users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Banning Bath Salt
Banning Bath Salt
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-29 06:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Drugs-known-as-bath-salts-targeted-1310027.php
Quote:
An Albany County legislator is introducing a local law to ban the sale of new designer drugs known as "bath salts" that are said to induce the same effect as cocaine or methamphetamine.

The drugs, which remain legal in many states, are sold in convenience stores as small, inexpensive packets of powder that are meant to be snorted.

Packets are sold from $25 to $50 each, under brand names such as Ivory Wave, Red Dove, Cloud 9, Bliss, Star Dust, Vanilla Sky, Ocean Burst, Hurricane Charlie, Blue Silk and White Lightning.

Bath salts, also known as "plant food" or "plant fertilizer," contain the chemicals mephedrone and methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV).

Research has shown that they can cause hallucinations, paranoia, rapid heart rates and suicidal thoughts, said Gary Domalewicz, the Albany County legislator who is proposing the law.

"People have actually died taking these products, and it's completely legal," Domalewicz said. "So that's what prompted me to move forward, at least in Albany County, to ban it and send the message that we are in full support of banning this chemical completely."

A growing number of states have introduced bans on the drug this year, including Louisiana, North Dakota and Florida. U.S. Sen. Chuck Schumer has proposed a nationwide ban.

Under the Albany County law, anyone caught selling, possessing, distributing or manufacturing bath salts would be guilty of a class A misdemeanor and could be punished with a fine of up to $1,000, imprisonment for up to a year, or both.

A public hearing on the matter will be held in April, and a vote is tentatively scheduled for June, Domalewicz said.

Discuss.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-03-29 06:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard about this on the news like a month or two ago, it's spread like wildfire here in florida >.>
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-03-29 07:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

also Kalyna, they aren't "bath salts" but I think it's merely a name it's been given to disguise it to the authorities, I could be wrong though.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-29 07:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
I heard about this on the news like a month or two ago, it's spread like wildfire here in florida >.>
First time I heard about it was today. It's still ridiculous that people are that damn desperate.
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
also Kalyna, they aren't "bath salts" but I think it's merely a name it's been given to disguise it to the authorities, I could be wrong though.

Just googled. These stoners and the names they give *** >< Totally was misleading when I heard it on the radio.

But seriously, I was googling news articles about Bath Salt and I saw so many "Accidents/Murder/blabla was due to 'bath salt'" articles.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2011-03-29 07:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's already banned here in the UK after the government attributed a few deaths to the stuff. It is also known as meow meow or bubble here.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-29 07:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought, bath salts?

Then I kept reading...
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-29 07:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
It's already banned here in the UK after the government attributed a few deaths to the stuff. It is also known as meow meow or bubble here.
/meows the meow mix tune
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
I thought, bath salts?

Then I kept reading...
Same reaction I had. I first heard bath salt and went "wait, what?" and was mislead =(
 Cerberus.Hiryo
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2011-03-29 07:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
I thought, bath salts?

Then I kept reading...
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-03-29 08:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dustoffv2 lol people will inhale anything to get a buzz, let them off themselves
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-03-29 08:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:

This guy I know is in the nuthouse cause meow managed to dig up something he had repressed from childhood apparently.
By Serj 2011-03-29 08:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hiryo said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
I thought, bath salts?

Then I kept reading...
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-03-29 08:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply