Anyone With This Weird Windower Problem?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Anyone with this weird windower problem?
Anyone with this weird windower problem?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-03-27 03:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Every once in a while when I log in every menu gets locked in place unless I move the mouse a little. For example, I open the menu and it starts up at Status, it's stuck there. The only way I can move it is to move the mouse. Then I go down to Equipment and pick it. In the equipment screen the selection is stuck on wherever it starts and I can't pick a piece unless I hit the mouse, then I gotta hit the mouse again to go up and down in the menu to pick the piece I want to equip. It goes on with basically everything, AH menus, going left and right on macros if I'm using a controller. This happen to anyone else? Anyone know a way to stop that without having to /shutdown and log back in? I tried removing the mouse but it doesn't work, it still gets stuck even if the mouse isn't plugged in.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-03-27 03:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had that before, usually when I dualbox though I think. Usually I just tab over to something else I have open, move the mouse on there then tab back and its fine

Or I just hold down one of the arrow keys til it unsticks itself
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-03-27 04:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had it once or twice, usually just go spazz on the mouse, moving it around and clicking both buttons and it comes good.
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
Server: Bismarck
user: Sigmund
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2011-03-27 05:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use windower, but from time to time my interface will freeze up and my character will just start running in one direction. He keeps doing even after I kneel to rest. It has happened with 2 different computers and keyboards. I have no idea what it could be. I usually have to just button mash the keyboard until it stops. Oh it always happens at the most inopportune times..
 Bahamut.Samunai
Server: Bahamut
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2011-03-27 05:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i had the problem too. ur mouse cursor is set to be used as 'enter' key then. just move ur mouse away from what is stuck , then keep pressing ESC or w/e ur console is untill ur mouse cursor complete disappears from ur FF screen. then when u go do ur thing again, it wont get stuck on a curtain piece/menu of ur screen =)