users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Duo Atma?
Duo Atma?
 Leviathan.Nightshade
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Nightshade 2011-03-27 07:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, just wondering how much of abyssea can be duoed with nin and rdm? Nin has no atma at all and I only have a few DD ones. Or maybe what atma we need to have and should party up for? Ultimate goal is to duo as much as we can without having to get groups together.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-27 08:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

With none of you having any good atmas it's gonna be pretty hard, but I'm pretty sure you can duo most atmas as long as you take your time.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-27 08:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I can sell you atma on the cheap. Otherwise just use ones from the atma fabricant until you can get better.
 Leviathan.Nightshade
By Leviathan.Nightshade 2011-03-27 08:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be the best 2 to start out with for each of us? Sorry in advance for the nubness but I haven't done much abyssea and my buddy just started in January and just solos or we duo all the time.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-03-27 08:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Nin : Razed Ruins / Gnarled Horn
Rdm : Minikin / another refresh one, either rank10 windy or Turul's
 Cerberus.Darktaruu
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Darktaruu 2011-03-27 08:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

For RDM you can try to have Atma of allure from Carabosse

>> http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Carabosse

Atma of allure: MP+:Superior (+30%), MND+:Major (+30), Enmity-:Major (-30)
[+]
 Leviathan.Nightshade
By Leviathan.Nightshade 2011-03-27 08:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info everyone and lol Dark I was just looking at Carabosse. :D
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-27 08:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot about asas refresh.

Also check to see what synthetic ones you have there are some decent ones out there.

Like nin there is dark depths from doing nyzle I think is 20% crit rate and evasion/agi minor. AaO from killing omega is 50 att 10% triple attack and some -hp meh.

For the rdm 3 of the refresh atmas or synthetic. One from asa and windy missions as well as one for doing all assualts. Rescuer from finishing dynamis xarc is good (fast cast cure pot).

Also you should prioritize gathering the easier abyssites of merit, furtherance and celerity well and of course lunars so you can set the atmas. Your rdm should be able to solo the miseraux zone boss even with no atmas (I did it and the KI nms at 85 with only 1). http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Abyssite will give you the list of abyssite and what they do/how to get. This is important cause going from 0 to full celerity is the difference between 20 and 8 hours per stone. Full furtherance is another +30 to stats from cruor buffs. Full Merit can will add 60% hp and 30% mp to the boost from cruor prospector. Which is kinda rediculous. That's like a full atma or 2.

Of course the listed ones from other people are kinda staples so work on that after... and once you get those you might want to look into specific ones. Like resist ones for certain fights. Or future fabulous for general resistance to spells
 Leviathan.Nightshade
By Leviathan.Nightshade 2011-03-27 09:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Nin started in January and hasn't done anything but fish and solo nin and war so no EG atma available or any for that matter. I think he just got the expansions a couple days ago. I have VV and a couple other random ones from boss fights but nothing that is very helpful on rdm. I didn't know about the synthetics cause we are only 66 and still haven't checked out abyssea duo. Cheers
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-27 09:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Should really work on getting that nins red proc weapons skilled up first before you go hunting atmas/non quest abyssite then
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-03-27 09:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nightshade said:
Nin started in January and hasn't done anything but fish and solo nin and war so no EG atma available or any for that matter. I think he just got the expansions a couple days ago. I have VV and a couple other random ones from boss fights but nothing that is very helpful on rdm. I didn't know about the synthetics cause we are only 66 and still haven't checked out abyssea duo. Cheers

You can't duo anything in Abyssea at lvl 66.

Going to assume you meant at higher lvls though, but either way nin needs all weapons high enough to get the red trigger weaponskills and you should definitely make a point of collecting as many useful abyssites as you can too. And by the sounds of it, the nin doesn't have any lunar abyssites at all?
 Leviathan.Nightshade
By Leviathan.Nightshade 2011-03-27 09:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said:
Leviathan.Nightshade said:
You can't duo anything in Abyssea at lvl 66.
I know that, just planning ahead so I can keep an eye out for random shouts.
 Leviathan.Nightshade
By Leviathan.Nightshade 2011-03-27 09:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

He hasn't even been inside, just got the expansions a couple days ago.