Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Game Disc
FFXI Game Disc
 Cerberus.Xios
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Xios
By Cerberus.Xios 2011-03-25 17:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently bought the FFXI Ultimate Collection disc, and put it in my Xbox and it says the disc is unreadable. It's brand new and I see no abnormalities with the disc.
Not sure if its just a faulty disc or what, so hoped someone may know on here. Thanks! :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-03-25 17:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe something wrong with your Xbox?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-25 17:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

clear your cache and try again
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-03-25 17:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

did u bought the pc or xbox version? if it's pc it wont read, consider cleaning the lens of your xbox if you bought the xbox version, u can clean the lens by getting one of those cd clensers with little soft brushes on the readable side
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-03-25 17:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This just happened to me today. You cant go directly to Xbox Dashboard from POL/Game. To fix this annoying thing, play music from your HDD when loading the game.
 Cerberus.Xios
By Cerberus.Xios 2011-03-25 17:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh, I put my old disc in and it seems its not reading that one now.. but it still plays every other game I have.
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-03-25 17:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is not the disc, its POL itself in your Xbox. The ideal thing would be to uninstall POL but you cant as it doesnt show in the HDD when browsing trough Xbox Dashboard.
 Bahamut.Mysterp
user: mysterp7
By Bahamut.Mysterp 2011-03-25 17:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I have had this issue several times. Has your 360 been running for awhile? I have noticed that when my game does that I have to shut the 360 off for atleast an hour to cool down and it will run fine. The trick is when you load the disc you hear your fan kick on and shut down. then start up and shut down again and then finnaly start up and continue to run. If it shuts down on the 3rd attempt its as if the console doesn't have enough power to run POL. Not sure why it does that but it does.....
 Titan.Agetos
Server: Titan
By Titan.Agetos 2011-03-25 17:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Trust me its not the xbox or the disc. i know exactly what your problem is and this is how you fix it: first you need a flash drive to plug into the xbox, make sure that it has some kind of music on it, for some reason if you run music through the xbox player while you start it up it will run perfectly, but when not it will say unreadable. you just have to make sure music is playing while you get all the way into the game but once your in you can take it out or w/e, same goes for when your logging off, make sure its running music.

Edit: Plus i use this method everyday to log in, never have to shutdown when i hear the fan or w/e lol.
 Bahamut.Mysterp
user: mysterp7
By Bahamut.Mysterp 2011-03-25 17:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

@Agetos Well hell thanks for the info cuz if thats all I have to do then I have been wasting valuable gaming time by waiting for the console to cool down :)
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2011-03-25 17:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah xbox I have personally been through 4 of them . If you leave the game running the system burns up and has a hard time reading discs. ou can use the flash music drive idea for a bit but it will only last for so long until its completly done for. I think its a simple fix if you send it in but I never did. All i can suggest is keep the system from heating up and dont keep the game on when not playing.
 Titan.Agetos
By Titan.Agetos 2011-03-25 17:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ive been using the flash drive method for like.. 8 months or more lol
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-03-25 17:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I do it with the music on the Hard Drive, works for me at least.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2011-03-25 17:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well like I said its only so long until it wont read at all.
 Diabolos.Mesheef
Server: Diabolos
user: Mesheef
By Diabolos.Mesheef 2011-03-25 18:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I just had to re-install on xbox was having the same issues
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-03-25 18:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Xios said:
I recently bought the FFXI Ultimate Collection disc, and put it in my Xbox and it says the disc is unreadable. It's brand new and I see no abnormalities with the disc.
Not sure if its just a faulty disc or what, so hoped someone may know on here. Thanks! :)
I like your avatar. :D
 Titan.Agetos
By Titan.Agetos 2011-03-25 18:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Deadplaything said:
Well like I said its only so long until it wont read at all.

It already won't read at all.. that's why im using the flash drive to begin with lol. and i seriously doubt its an xbox problem, mines brand new and wouldnt read it. and the disc is only a couple months old. had to flash drive it still. but either way i leave my xbox on day and night usually running the game and i havent had a single problem.
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-03-25 18:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This happened to me today. Disc was brand new, just opened. I close POL incorrectly and was recieved by this. Googled about this problem, + some help from LS mates, I could get it to run again.
 Cerberus.Xios
By Cerberus.Xios 2011-03-25 21:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The music idea worked, thanks much for the help. Hopefully it won't take doing that every log in. >_<

I like my avatar too :)
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2011-03-26 00:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How to not have that problem again:

DO NOT EXIT THE GAME through the GUIDE BUTTON miniblades/menu.
Also, do not use the miniblades menu to log out your XBL account as that causes POL to abort/quit.

DO NOT PRESS EJECT button or open the disc tray while the game is open/logged in as it has the same effect as exiting the game through the miniblades menu.

Exiting POL without log out/shutdown causes the game install data to be left in an unstable state and that causes the XBOX to throw up an generic "dirty disc" error message next time you try to use it.
 Ragnarok.Krystyl
Server: Ragnarok
user: Krystal
By Ragnarok.Krystyl 2011-03-26 01:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Keeping your Xbox inside a small cubby hole or like tight quarters will cause it to overheat, this affects connections and overall performance, and of course, begs for the dreaded Red Ring of Death. Keep your xbox in a place where it can breathe and be a happy console =)