Glavoid - Chloris Pops (and Attohwa Pops?)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Glavoid - Chloris pops (and attohwa pops?)
Glavoid - Chloris pops (and attohwa pops?)
By Burke 2011-03-29 03:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

hey all, been slowly working on glavoid pops with a few good friends for shells for my twashtar but its taking a good bit of time and while some of the luckier players have people at their disposal ready and willing to work for hours for them, i do not. quite frankly i hate asking people for help and i only do so if i know i cant solo/low man things with a few good friends. im sure we can take glavoid on 25+ times, but looking at that long road is a little discouraging, SO...i was wondering a few things:

1. ive heard all about amber burning parties getting chests for KI for glavoid (and chloris), but is this the ideal way to get these 4/4 pop sets ready for glavoid? keeping in mind its difficult for one guy to build lights/maintain TE/amber burn alone, so this would still take a few members

2. are there any out there on Gilgamesh who are working on their veres/redemptions that do amber burns? if you guys threw out the glavoid pops (idk why you would) id love to join/help out so we could work together for each others pop sets, and possibly work together on killing the nms? =]

3. pretty much unheard of, but is anyone going through the annoying work of farming glavoid pops/killing glavoid and simply mercenary-ing the shells? as this would speed up the process of getting these 50 damn shells im very down to negotiate a price

if im forgetting anything or if anyone has any other ideas of working together to get our glavoid/chloris pops/kills out of the way, im all ears. essentially im just looking to speed up the process :) reply or /t burke in game, thanks!

(also am definitely down to work on itz scales for twash/ulhuadshi fangs for veres or redemption! let me know =])
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-03-29 03:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fastest and easiest way in my opinion is to simply gather a small group to atma stagger the NMs themselves on your way to Glavoid. At a very minimum, you can farm full Glavoid pops with only three people (WAR, NIN, and WHM).

You'll save yourself a ridiculous amount of time utilizing atma staggers. The problem with amber burning is that you're not guaranteed anything. Tahrongi has a total of ten different key items available from gold chests, and you'll spend many hours getting key items you dont want before you get the ones you do. It's very luck based and time consuming, considering you could farm 4 or 5 complete Glavoids in two or three hours just through atma staggering.

The only time I'd recommend burning amber is if you or your group is also interested in something else. Namely EXP/Cruor, time farming, or the opportunity for key items other than Glavoid. Otherwise it's faster and more efficient just to target the NM tiers, atma stagger them to guarantee key items, and move on.
[+]