SE pls let the ps2 die
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Nimrot
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Nimrot
By Asura.Nimrot 2011-03-24 13:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

well in my opinion SE should let the ps2 die or transfer all ps2 user on a ps2 server if you guys dont wana buy a cheap notebook.
i guess new maps would bring a lot of oldschool player back in the track its rly ridiculous to limit the game development and all the other ppl just for a few on a old system....
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Server: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-24 13:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

k
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-24 13:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Removing the PS2 from the equation wouldn't change anything anymore. FFXI is a dying game, and one that SE aren't willing to put money into.

In fact removing access from the PS2 would simply kill the game faster. They're not going to re-write code for the entire game, especially with the state of the game currently.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-24 13:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

pl0x SE
[+]
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
Server: Titan
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2011-03-24 13:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets let Nimrot die :) At least that sounds more productive.
[+]
 Cerberus.Gezira
Server: Cerberus
user: Gezira
By Cerberus.Gezira 2011-03-24 14:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I was talking with a buddy about this yesterday, though I have no idea if its only the PS2 holding us back from that but if so I think its an excellent Idea. Fresh zones and maps for the 90-99 new content would be really exciting. The PS2 is old as *** now anyways , its successor has been out for years already, Its time imo too!

And um maybe gobbiebag XI, XII, XIII, XIV.. so on etc :D if we lose the ps2 haha, {Can I has It?}
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-24 14:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish people actually understood that removing PS2 access actually wouldn't change anything as the limitations are hard coded into FF as a whole.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2011-03-24 14:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Removing the PS2 from the equation wouldn't change anything anymore. FFXI is a dying game, and one that SE aren't willing to put money into.

In fact removing access from the PS2 would simply kill the game faster. They're not going to re-write code for the entire game, especially with the state of the game currently.

This
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I wish people actually understood that removing PS2 access actually wouldn't change anything as the limitations are hard coded into FF as a whole.

and This

/thread
[+]
 Asura.Nimrot
By Asura.Nimrot 2011-03-24 14:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Flionheart well good Graphics is not everything SE want money if more and more ppl come back i could imagine SE would give FFXI a few more years

@Guenhwyvar ps2 ppl found it ?? and btw im bst i neva die we just take a nap XD
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-03-24 14:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Aren't a majority of the jp player base PS2 users? Think I heard that somewhere.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-24 14:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nimrot said:
@ Flionheart well good Graphics is not everything SE want money if more and more ppl come back i could imagine SE would give FFXI a few more years

@Guenhwyvar ps2 ppl found it ?? and btw im bst i neva die we just take a nap XD

But more and more people won't come back. The Limitations are hard coded into FFXI as a whole, and SE won't be willing to spend more money on a possible and likely money losing venture.

Why do you think we're getting server merges?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-03-24 14:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
You people need to understand. It's an old game. Sure, people COULD come back. But there will be NO NEW PEOPLE. They'd be better off remaking a new MMO from scratch, make it exactly like FFXI (with some changes of course), and try marketing it as FFXIV.
^They tried this lol
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-03-24 14:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Flion, checkmating sillyness/stupidity faster than I can blink.
Lakshmi.Jaguarx said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Removing the PS2 from the equation wouldn't change anything anymore. FFXI is a dying game, and one that SE aren't willing to put money into. In fact removing access from the PS2 would simply kill the game faster. They're not going to re-write code for the entire game, especially with the state of the game currently.
This
Shiva.Flionheart said:
and This /thread
 Gilgamesh.Dionel
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Dionel
By Gilgamesh.Dionel 2011-03-24 14:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Nimrot said:
@ Flionheart well good Graphics is not everything SE want money if more and more ppl come back i could imagine SE would give FFXI a few more years @Guenhwyvar ps2 ppl found it ?? and btw im bst i neva die we just take a nap XD
But more and more people won't come back. The Limitations are hard coded into FFXI as a whole, and SE won't be willing to spend more money on a possible and likely money losing venture. Why do you think we're getting server merges?
Think? Flion, you're asking the impossible out of him.
 Asura.Bonlack
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2011-03-24 14:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want better graphics play a different game and stfu. I personally play on a Ps2 and I've been playing since 04. Like everyone said the game is hard coded to play for these types of systems. Sure I could prolly get it for Ps3 but why the *** am I gonna spend extra money to get what? A wireless controller, big whoop, the graphics will be the same. To upgrade they'd need to make an entirely new game which they aren't going to do.
[+]
 Asura.Nimrot
By Asura.Nimrot 2011-03-24 14:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

@Flionheart of course we loose more and more ppl and FFXI is old all right maybe the point is ppl get tired to c always the same maps fighting same mobs just in stronger versions nothing to discover in the areas wells lot of ppl that try XIV are back in XI now maybe its same effect...
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-03-24 14:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Letting the PS2 die isn't the problem. They aren't making design decisions based on reverse compatibility for the PS2 anymore.

They're doing it based on the fact they have no budget and no developers left to rewrite and expand the game past that bar.

Trust me, SE is not chomping at the bit to drop another several million dollars on re-hiring a current-gen development and art team, to appease a few hundred thousand people who will likely just keep playing anyway, and then going "Damn, if it wasn't for that meddling PS2!"
[+]
 Sylph.Zohnax
Server: Sylph
user: Baelfael
By Sylph.Zohnax 2011-03-24 14:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Letting the PS2 die isn't the problem. They aren't making design decisions based on reverse compatibility for the PS2 anymore.

They're doing it based on the fact they have no budget and no developers left to rewrite and expand the game past that bar.

Trust me, SE is not chomping at the bit to drop another several million dollars on re-hiring a current-gen development and art team, to appease a few hundred thousand people who will likely just keep playing anyway, and then going "Damn, if it wasn't for that meddling PS2!"
Can just give FFXI FFXIVs team, npnp.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jile
Server: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2011-03-24 14:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The sad state of <auto text> is due to the limitation of the ps2, the fact our macros have 6 lines is due to the ps2 limitations...the graphics.....ugg.

Yeah, pushing the ps2's to one server sounds great - then one nice fat update for everyone else and we could have a complete auto text, 30 line macros.... the orig graphics back for smn's? oh my.

That said, SE probably isn't going to do these things because as people mentioned they think xi is dying...and to some extent they're right, which is why we're going through merges once again.

Personally though, if SE did a "FFXI 2011" and re-marketed it with the new graphics and with new zones for 99 with new 99 hnm's, I think xi could make the comeback needed to turn some of these merging servers back online lol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jaxson
Server: Cerberus
user: Jaxson
By Cerberus.Jaxson 2011-03-24 14:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This may be ignorant of me as I don't have xiv, but why couldn't someone use a program like altana viewer to find the race and enemies (which look largely similar to me), couldn't you then recode them into xi? Maybe some other things too?
Perhaps even find some player's willing to work on a total graphics overhaul as a mod
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2011-03-24 15:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well actually my hope is ff14 crash fast so developpers can come back to ff11...there's some hope, director of Se himself finally admited ff14 was a ***lolz.

Seriously theres more peoples on ff11 compare to lolff14 who is goin down and down...after a while the LOGIC will be : save the one who got a chance!

And i'm sorry but for make monsters and lands in 3d like they are in ff11 you DONT NEED hundreads of peoples, if they know there job 10 peoples can do a zone+mobs easy in a month, in 6 months you do an extenssion.

They made it for ff14! lulz ;p
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-03-24 15:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do people insist on making requests to SE... when this isnt an official SE forum and is seen as cheating >.> Go post in the official FFXI forum.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-03-24 16:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

OP has Korpg on friends tab.

nuff said.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2011-03-24 16:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No one read Se forum too anyway ;p
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Why do people insist on making requests to SE... when this isnt an official SE forum and is seen as cheating >.> Go post in the official FFXI forum.
No one from Se read Se forum too anyway ;p
Se listen to Fans ? Lmao...
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-24 16:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shinier graphics will not bring people to XI. Content will not bring people to XI. It will merely make current players a little less of a reason to leave, but they're still leaving regardless.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-03-24 16:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tuvae said:

We're cheating by using this site? orly
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-03-24 16:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Until we can convince a multi-million dollar corporation to funnel millions a game that relies on the steadfast payments of devotees with no basis for promoting a new user base; the best we can do is promote PC players with custom/HQ dat swaps.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-03-24 16:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Until we can convince a multi-million dollar corporation to funnel millions a game that relies on the steadfast payments of devotees with no basis for promoting a new user base; the best we can do is promote PC players with custom/HQ dat swaps.

Best we can hope for is more expansions ie. copy/paste of current zones, and hopefully the next ffmmo will reflect ffxi a little more than 14 currently does.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-03-24 16:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:

We're cheating by using this site? orly
third party tool. You gain advantages over other players by using a system/program that isnt approved by SE. So technically, yes.
[+]
First Page 2 3