Dancer brew setup
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-03-26 18:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking of this earlier, of an actual brew gearset. I was thinking something like the weapon skill damage dagger might be best, other than a twashtar

idk, thoughts? suggestions? lets get some brew setups in here
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-26 18:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Martial knife, Byrth will prolly chime in w/ the rest later
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-26 21:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Martial Knife, fTP, and MAB gear, I think. Your stats are set to 999 when you brew, so adding DEX and INT through gear doesn't matter.

Dancer gets:
Novio, Hecate's, (Moldy), augmented Demon Rings, Soil Gorget, Soil Belt, Shantotto pants augment, and ACP body augment. I can't think of any other sources of MAB for us, barring augmenting low level gear through FoV praying for MAB+1.

My normal Aeolian Edge build is:

Use Soil gorget over Ugg Pendant, and otherwise it's the same (or doesn't matter).

Smiting Blow, Gales, and Ultimate as Atmas for brewing.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-03-27 17:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What about the tp bonus +100 fusetto? wouldn't that pull ahead of martial knife?

martial has DMG: 27 delay: 186 TP bonus
while Fusetto has DMG: 38 delay: 186 Tp bonus +100

or would base damage not even matter since you have 999 str total?
and can offhanding a Twilight Knife give you quad attack on aeolian edge?
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-03-27 17:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
What about the tp bonus +100 fusetto? wouldn't that pull ahead of martial knife?

Double/Triple/Quad etc attacks can't proc on Elemental Weaponskills as far as i can remember :|

But yes, The Fusetto would be better, Even with 999STR your Daggers base damage plays a roll in your DPS. Though most of your Damage will be from Weaponskills... To some people it'd be easier to just buy a Martial Knife off the AH for like 800k, instead of putting in the time to get the TP Bonus +100 Fusetto.

Fusetto is a better free alternative, But it takes time =x
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-03-27 17:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:

Negative ghost rider.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-03-27 17:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:

With Martial Knife, wouldn't Griffon's Claw be better?
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-03-27 18:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

With Martial Knife, wouldn't Griffon's Claw be better?
Why would you use Griffon's Claw on Dagger? WS DMG+ is 2handers only.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-27 18:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok to clear some things up...

1. Base dmg doesn't do ***to magical ws. Instead it uses lvl+2 where weapon dmg would be. So martial knife is just as good.

2. magical ws don't use fstr. They use fint where fstr normally would be or some dstat factor with a multiple that is calculated after ftp. Supposedly some ws might have neither but I've yet to see testing that was conclusive. Obvious exceptions are of course spirits within and atonement

3. Kinda already answered but you can't double/triple/quad whatever attack on magical ws.

4. Already said but dex/int worthless. MAB does help but it's the last thing you should add as brew gives +900 MAB severely devaluing it.

5. For gear if it's wind day get obi for that if not elemental belt if not something mab. tp bonus knife. ws gorget. After that only mab will help you in other slots

6. Atmas should use gales, 1 of the +50 MAB ones and tp bonus one. The question about griffin claw is a no. It specifically says when 2hd weapon is equipped.

7. Unfortunately dnc doesn't get that good of native elemental ws and as far as I can tell earth crusher is the best you can get from a subjob is earth crusher which is barely better.... However if you can get an extra 20 more skill pasted the lvl 90 cap on dnc for swd (ie merits and suppa) and chose the right subjob you can get sanguine blade.... which given best setups of both would do almost 50% more dmg.

8. If you can and do sanguine blade similar idea except tp bonus doesn't mean crap not sure if you can get a MAB weapon other than trial dagger... but if you can. ws gorget/belt or dark obi. mab in other slots making sure to still have 300 skill. Atmas use cosmos, banisher and one of the 50mab ones.

8. If anyone is wondering why I call the other elemental ws bad and SB good it's mainly because SB uses dint while the others use fint... dint caps 1276 after the 2 multiplier but is added to the rest after ftp. fint caps at 32 but is added before ftp so even with a ftp of 4.0 only ends up adding 128 vs the 1276 good magical ws.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-03-27 18:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the info das :3
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-27 19:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if it was kinda wall of texty... but figured needed to go over some of basics given some of the info in the thread. Also if you do do sanguine blade /blu will get you MAB trait while getting acess to the ws
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-03-27 19:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if I'll sound stupid for this and I even thought elemental ws's couldn't double/triple/etc attack, but I've had spikes from jinpu hitting 8k without brew with VV/Harvest/AoA. So, I'm almost 100% positive that's a triple attack(on probably both hits). But maybe jinpu doesn't count as a "magical" ws even though its an elemental one? >.>;
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-27 19:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sorry if it was kinda wall of texty... but figured needed to go over some of basics given some of the info in the thread. Also if you do do sanguine blade /blu will get you MAB trait while getting acess to the ws
So your saying on a neutral mob damage wise the best a dancer can do would be (single target with best atmas for each)

Sanguine blade -> Earth crusher -> Aeolian Edge?

And I want to add the top two brewed NMs in game (Rani Shinryu) reduce darkness Dmg taken by at least 50%)
I'd have to check more of the available from subjob ones but yeah I think so. Also is that 50% darkness dmg after the general magical dmg reduction? If not it might not be as bad as you think. The best wildfire I've done was 61k. With my setup it would've done 90k+ on a normal mob. Same fight the one right before did 41k which might have been from might gaurd or might be some further reduction in magic dmg form. iirc there was some testing that suggested shinryu has a good 30-40% magic reduction and when his wings are in has like an additional 30ish% dmg reduction.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-27 19:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said:
Idk if I'll sound stupid for this and I even thought elemental ws's couldn't double/triple/etc attack, but I've had spikes from jinpu hitting 8k without brew with VV/Harvest/AoA. So, I'm almost 100% positive that's a triple attack(on probably both hits). But maybe jinpu doesn't count as a "magical" ws even though its an elemental one? >.>;
Not a dumb question really.

The answer is basically this. A few ws are both magical and physical. Basically it counts as 2 "hits". The first one is purely physical calculated like normal any normal physical ws. The 2nd hit is magical. The base dmg is a percentage of whatever the dmg of the first one is based on tp. Then things like +element attack and MAB are factored into it. The 2 are added together and boom.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-27 20:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't tell since wiki sucks at updating... but if it uses fint depening on setup 20k doesn't actually sound too unlikely. Actually if it uses fint instead of dint (and most magical ws with 2 stat mods do) then just plutos and brew should only get you 20k on a normal mob so could belief it only do 9-20k on shinryu just based on normal -dt/mdb/mdt it has. Also martial staff or carbuncle pole would be better. Also I think I did more with vidohunir. And by perfect atmas I hope you mean the tp bonus superiour one cosmos and griffin claw.

As far as testing I haven't but I do have screenshots of how I only did like 10% more dmg adding a +30% fire dmg atma once...

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-27 20:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't have the tp bonus atma martial would still beat yama. Even with it yama barely wins lol

On a side note RLB might be worth using...

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-27 20:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cataclysm gets a significant fTP boost from 100 to 200 TP, so he's probably talking about 100 TP. At 200+ Yama wins since it's 4.0 fTP at 200 and 5.0 at 300 iirc.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-27 20:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cataclysm gets a significant fTP boost from 100 to 200 TP, so he's probably talking about 100 TP. At 200+ Yama wins since it's 4.0 fTP at 200 and 5.0 at 300 iirc.
This... holding tp is for the birds. From 100 to 200 is 45% dmg increase from 200 to 300 is 25%.

But yes if you want to use martial at a time when it does nothing then obviously a staff that does something would beat it... by the same token if you waited till 300% smiting blow doesn't do anything either and you should use a MAB atma :)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-27 21:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Also no just did some testing and number running and RLB wouldn't be that good.... I was hoping since there is a +fire ws dmg atma but meh

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-27 21:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are that worried about holding tp why use smiting blow then?

You're putting words in my mouth. No where did I shrug it off. I just said it would be much better than pluto and that it would still be better than yama +2 if you didn't have smiting blow. Oh and technically it's only 4% more dmg between yama+2 and martial at 200% tp and 4.545% between HQ and NQ staffs

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-27 21:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't bother mentioning it because who is going to make a a full trial weapon that is mostly just useful for brewing 1 ws lol? And it's the hardest staff to make lol. In the time it takes you to make it you could've just lvl'd another job with a better ws.

Also infernal scythe looks like it has possibilities...but wiki has no info so I'd have to test myself. Might have to see what I can get it to do. Bleh blm skill up again :(
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-03-27 21:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

it takes more effort to make the staff than any other way you can get that extra 6k damage. also inventory.
First Page 2