yaddayaddayadda) cable that retailed for about $200.00...I literally laughed at the guy on the phone, hung up and looked online and found one on Ebay for $80. That alone was a $120 mark up. Then I found monoprice.com and got 2 6ft cables for $25. So in cases like that the local econ can suck my bag.
I think if they put more thought into it and realized that is what happens stuff would change.
It just makes me want to start up an electronics store here at my work so we can start diversifying our bonds yo.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-03-31 13:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i can't stress enough the pure awesomeness that is monoprice.com i get ecstatic when i'm able to tell new people about it
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-31 13:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Vinvv

there's yer jobs =D
[+]
 Seraph.Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-03-31 13:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
i can't stress enough the pure awesomeness that is monoprice.com

I honestly cant believe how cheap ***is on their site. Stereo cables from like .67 cents.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-03-31 13:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Every company I know personally in the tech sector is desperate for workers. I've personally had anywhere from 4-11 six-figure, full-benefit positions open for months now. It's the same for everyone I talk to in this area or industry.

The problem is, we can't find qualified people. I'm pretty desperate at this point. I'm not being choosy. They just aren't out there, or aren't applying.

Most of the 9.7% unemployed don't have the technical skills in science and mathematics for next-generation jobs, and the positions they used to work in have all moved overseas or been replaced by automation. The unemployment rate among college grads is well under 4-5%, and even lower in specialized work like science, technology, and the health industry.

I worry for the future, because the answer many politicians seem to have is to cut funding for the education necessary to fill these current and future positions, or are exploiting cultural wedge issues to drive people away from the learning opportunities that are there.
By Wombat 2011-03-31 13:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Every company I know personally in the tech sector is desperate for workers. I've personally had anywhere from 4-11 six-figure, full-benefit positions open for months now. It's the same for everyone I talk to in this area or industry.
Lemme know if any of those six-figure jobs open up for a writer/editor o.O
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8