COD BO: your fave gun setups/perks
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Leviathan.Mikeh
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Mikeh
By Leviathan.Mikeh 2011-03-29 15:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So counter-strike was a real war/firefight simulator?

I just prefered that sort of bullet damage ratio, it meant you had to have good aim/reactions/movement to just stay alive rather than some noob proning under a bus soaking all my bullets.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-29 15:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said any of them were.

Movement is far more important as you require more bullets to kill someone - you can change your position etc midfight, and cover works far more effectively.
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
Server: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2011-03-29 15:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
Bismarck.Xdudemanx said:
the thing that ruined mw2 for me was the obvious noob tubing and boosters...even though i admit to having a noob tube class when i was bored and wanted to be a ***
I have a noob tube class for when I feel like getting revenge on all the *** who noob tubed me lol
yea that or i would put on my blast shield and put on the ump and rush the ***out of them...i never used the one man army set up..usually did the scavenger noob tubing...i mean u could hold down one domination flag alone if u did it right
 Leviathan.Mikeh
By Leviathan.Mikeh 2011-03-29 15:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd much prefer to play standard mode as accidently teamkilling four people, especially when tards purposly stand under your care package or infront of your sam/sentry can get you kickbanned, but i just can't stand 5 hitmarkers to kill someone.

Also, flak jacket is ridiculous and it makes me rage :(
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-03-29 15:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Hipfiring someone across the map is a huge exaggeration <_< and I'd say it takes much less skill in non-BO because you don't have to aim as well (hi2u Stopping Power), KS stacking, etc.
I think we can just drop the whole "It's harder to kill people in Black Ops" argument. Yes, there's no Stopping Power. But the average gun in Black Ops has a much higher firing rate than in MW2. For instance, the FAMAS (A good all-around gun) shoots 937 RPM. The fastest-firing Assault Rifle in MW2 shot at I think 975 RPM. And it sucked because it shot too fast.

Average gun in MW2 shot 625 RPM. TAR-21, ACR, AK-47. That's slower, and more controllable, than any gun in Black Ops.
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-03-29 15:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xdudemanx said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:
Bismarck.Xdudemanx said:
the thing that ruined mw2 for me was the obvious noob tubing and boosters...even though i admit to having a noob tube class when i was bored and wanted to be a ***
I have a noob tube class for when I feel like getting revenge on all the *** who noob tubed me lol
yea that or i would put on my blast shield and put on the ump and rush the ***out of them...i never used the one man army set up..usually did the scavenger noob tubing...i mean u could hold down one domination flag alone if u did it right
I like to be an *** and I'll one man army/danger close noob tube on rust, if its objective I almost always get a nuke lol

As cheap as it is, I'm having fun and thats really all that matters :D
 Leviathan.Mikeh
By Leviathan.Mikeh 2011-03-29 15:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:

You should try dangerclose/scav with a javalin on rust, just watch the cry pile up when people spawn and immediatly die >:D
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-29 15:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Average gun in MW2 shot 625 RPM. TAR-21, ACR, AK-47. That's slower, and more controllable, than any gun in Black Ops.

... meaning it kills just as fast, but is easier to control with less recoil which makes it easier to kill.
 Shiva.Gylfie
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-03-29 15:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mikeh said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:

You should try dangerclose/scav with a javalin on rust, just watch the cry pile up when people spawn and immediatly die >:D
XD I will then! As soon as I get back to my dads tonight! Well, maybe not as soon as I get there..but tomorrow then!

Anyone here on the lol360 wanna play MW2 some time? <_<
 Ifrit.Daemun
Server: Ifrit
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-03-29 17:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

... meaning it kills just as fast, but is easier to control with less recoil which makes it easier to kill.
And there's no damage drop on any gun within the map, in other words if you head shot with the UMP45 from across the map, 1shot kill. GL trying to do that with the MP5k in BO.

Not complaining, I just think BO is a much more level playing field and actually makes it fun because people have to try, not just get the broken weapons and stare at a highly trafficked area.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-03-29 17:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Killstreaks: Spy Plane, Counter Spy Plane and Blackbird.

SMG
AK74u with Rapid Fire (Sometimes use Spectre).
*Hardline Pro
*Steady Aim Pro
*Marathon Pro

Assault Rifle
Galil with Extended Mag or Silencer.
*Hardline Pro
*Hardened Pro
*Marathon Pro

LMG
Stoner with Extended Mag (Sometimes use M60 with Grip).
*Scavenger Pro
*Hardened Pro (Sleight of hand if M60).
*Hacker Pro

Shotty
SPAS with Silencer
*Ghost Pro
*Steady Aim Pro
*Marathon Pro

Sniper
No one likes the Snipers.

Python/Strela-3/Crossbow as secondary (depends on mood). Lethal/Tactical/Equipment varies also.

K/D ratio: 1.74 - All time. 2.03 - This week.
 Asura.Sandolphon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-29 17:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

15 map packs with 60% recycled content is ***-rape, I agree with Ash. Anyone paying for that is a retard.
[+]
By Wafflechan 2011-03-29 17:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sandolphon said:
15 map packs with 60% recycled content is ***-rape, I agree with Ash. Anyone paying for that is a retard.
Then don't buy Abyssea. 9 recycled maps, and a tiny bit of weaponry/armor for each job, wooo 30$.

If I'm feeling like a *** on BO, I'll completely noob it up with Hardline pro and AK74, I keep the killstreaks to low ones like mortars/napalm/care package etc. When playing in objective based modes, it makes all hell break loose, the instant the enemies get near my bomb or flag.

XBLA: Lenn767
 Asura.Kosmik
user: HydroFoxx
By Asura.Kosmik 2011-03-29 18:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Silenced Commando
Ghost Pro
Slight of Hand Pro
Ninja Pro
 Caitsith.Miyavizm
Server: Caitsith
user: Miyavizm
By Caitsith.Miyavizm 2011-03-29 18:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Spas 12 Silenced
Ballistic Knife

Ghost Pro
Ninja Pro
Warlord Pro

Concussion Nade x3
Tomahawk x2
 Shiva.Ergiyios
user: Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-03-29 21:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mikeh said:

Also, flak jacket is ridiculous and it makes me rage :(

Flak Jacket pro is great that's all I use...
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-29 21:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Then don't buy Abyssea. 9 recycled maps, and a tiny bit of weaponry/armor for each job, wooo 30$.

10$ an add-on. Each add-on added a level increase with new job abilties/spells/etc, several new NMs and mobs, several new quests, tons of equipment that were time consuming to upgrade, and a whole new leveling experience.

Wtf did 9 maps add to your Modern Warfare experience other than new scenery to shoot your epeen guns? None of the areas being nearly as big as an Abyssea zone. Just another map to mindlessly hold down whatever controller trigger you're using.

You're willingly taking it in the ***.
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2011-03-29 21:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

lamentation, bonecrusher, mustang and sally

Juggernaut and double tap
 Alexander.Odaka
Server: Alexander
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-03-29 21:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ivaan said:
lamentation, bonecrusher, mustang and sally Juggernaut and double tap

Hey...wait a second!

Wheres sleight of hand?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-29 21:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're playing a game, there are far worse things to pay for than a map pack. That is one night out and you should hopefully enjoy your extended time overall more than a single night out.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-29 21:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

10$ an add-on. Each add-on added a level increase with new job abilties/spells/etc, several new NMs and mobs, several new quests, tons of equipment that were time consuming to upgrade, and a whole new leveling experience.

Wtf did 9 maps add to your Modern Warfare experience other than new scenery to shoot your epeen guns? None of the areas being nearly as big as an Abyssea zone. Just another map to mindlessly hold down whatever controller trigger you're using.

You're willingly taking it in the ***.[/quote]
What does map size have to do with anything? No map in COD is the size of an area map in FFXI.. Also, for people who are really into FPS, the new maps are highly desirable.. The more maps an FPS has, the better, playing the same map over and over gets old really quickly, and until fairly recently (last 5 years or so?) online FPS didn't really have a lot of different maps per game. Something like 8-10 was what the average game had.

As much as someone really into FFXI would value the new equipment, nms, maps, quests and ***that is added, people into FPS value new maps to play in.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-03-29 21:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ashleh said:
Wafflechan said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

Except the only thing that comes with abyssea is the maps. You get all the levels and abilities without buying abyssea.

And as far as the whole "experience", one could argue each CoD map needs new strats and setups, making a whole new experience.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-29 21:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I've been considering getting Black OPS but I really don't know.. I'm not really into the whole modern thing.. I still play World at War because I prefer the older weaponry.. I know I hate both Modern Warfares with a fiery passion, and it's pretty rare I enjoy an FPS based on current ***..

Question FOR COD FANS (because plenty of people not a fan would just say no) is BO really any different than MW 1&2? By different I don't just mean new maps and new weapons, either. Talking more about the overall experience.
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-29 21:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Asura.Ashleh said:
Wafflechan said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

What does map size have to do with anything? No map in COD is the size of an area map in FFXI.. Also, for people who are really into FPS, the new maps are highly desirable.. The more maps an FPS has, the better, playing the same map over and over gets old really quickly, and until fairly recently (last 5 years or so?) online FPS didn't really have a lot of different maps per game. Something like 8-10 was what the average game had.

As much as someone really into FFXI would value the new equipment, nms, maps, quests and ***that is added, people into FPS value new maps to play in.

Mapsize doesn't really have much to do with it. It's just they're using the argument that if we have a problem with buying a 15$ map pack with 60% recycled content then we shouldn't have bought the Aby add-ons, despite the fact that the Aby add-ons added a ***ton more content than any of those "map packs" added to their respective FPS and that the Aby add-ons cost five dollars less. Their arguments are flawed. I pay for content. Usually when I played FPSs I found myself always wanting to play multiplayer on one map, and usually the community always seemed to want to play on a certain map or two. Half of the maps added are ***, or old maps that you shouldn't even have to pay for to begin with.

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:

Question FOR COD FANS (because plenty of people not a fan would just say no) is BO really any different than MW 1&2? By different I don't just mean new maps and new weapons, either. Talking more about the overall experience.

So you're not willing to invest in Black Ops if it's just new maps with the same game mechanics? Interesting.
 Alexander.Odaka
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-03-29 21:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i want to punch you D:
[+]
 Diabolos.Mmbacon
Server: Diabolos
user: Mmbacon
By Diabolos.Mmbacon 2011-03-29 21:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Assault:
Ghost Pro*
Sleight of Hand Pro*
Hacker Pro*

Aug/Reflex site/Strella-3
Jammer
Frag
Concussion Grenade

Ballz Out (Yes I actually am pretty successful with this setup)

Light-Weight Pro*
Sleight of Hand Pro*
Marathon Pro*

Spaz/Silencer/Ballistic-Knife
Willy-Pete
Semtex
Motion Sensor

Hit me up sometime :D PS3 (InkForBlood)
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-29 21:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ashleh said:
Usually when I played FPSs I found myself always wanting to play multiplayer on one map, and usually the community always seemed to want to play on a certain map or two. Half of the maps added are ***, or old maps that you shouldn't even have to pay for to begin with.
A few years ago that was true (not saying this to say you should go back to FPS, just stating how things have changed) but now people seem to hate staying on the same map or two, and they've gotten better at designing maps based on what players desire.. In FPS they used to make maps that were radically different, and pretty much required completely different play styles (whether you like to run and gun, take cover and move by cover, or play wide open maps and snipe, etc) since there were so few maps to choose from, you'd only have a couple that suited you.. Recently maps in FPS I've played have been far more balanced, and can support pretty much any play style..

I play pretty much all my FPS on PC though, so we get all the maps and updates for free, I can see myself buying the map packs if I played on console, but I can't say for sure I would. I guess it really depended on how much I liked the game and how much I played it.

Asura.Ashleh said:
So you're not willing to invest in Black Ops if it's just new maps with the same game mechanics? Interesting.

Not if it's just Modern Warfare all over.. I'm not a huge fan of the COD series. The only reason I play W@W is because it's the best WWII-era FPS (imo) that isn't like 6+ years old.. Before World at War, I played Medal of Honor: Allied Assault when I wanted to play a WWII FPS, but that game is old as dirt now..

If I want to play more modern based games, I have plenty of the Battlefield series to choose from.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-29 22:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Quite a bit different, BO encourages more offensive gameplay. It balances the playing field by taking out stopping power, noobtube camping, and give you an even chance to rush a camper should you encounter one. Most of the guns in BO fire way faster than the average ones in MW2, so you have to take that into account when in a fire fight. I'm not sure about the gameplay modes (CTF, Sabo, etc) being different, but the map variety is pretty big, and the competition is ripe. Personally its way better in my opinion, after dealing with the dumb *** glitches in MW2, I'd rather play BO any day.
[+]
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-30 00:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It still boils down to the fact that you're paying 25% of the game's full, retail launch, for five maps. And in that one MW2 pack three of them were recycled.

But hey, I think its funny you guys stand by your purchase, better than having buyer's remorse, I suppose.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-30 09:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny she/he keeps mentioning it's rape, when this *** has been happening since the 80s. I was watching a video by a French dude named Benzaie, and he had some pretty valid points, let's take a look at his 2 best examples.

-Megaman:
The first 6 Megaman games were released from 1987-1993, a game a year, using recycled sprites, recycled concepts, and fairly little updates to the mechanics involved. He accurately pointed out, by showing 6 different scenes from MM and asked if one could spot which game, and which level they were from... sadly even after having beat all 6, I couldn't. And what happened? People continued to buy these things full price from Capcom. So what does Capcom do...

STREET FIGHTER:
How many *** iterations of SF2 did we see? SF2, SF2 Turbo, Super SF2 Turbo (4 new characters omg!), Super SF2 Turbo X (omg Akuma!), World Champions edition, Hyper SF2, Hyper World champions edition, and the list goes on and on, jesus christ. And Capcom charged full price for all this ***too, so if you weren't broke during that time, kudos to you. Then, you have every company and their cousin wanting to cash in on the fighting game market, and everyone and their cousin made a fighting game, that was if not fairly obviously, a SF ripoff. The list includes, but isn't limited to:

-Eternal Champions
-Clay Fighters
-Killer Instinct
-Ninja Turtles: The Tournament Fighter
-Weapon Lord
-Power Rangers on Genesis
-Fighter History
-Rise of the Robots
-Body Blows
-Fatal Fury Special

And that's just the tip of the iceburg.

And if they weren't trying to sell you a fighting game, he points out, they wanted you to buy a generic animal mascot platformer. Hedgehogs, frogs, puppies, bobcats, possums, fish, it was insane the amount of ***brought up. In the 90s, 80% of games were fighters or generic animal platformers. So how is it FPS players are the ones getting raped? The industry rapes us as a whole in general.
[+]