Most Advantageous WHM Cure Potency Setup?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Most advantageous WHM Cure Potency setup?
Most advantageous WHM Cure Potency setup?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Yekyaa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yekyaa
By Asura.Yekyaa 2011-03-28 01:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's my contribution.
Pros: +3 Refresh, +1 Regen, -12% Healing Magic casting time,
400 cap Afflatus: Solace Stoneskin buff with +35% Stoneskin conversion,
and also 5% HP Cured = MP Recovered

Cons: No haste, requires 10+mil to complete and 3 pieces of +2 gear as well as the +22% Cure Potency Surya's +2.

The question is this:
How would YOU improve on it?

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/199847
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-03-28 01:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Replace the sirona's ring with another aquasoul ring and ditch the roundel earring in favor of atma of the rescuer. I just saved you 7 mil :D.
[+]
 Asura.Yekyaa
By Asura.Yekyaa 2011-03-28 01:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cute, aquasoul might be a good addition, I wasn't sure the extra +1 to MND over the +10 Healing Magic would make a difference. (I say +1 b/c the VIT on the Sirona's counts for Cure V and Cure VI calcs iirc).

Also, Atma of the Rescuer only works inside Abyssea.
So, that idea is out. Abyssea is not all that exists XD
[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-03-28 01:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

been a while since i looked at the cure calculator..

wasn't 15 healing skill equivalent to 1 mnd tho?
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-28 01:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I would use the combo augur's mitts + Cure clogs
Also Sirona's ring is a cursna ring not a cure one.Would replace it by another mind ring.
Vivid strap is a nice option too so is incantor stone, fast cast is an important attribute in a healing set.
You could also switch your neck piece for the orison torque or acesos choker and the whm earring for loquacious if you use medecine ring.

I could be wrong but thats my set.

my opinion

that gives you -25% cure spellcasting time
54% cure potency so afterthough you could almost replace roundell earring with orison earring for a cheaper cure pot. you will miss 1% but no big deal or replace augur's with blessed +1

EDIT: This set should cap four fastcast/cure spellcasting
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-03-28 01:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

lies! abyssea is all that exists!!!

I believe the formula is 1 mnd = 3 vit = 5 healing skill. That would make sirona's ring equal to 6 mnd. Healing skill on it's own is only important for cursna unless it exceeds the mind you would get from a piece. So yeah you could macro sirona's for cursna if you really wanted to.

edit: I was under the impression that fast-cast gear was best macroed in for the start of a cure. You would want to end the cure in potency, mnd, and -enmity as the situation called for it... unless the piece was best for both casting time and curing (i.e. af3+2 legs)
 Sylph.Idkbro
Server: Sylph
user: idkbro
By Sylph.Idkbro 2011-03-28 01:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

>spellcast
>precast in Cure Clogs/Fast Cast/etc

Healing Magic and Cure Cast, I'm sure are calculated differently but I really don't want to do research / test / ask around at 2:30 AM..And don't flame me if they are calculated the same actually @@;

Sirona's Ring, that's fine, I use MND+ Rings, waiting to upgrade to +7 myself,

Other than what I touched on with precast, this is a perfect midcast set for cures. Of course, you didn't mention having this, but for anyone else, that is what you would use.

Depending on which cure though, is entirely up to you. I use this set for 5-6 myself

Um.
I am also saving up for my second Roundel Earring, but other than that this is what I use for Solace Cures.
 Asura.Yekyaa
By Asura.Yekyaa 2011-03-28 01:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I guess I probably should've made myself more clear.
This set was under the assumption that I was going to COMPLETE the cure cast with this set on. The Cure Clogs would be used as a precast option. What I want to physically be casting the spell in, however, is a different story.

Fast Cast/Precast gear has already been taken into account with a different set.
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
Server: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2011-03-28 01:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My contribution.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-03-28 01:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm med ring is a good point. It would be hard to do inside of abyssea but outside it's pretty easy to make it proc and it would negate the need for roundel and free up another 5% (you could rep serpentes with marduk feet + healers mitts +1) for another 17 mnd, 15 healing skill and put on a neptune's pearl (assuming one existed) on your ear. So while you would lose 7 mnd on your ring you would gain 21 mnd 15 healing skill which would make that the superior build.

edit: damn Nitsuj beat me to it lol.
 Sylph.Idkbro
By Sylph.Idkbro 2011-03-28 01:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yekyaa said:
This set was under the assumption that I was going to COMPLETE the cure cast with this set on. The Cure Clogs would be used as a precast option. What I want to physically be casting the spell in, however, is a different story.

Fast Cast/Precast gear has already been taken into account with a different set.

Alright. I was just making sure, A lot of WHM end cures in fast cast/cure cast junk. -.-;

That is mine, minus like I said, the +7 rings and the earring :/
I also have Cascade Belt in place of Cognizant, I use that for Boost Spells and Barspells.

(Also, I'm kind of glad to see people are taking Healing Magic Skill into consideration when casting Cursna >.>; as I've been testing this for a while now since Christmas o.o;)
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-03-28 01:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

healing magic skill for cursna has been recommended for a long time... think i first ran in to that suggestion on taurs in dyna-tav but might have been earlier even (prolly late 06 early 07). do you have some reason to think it doesn't do anything?
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-28 01:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yekyaa said:

oh ;x I personally has been a xbox user for a long time.as an ending set its more then fine, you still could work around my set so you dont have to spend that 10 mil on roundell ; ;
 Sylph.Idkbro
By Sylph.Idkbro 2011-03-28 02:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Off-topic

Asura.Hoshiku said:
healing magic skill for cursna has been recommended for a long time... think i first ran in to that suggestion on taurs in dyna-tav but might have been earlier even (prolly late 06 early 07). do you have some reason to think it doesn't do anything?

No, I don't, But I started making a serious set for it after I got my +1 body, looking into Healing Magic Skill on wiki and what I else I could use it for besides just an Idle/Cure piece once +2 was completed.

I have noticed more procs to cure doom on the first try.

On my server, it's rather HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if I might say, and a lot of WHM these days don't bother with anything other than a Cure set and a mediocre barspell set, I was just kind of surprised to see that other people know about Cursna and Healing Magic Skill :P
No one on my server really know what I'm talking about when it comes to this..
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-03-28 02:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohhh I see. Well a lot of misinformation gets spread around too. For years we were casting barfira to mitigate damage from mijin gakure...

And lets not forget the people who demanded divine seal raise because it gave back more xp! (and yeah sorry for the derail :P )
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-28 02:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said:
Ohhh I see. Well a lot of misinformation gets spread around too. For years we were casting barfira to mitigate damage from mijin gakure...

And lets not forget the people who demanded divine seal raise because it gave back more xp! (and yeah sorry for the derail :P )
oh hell yes, I remember that.
[+]
 Sylph.Idkbro
By Sylph.Idkbro 2011-03-28 02:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you should save up for a Roundel.

Medicine Ring works, but it's a latent and it's also situational.
You *can* use cancel plugin along with spellcast, but you have to ask the question if you're safe to do this every time you cure.

Quote:

<if BuffActive="Max HP Boost">
<command when="precast">cancel 88</command>
</if>

In a situation such as fighting Dragua, you may or may not be in range of an AoE move, but more than likely if you are in range to cure your tank(s), you will be in range of some of the AoE moves, which would not be a good idea if you are using Medicine Ring.

You could also have spellcast to cure in medicine ring IF/ONCE your HP is below X%, just another option instead of using cancel buff, but your HP may tick back into white. etc etc etc I'm tired and ranting, sorry.

There's a lot to it >_< it just all depends but I'm very serious about finishing this exact set and yes I plan on buying a Roundel, and I think you should too.
[+]
 Sylph.Idkbro
By Sylph.Idkbro 2011-03-28 02:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said:

Baahah I learned early on after a few Dyna that Barfira didn't work against mijin, thank goodness.
[+]
 Asura.Domz
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2011-03-28 02:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Idkbro said:
Asura.Hoshiku said:
Ohhh I see. Well a lot of misinformation gets spread around too. For years we were casting barfira to mitigate damage from mijin gakure... And lets not forget the people who demanded divine seal raise because it gave back more xp! (and yeah sorry for the derail :P )
Baahah I learned early on after a few Dyna that Barfira didn't work against mijin, thank goodness.

shhhh not alot of people know that! its nice to have a placebo! kinda like casting haste after a bards given capped marches
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2011-03-28 02:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Idkbro said:
:P

i totally object to this. we never had this conversation. lol
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-03-28 02:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info guys. Always want to know how to play better.
[+]
 Sylph.Idkbro
By Sylph.Idkbro 2011-03-28 02:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Domz said:
Sylph.Idkbro said:
Asura.Hoshiku said:
Ohhh I see. Well a lot of misinformation gets spread around too. For years we were casting barfira to mitigate damage from mijin gakure... And lets not forget the people who demanded divine seal raise because it gave back more xp! (and yeah sorry for the derail :P )

shhhh not alot of people know that! its nice to have a placebo! kinda like casting haste after a bards given capped marches

LOLOL

Sylph.Feary said:
Sylph.Idkbro said:
:P

i totally object to this. we never had this conversation. lol

:X but they usually don't! My entire linkshell was like WOW THAT SOUNDS SO SMART IDK and yet they still fulltime gear on WHM
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-03-28 02:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep them coming pls. Want to take WHM to 90.
 Ifrit.Jurai
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2011-03-28 02:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using

right now.. with 52% Cure in Abys with Rescuer atma.

In my opinion, Augur glove/Cure Clogs will be better. For me, that's only bring me down 1% (but still over 50% in Abys so..) and give 15% fast cast.

If you have the money for Rondel- I guess sure go for it but as can see- it's easy to hit 50% w/o it.. and never needed it before Abys to be a good WHM.. Very difficult to hit the 50% outside before- and never really was a set back for a good WHM..

If I changed my rings/belt for more mind (say even +15-20 MND) my cures would only heal slightly more- I suggest not gearing for MND. Fast cast, haste, -enmity (-enmity not really important in Abys with atma..) is usually more useful, or so I've seen.

I don't think Abys set should be compared with 'normal' sets..

I know the 'upgrades' I need to do for Abys etc.. just is it worth spending the money when better things will be along shortly (rings for MND etc.)
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-03-28 02:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Inside abyssea won't med ring work the same way sorc ring does (in that it's not under 75% of your hp to activate it but instead under 75% of your prebuffed hp making it closer to 35% of your total hp)?
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-03-28 02:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Jur, helP me Plz!!!
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2011-03-28 02:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Med ring does not work like Sorc ring. It needs pure yellow <75% to work.. Zenith etc doesn't help for the Medicine ring.

And what's up TripleB? First post on this thread was kinda random- want to play better! lol
 Sylph.Idkbro
By Sylph.Idkbro 2011-03-28 03:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In my opinion, Augur glove/Cure Clogs will be better. For me, that's only bring me down 1% (but still over 50% in Abys so..) and give 15% fast cast.

If not using Serpentes Set, next best (hand/feet) combo would be>> (with Spellcast)

>Augur's Gloves
>Marduk Feet, +2 AF3 Feet, and so on.. in midcast.

ending the cure in.
[+]
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2011-03-28 03:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Idkbro said:
Quote:

If not using Serpentes Set, next best (hand/feet) combo would be>> (with Spellcast)

>Augur's Gloves

ending the cure in.

I love everyone says stuff about adding it into spellcast for midcast etc 'start with..' but I never really seen anyone do it. And personally, I just don't like flashing everytime I click a button for a very minor change it what'll happen.

Using for BLM to change from rest>cast or melee jobs from fight>ws.. can make a big difference.. guess it's just me.. I'm not having my char blinking every spell to heal 10 more hp- too annoying..

The tiny bit that is added by doing that is really unnoticeable but I can see my char blinking all over the place- is annoying to me.. lol
[+]
 Sylph.Idkbro
By Sylph.Idkbro 2011-03-28 03:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jurai said:
Sylph.Idkbro said:
Quote:

>Augur's Gloves

ending the cure in.

I love everyone says stuff about adding it into spellcast for midcast etc 'start with..' but I never really seen anyone do it. And personally, I just don't like flashing everytime I click a button for a very minor change it what'll happen.

Using for BLM to change from rest>cast or melee jobs from fight>ws.. can make a big difference.. guess it's just me.. I'm not having my char blinking every spell to heal 10 more hp- too annoying..

The tiny bit that is added by doing that is really unnoticeable but I can see my char blinking all over the place- is annoying to me.. lol

Meh, Blinkmenot helps too. Blinking isn't a problem as a WHM, I guess, but for some DDs who blink is a problem (again blinkmenot helps here)

Anyway going to bed, too lazy/tired to talk about WHM

edit: You should see my WHM then lol I blink all the time ;D
First Page 2 3 4 5