Forum » FFXI » General » Relic/Mythic/Empyrean ws strength
Relic/Mythic/Empyrean ws strength
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-03-30 09:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Whilst driving home from work this morning, i came across the thought of the supposed ultimate weapons that are available in the game currently.

In general, the easier ones to obtain are empyrean weapons. But upcoming in the version update, Dynamis is being overhauled to be more accessible.

What i had thought of was whether or not relic weapons should be treated specially if how they will be obtained is made easier.

Even though i do own an empyrean i'm not biased either way on the strength of these weapons. But if the strength of these weapons should determined by how challenging it is to obtain them, then mythics should be the top tier weapons and should receive the most attention.

Imo balance is key but i am just curious to what the AH community has to say about this topic. I know its kinda early lol, so i may bump this later on today.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-03-30 22:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump-

talk damnit!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-03-30 22:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SE's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Relics/mythics should be #1 only because time invested is major, compared to the emp counterpart.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-30 22:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The community has the exact same thing to say. You stated the obvious. Good job?

Except for the fact that nothing works that way. It'd be odd if you haven't learned already that time spent is not a full correlation to reward earned.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-30 22:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to a conversation that has gone on for over 100+ pages on the main forums. Thank you for reiterating what people over there have done countless times now.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-03-30 22:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
The community has the exact same thing to say. You stated the obvious. Good job?

Except for the fact that nothing works that way. It'd be odd if you haven't learned already that time spent is not a full correlation to reward earned.

I take it you've only played FFXI since Abyssea came out.
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-03-30 22:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Elysien said:

Uhh.. he's right, actually. Most gear that took time (HNM/Salvage) to acquire was extremely situational at best.

Such as Ridill.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-30 22:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Even though i do own an empyrean i'm not biased either way on the strength of these weapons. But if the strength of these weapons should determined by how challenging it is to obtain them, then mythics should be the top tier weapons and should receive the most attention.

Difficulty doesn't always mean the best. If that were the case, hell, af2+2 would be a hell of a lot better than af3+2... I could go on for a while here with examples, if you really wanted me to, but you see my point.
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-03-30 22:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Tiger, your SE Forum sig is terrifying. D:
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-30 22:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Elysien said:

I take it you've never gotten any good gear either.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-30 22:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Tiger, your SE Forum sig is terrifying. D:
This one?
 Caitsith.Linear