Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Finishing Relic need loan
Finishing Relic need loan
 Sylph.Brysky
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: brysky
By Sylph.Brysky 2011-03-31 12:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, finishing relic, have fragment already and 70 100 Bynes, got someone who will loan me 16, so need 14 more if anyone has or knows someone who does please send me a tell in game. thank you
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyofooyo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyofooyo
By Carbuncle.Kyofooyo 2011-03-31 12:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

lol what?

EDIT: I should clarify my seemingly troll-like post. why should anyone want to risk that you won't pay them back? why aren't you willing just to farm them or buy them yourself?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-31 12:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-03-31 12:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kyofooyo said:
lol what?

EDIT: I should clarify my seemingly troll-like post. why should anyone want to risk that you won't pay them back? why aren't you willing just to farm them or buy them yourself?

The idea is to borrow someone's 100 bills and after the relic is completed, they return the bills they used with the 30ish they receive after completing the relic quest. In essence, you don't need to farm the full 100 if you can find people willing to help you out with the last 30 or so.
[+]
 Sylph.Merow
user: geefresh
By Sylph.Merow 2011-03-31 12:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

While this may seem like such an outrageous concept for most of you guys, this kind of thing used to happen all the time a couple years ago. Good linkshells or people used to loan people close to finishing relics because it would help them accomplish something they had usually been working on for a long time. Taking some kind of collateral to cover the loan is usually how it works but if the person was trustworthy enough sometimes they would just get the loan and pay them back when they finish. If I had the bills I'd let you borrow them but sadly I don't but a guy in our ls is almost done with his mandau so I can see if he has them and will let you borrow them. Also, good luck with this.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-03-31 12:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also make a verbal agreement and report it to a GM. If said player does not return the currency, the GM will force it back.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-03-31 12:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
lol what?

Because it's a waste of time? You get 30 of them back when the relic is finished, so why would you waste your time farming them if you can just borrow them and be done with it lol? That's what I did for my annihilator.
[+]
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2011-03-31 13:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Merow said:
While this may seem like such an outrageous concept for most of you guys, this kind of thing used to happen all the time a couple years ago. Good linkshells or people used to loan people close to finishing relics because it would help them accomplish something they had usually been working on for a long time. Taking some kind of collateral to cover the loan is usually how it works but if the person was trustworthy enough sometimes they would just get the loan and pay them back when they finish. If I had the bills I'd let you borrow them but sadly I don't but a guy in our ls is almost done with his mandau so I can see if he has them and will let you borrow them. Also, good luck with this.

Thanks for lookin' out Merow. After Bry finishes we finishin my Amano 8D!!! wooo!

So yeah they should make server forums locked to everyone not from that server.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alukat
Server: Bahamut
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-03-31 13:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kyofooyo said:
lol what?

30 100 byne bills = 21M
why farm if u can borrow?
did this for my mandau ^^
[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-03-31 13:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe if he offered collateral or something .. kclub.. or ummm.. anything else worth a lot right now?
 Sylph.Merow
By Sylph.Merow 2011-03-31 13:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

People just don't understand this because you can't borrow empyrean pieces. Also you can't exactly just go out and farm 30 100 byne bills >.> You could be sitting on 100 mil and still not be able to find 3,000 byne bills so borrowing them is still a nice way to finish.
[+]
 Sylph.Merow
By Sylph.Merow 2011-03-31 13:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
Maybe if he offered collateral or something .. kclub.. or ummm.. anything else worth a lot right now?

you don't exactly need collateral really because you can do verbal contracts like kimble said and GM's will honor them if they are done right. Alot of people usually sell anything worth selling too to finish the relic.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyofooyo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyofooyo
By Carbuncle.Kyofooyo 2011-03-31 13:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
You can also make a verbal agreement and report it to a GM. If said player does not return the currency, the GM will force it back.

Oh, I didn't know you could do that. Cool!

I suppose my point is that I don't see why a stranger would necessarily loan 21 million gil to another stranger without the guarantee they would ever get it back, unless there was something they would gain in return.

For instance, what would you do if you borrowed 21M worth of bills, finished your relic, then switched servers? I'm not sure if a GM could do anything that spanned servers like that (I don't know the span of their power).
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-03-31 13:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Borrowing is faster than farming. You also have the hassle of selling the extras that are returned back. I don't find a lot of dynamis shells having a bank anymore. They either have given up or someone has stolen it. Your best bet is finding someone in the process as upgrading as well. I let someone borrow some to finish when I was upgrading, and got some "reward". When I borrowed my last 30 shells, I put in a novio as collateral. The person fraps the trade.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-31 14:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said:
Borrowing is faster than farming. You also have the hassle of selling the extras that are returned back. I don't find a lot of dynamis shells having a bank anymore. They either have given up or someone has stolen it. Your best bet is finding someone in the process as upgrading as well. I let someone borrow some to finish when I was upgrading, and got some "reward". When I borrowed my last 30 shells, I put in a novio as collateral. The person fraps the trade.
fraps?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-31 14:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alukat said:
Carbuncle.Kyofooyo said:
lol what?

30 100 byne bills = 21M
why farm if u can borrow?
did this for my mandau ^^
and then you stopped playing /fail
 Sylph.Merow
By Sylph.Merow 2011-03-31 14:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It kinda sucks waiting when you are that close after working for so long on it. And it's worth a shot posting on here because maybe some one does have the loan like he said he doesnt even need the full 30 anymore so why not?
[+]
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2011-03-31 14:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah we found 16 bynes from one guy whos loaning so only need like 14 more. Hope he can finish so we can start on mine lol.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-31 15:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Man people are so uptight. Yeah technically it's a risk but it's a nice thing to do and cost you nothing since you can prove you had an agreement
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2011-03-31 15:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Man people are so uptight. Yeah technically it's a risk but it's a nice thing to do and cost you nothing since you can prove you had an agreement

Yeah relic upgraders have been doing the 30 loan since forever.
 Sylph.Biginallways
user: Biggie87
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-03-31 16:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shout out to Optimusss, Lorax and their LS for loaning me my 30 hundred bynes to finish my bravura months back. Hopefully someone will help you out soon Brysky.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-31 17:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Tulnig said:
Seriously though, you've done all that hard work to get as far as you did, why not wait for the next update? They are revamping (aby'fying) Dyna soon and you should be able to get the currency you need with greater ease.
Maybe because it might not actually be easier. Might be harder. Why wait if you don't have to? And if it becomes alot easier prices will go down making him lose significant gil on the ones he already has
 Sylph.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-03-31 17:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Tulnig said:
Seriously though, you've done all that hard work to get as far as you did, why not wait for the next update? They are revamping (aby'fying) Dyna soon and you should be able to get the currency you need with greater ease.
Maybe because it might not actually be easier. Might be harder. Why wait if you don't have to? And if it becomes alot easier prices will go down making him lose significant gil on the ones he already has

If he's borrowing all 30 bills he's not selling anything after he's done.

Bastok can be cleared by a party (or less), and you generally make back what you spend on the glass and then some.
 Sylph.Brysky
user: brysky
By Sylph.Brysky 2011-03-31 18:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got the loan, thank you Limlight for 16 and Aneubis for 14
[+]
 Sylph.Merow
By Sylph.Merow 2011-03-31 19:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

congrats!
 Sylph.Warloc
user: warloc
By Sylph.Warloc 2011-03-31 20:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, congratz!!! /cheer
 Lakshmi.Tronsy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tronsy
By Lakshmi.Tronsy 2011-03-31 20:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

congrats
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-31 20:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats man you had way better luck and less HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE comments than me >_> than again i set myself up for them .
[+]