Chatmon Script With Sound Waves, Need Advice?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Chatmon script with sound waves, need advice?
Chatmon script with sound waves, need advice?
 Unicorn.Tessy
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-03-25 13:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone,

I was sitting on work the other day and found this script a guy made for FFXI when buffs goes off. He said he was putting the script inside chatmon, and when wacthing his movie, it clearly gave a little sound. (using windows own sound waves I belive)

Anyway I tryed this today but nothing happends, so I wanted to ask you guys, what I'm might be doing wrong?

Should I put the script lines inside the chatmon </> Like here <> or below the accutal chatmon script?

This is how my chatmon log looks like now,including the script this player made

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<ChatMon>
<settings
DisableOnFocus="false"
TellSound="Tell"
ExamineSound="Examine"
EmoteSound="Emote"
TalkSound="Talk"
InviteSound="Invite"
SoundInterval="5"
/>
<!-- Add Triggers below. The line below is a comment for an example -->
<!-- Valid From entries: Say, Shout, Party, Linkshell, Tell, Invite, Emote, Examine, All -->
<!-- match should not be used for Emote. Examine matches to Examiners name, Invite matches to Inviters name. -->
<!-- <trigger match="*YourNickNameHere*" notmatch="*SomecommonMatch*" notfrom="Tell" from="Party|Linkshell" sound="Talk" /> -->
<trigger from="All" match="*skill rises*" sound="C:/i386/SOUND136.wav" />
<trigger from="All" match="*is no longer*" notmatch="*region*"sound="C:/i386/winSpaceError.wav" />
<trigger from="All" match="*effect wears off.*" sound="C:/i386/winSpaceError.wav" />
<trigger from="All" match="*is about to wear off.*" sound="C:/i386/winSpaceError.wav" />
<trigger from="All" match="*wishes to trade with you.*" sound="C:/i386/Blip.wav" />
<trigger from="All" match="*The Monster was concealing*" sound="C:/i386/SOUND136.wav" />
</ChatMon>

Thank you for reading my post, hope anyone can help. And I might add trying this on main RDM/WHM
 Unicorn.Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-03-25 18:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

No one knows anything about this? I even posted on windower to see if anyone knows anything how I fix it, so I can get the little sounds when buffs goes off.

But i forgot where I saw the movie, so can't contact the script maker myself, thats why turning to you for advice/suggestions.

/Tessy
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-03-25 18:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You might check to see if you have those files on your computer. If you are on a different os or file system then it won't be able to play it.
 Unicorn.Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-03-26 06:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
You might check to see if you have those files on your computer. If you are on a different os or file system then it won't be able to play it.

O.o I see, well I'm on windows 7, so guess I find the waves in Windows directory then, thanks for heads up, I'll try that :)
 Unicorn.Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-03-26 06:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking around, but not seeing any directory where it says sounds waves. Anyone who knows the direct path for Windows 7 64bit sound files so i can change them in the chatmon file as described above topics.
 Bismarck.Rinkydink
Server: Bismarck
user: rinkydink
By Bismarck.Rinkydink 2011-03-26 06:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

control panel>sounds> browse

mines in
C://Windows/media/landscape
 Unicorn.Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-03-26 06:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Rinkydink

Thanks for the info, I finally found mine, but the sound really bad, so guess I have to live without this little addon thing ^^

Thank you everyone for the advice and directions.

/Tessy
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-03-26 07:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tessy said:
@ Rinkydink

Thanks for the info, I finally found mine, but the sound really bad, so guess I have to live without this little addon thing ^^

Thank you everyone for the advice and directions.

/Tessy
Why not make some custom sounds and drop them into that folder..?
 Unicorn.Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-03-27 07:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said:
Unicorn.Tessy said:
@ Rinkydink Thanks for the info, I finally found mine, but the sound really bad, so guess I have to live without this little addon thing ^^ Thank you everyone for the advice and directions. /Tessy
Why not make some custom sounds and drop them into that folder..?

Hi Scizor,

That of course could be an options, but when it comes to such things I'm stupid like a door :P, so I never know what to do never the less where to start :)

But huge thanks for the advice :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1891 days between previous and next post]
By Agile 2016-05-30 18:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, this is the only forum the helped me. Took me a while to figure out how to change sounds, that "Incoming Tell" was killing me lol.

This is What I put in my ChatMon.xml, I liked the ideas from Tessy so don't mind if I took some of the ones you had posted:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<ChatMon>
<settings
DisableOnFocus="false"
TellSound="C:\Windows\Media\Calligraphy\Windows Battery Critical.wav"
ExamineSound="Examine"
EmoteSound="Emote"
TalkSound="Talk"
InviteSound="Invite"
SoundInterval="5"
DisableFilters="false"
/>
<!-- Add Triggers below. The line below is a comment for an example -->
<!-- Valid From entries: Say, Shout, Party, Linkshell, Tell, Invite, Emote, Examine, All -->
<!-- match should not be used for Emote. Examine matches to Examiners name, Invite matches to Inviters name. -->
<!-- <trigger match="*YourNickNameHere*" notmatch="*SomecommonMatch*" notfrom="Tell" from="Party|Linkshell" sound="Talk" /> -->
<trigger from="All" match="*skill rises*" sound="C:\Windows\Media\tada.wav" />
<trigger from="All" match="*effect wears off.*" sound="C:\Windows\Media\chimes.wav" />
<trigger from="All" match="*is about to wear off.*" sound="C:\Windows\notify.wav" />

</ChatMon>