Install Problems.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Install problems.
Install problems.
 Asura.Sandolphon
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-25 13:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Been trying to install this game for like two hours now. T_T Each time it gets hung up on a file and gives Error 1305...something about it can't locate the file.

Thing is, I check the directory and the file's just sitting there so idk what its talking about.

Anyway, what I've been doing is cancelling and then retrying, sometimes it gets stuck on the same file sometimes another file. :/ One thing I've read is that you have to swap discs into different cd drives if you have them but this is the Ultimate Collection so there's just one disc and I only have one cd/dvd drive anyway. Also even went as far to uninstall Daemon Tools and restart my computer thinking maybe my virtual drive was interfering, nope, same deal.

Any ideas?

EDIT: here's a screenshot. this time its not even giving me the error but its been on this file for about 15 minutes.And heres a pic of the file clearly in the folder.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-25 13:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Torrent
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-25 13:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Torrent
I don't understand what you're saying? That I should torrent it?

Or that you think that I torrented it and that's whats causing the problem? I'm using the physical retail copy.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-25 13:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to torrent it. There could be something wrong with the disc, your disc drive could not be spinning the disc fast enough (problem with external drives) etc etc. Torrenting is easier :/
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-25 13:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
You need to torrent it. There could be something wrong with the disc, your disc drive could not be spinning the disc fast enough (problem with external drives) etc etc. Torrenting is easier :/
Well, another thing is I've installed it before with this same disc on this same computer. Last time everything was real swift and straight forward.

Might end up torrenting. Was hoping to be able to play before the weekend was over. Gah.
By Artemicion 2011-03-25 13:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Step 1: You will need to download this

Step 2: You will also need to download this

Step 3: Google search: Final Fantasy XI Torrent; find a semi-reliable source for the torrent such as The Pirate Bay and make sure it covers all expansions and has at least some feedback.

Step 4: Download the torrent and start it up from the software you got in the second link.

Step 5: After download is complete, load the ISO file from the software you got in the first link and it will operate as if the disc were in your optical drive. Install and enjoy.

Alternative:
Go here and download the client, and purchase the game for download for what I would imagine would still be $5.
My apologies, it will be $10, but Steam is reliable nonetheless.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-25 13:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

try making an image of the disc and then installing from the image, if it is indeed a speed issue that will resolve it

edit: without the need to wait for a torrent
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-25 13:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
try making an image of the disc and then installing from the image, if it is indeed a speed issue that will resolve it

What program can I use to make the disc into a .img or .iso?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-25 13:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sandolphon said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

What program can I use to make the disc into a .img or .iso?

alcohol 120% (i think) will make it into a usable image, I use nero, just about any image making software should work
By Artemicion 2011-03-25 15:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If it becomes a problem I can send you that individual data file so you can swap it in and continue with your installation without the need for excessive software or downloading.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-25 17:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

well here's what I did. I just left it sitting on that file and when I got back home it had moved on but was still giving me errors. So I deleted *** everything and restarted and my friend brought over his Vana'diel Collection disc. Worked fine then. Not sure if it was the disc or maybe my computer made an error copying some of the files over initially, meh whatever. Now just to sit through the eight hours of updates. ^^
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-25 21:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sandolphon said:
well here's what I did. I just left it sitting on that file and when I got back home it had moved on but was still giving me errors. So I deleted *** everything and restarted and my friend brought over his Vana'diel Collection disc. Worked fine then. Not sure if it was the disc or maybe my computer made an error copying some of the files over initially, meh whatever. Now just to sit through the eight hours of updates. ^^

YOU GIVE ME NO RECOGNITION.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-27 00:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ashleh said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

YOU GIVE ME NO RECOGNITION.
WE'RE THE SAME PERSON!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-27 01:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sandolphon said:
While you got his disc over there, might wanna go ahead and use Alcohol 120% to rip it into an .iso, just in case. The trial is limited but only in how long you can continue using it, not in it's capabilities. I think it's 15 days.