Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sea/Limbus » Limbus solo
Limbus solo
By Wafflechan 2011-03-26 02:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been dumbing around sea, and managed to get a black card and cosmo to get in. And based on reading, it looked like NE Apollyon would yield easiest fighting with a polearm. So I was looking to get some tips, advice, anything small before jumping in head first.

-Decent DRG/BLU spell set ups, what should I aim for, support? status effects? etc.
-Monsters I should avoid?
-How many floors should I climb before calling it a day?

Thanks for any advice ahead of time. Really need to get those ABCs for my lame *** drg >.>.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-26 03:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well to answer the question about "calling it a day" just keep doing as much as possible until you run out of time.

For the first floor, don't aggro any other mandies, just kill the goobbue and the big black and big white one, the smaller ones don't really yeild coins.

On the second floor, just kill everything for coins and 15 time + Restore.

When I'm on BLM for the 3rd floor, I usually just do the doll and go since the pots take rediculously low magic damage, but you might wanna try killing the large pot if you're feeling daring.

4th floor- this is the part that can screw you over. One of the three gigas will open the door, and of the three, Cronos is immune to phys. damage, so if you kill the other 2 and Cronos is the one that opens the portal, just farm opo-opos and the large opo.

5th Floor- Another easy one, kill the Dhalmels, they'll give you 2 coins each, just be patient with timing how you pull them or you could end up with a fun massive link to deal with. It's usually crunch time here so it's your choice if you want to kill the Sphinx x2 or not, they both only give 2 coins each, so it's not a big deal if you don't kill them, you can easily get around them to the chest.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-26 03:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Better off finding a duo partner and taking down the mobs in NW. Will prolly end up with a lot more coins from farming in there than anywhere else.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-26 03:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna solo some temenos tried today on blu but can't got distracted and died... so think it's doable? Maybe blm or rdm or thf instead? Trying to farm up a set of items for the tier 2 zones and try to get help on those so can do ultima for atma
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-26 03:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Tier 1 zones, yes very doable on BLU. Tier 2... :x.

I've personally solo'd Temenos Northern Tower on BLU, probably the easiest one. Temenos West prolly a bit harder, especially on last floor. You can slice through those birds pretty quick though and reapply sleepga, same thing I did for goblins. Biggest problem I could see would be tigers on floor one, you might need to bring some remedy's. East would be the toughest, all floors leading to last would most likely be easy if you got lucky. If not maybe saline coat+mdt/mdb set should be enough with decent HP to survive astral flow. I would suggest subbing RDM for this zone though, blu/rdm should be fine vs elementals using occulation/SS. Last chest hopefully you get lucky, if not then same deal as other avatars.

Edit: Also lizards and their cheap petrify gaze might suck too... should be able to live through with PDT set/decent HP though if it lands on you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-26 03:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried west. Tigers were easy at most 1 tp move per kill thanks to delta. Mandies kinda sucked since they seemed to have capped acc against me and hit kinda hard and the whole mnk thing. Hell kept hitting me thru flash.

What's your strat? Kill one and move on or do you actually try and farm chest for time? How often do you actually finish?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-26 03:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My strat for Northern tower or West? If West, just farm time on the floors you can handle the mobs pretty easily. Tigers, Beetles, Lizards(assuming easy time w/petrify), Pugil are all easy enough to farm for a time chest. Maybe try nuking mandies down if straight melee isn't working? Could toss all DD spells after initial pull/actinic burst and then bind with regur/or sleepga until ready for next barrage (which should kill).
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-26 03:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

All. Yeah part of my problem with mandies is I didn't see any clean pulls
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-26 03:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well for Northern tower: A lot of the mobs are aspirable so I would look into setting at least mp drainkiss or hammer.

Floor 1
I MGS'd past the RDM's patrolling hallway and sniped the WAR's. If no portal then kill a RDM.

Floor 2
Debated killing them all for item chest because I came here for items but also wanted chip. Probably best to just skip them, just kill the MNK. Really easy, just flash during HF or bind/sleep.

Floor 3
Try your hardest to grab one at a time, little shits like to link because the idiot bard or whm will cast crap. Pretty straight forward, kill the brd/whm for chest.

Floor 4
BLMs are extremely squishy, kill them and skip the bad *** in the middle unless you just want items and not chip (I wouldn't risk time dealing with Astral flow).

Floor 5
Extremely easy, make sure shadows are up for EES or flash is on. Also... don't forget echo drops like I did >.> unless you wanna rely on luck.

Floor 6
Skip the wandering tonberries and go for the stationary ones. BLM is easy but when you get to ninja, pull him back a little to behind the ramp. Little ***can one shot you sometimes even at low hp, killed me at 20% hp left with 2hr. So make sure you are far enough away to reraise safely. Also if no portal after the stationary ones are dead, don't touch the SMNs... go for the THF in the previous room after dealing with NIN.

Floor 7
Sleepga and kill. Try to stay close to the others because the rdms seem to resist sleep duration more than the others so they will run after you and its harder to sleep them all at once when awake. I killed BLM's first and went to the RDMs. They are all aspirable too, I set both aspirs for this floor.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-26 03:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The other two I already went over, but should amend something from the elemental zone. You don't have to fight avatars until the last floor where its a 50% chance to get Fenrir. If you are just going for chip, I wouldn't risk opening item chest unless you know can handle astral flow. Although with /rdm should be fine really. If you don't wanna risk it though, just nab the time chest and go up. Elementals are really easy, they take almost normal melee dmg so you don't need to spam SB or use magical nukes. En-silence, En-petrify. They aren't 100% proc rate but if you get petrified shouldn't last that long, swap into full PDT gear (staff if low hp) and ride it out. En-silence, just bring some echo drops and remedys for paralyze.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-26 03:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The dark elementals have en-curse also but it isn't too strong. Also need to swap out dream flower and put yawn or sheep song for that level. Also you can pull elementals from the top level with RA instead of going around.
[+]
By Wafflechan 2011-03-26 08:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That turned out nasty, they cut through me like a hot knife through butter, even with cocoon up. Think SAM/DNC might be able to solo a section better? Don't really have any other options.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-26 10:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What's "that"? Which zone did you try? Also what do your gear sets look like for either job? I really don't recommend that zone in OP for farming coins... I've solo'd it on BLU for chip and it's not really that much coins. I also don't see how you will deal with few of those mobs as DRG/BLU. The little birds link so you would be handling two at once, also the bigger roc type mobs hit really hard and do Carnage Elegy.

If you really have to go solo and can't buy the coins I would just suggest doing SW. First floor is extremely easy, just kill the mobs that match your race, there are two of them. Pop the item chest for coins and then just kill whichever ones are easy for you. They have their jobs corresponding 2hrs so keep that in mind, they also link. You can take them down really easily, I one shot them on my BLU. The next floor should be easy also, just take out the treants and save the leafless one for last. They all (sans leafless treant) spawn a mob when they die which are also easy. If/when you get to boss, he has pretty strong pinecone bomb and also has an dispelga move and inflicts slow. If you have time and make it to next floor, mimics are really easy and might get lucky with item chest.
[+]