Seals
First Page 2
 Titan.Tearxx
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Tearxx
By Titan.Tearxx 2011-03-23 21:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

While i am in a linkshell that will be able to speed things up, im trying to figure out how to speed up getting the seals for af3 +1 by myself/ duo with my cousin (hes a DNC). What would be the best thing to do?
 Shiva.Vale
Server: Shiva
user: Borin
By Shiva.Vale 2011-03-23 21:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill things... things that drop the seals you are after
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-03-23 21:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Dnc can prob solo most seal mobs. Make sure you have all triggers on blm. Dnc tanks you spam triggers. Best bet.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-03-23 21:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Vale said:
Kill things... things that drop the seals you are after
This sounds like a douchebag answer, but it's really not. The two alternatives for +1 seals are quests, or killing things. Killing things is waaaaaaaaaaaay faster. If you have 0 friends on line and can't solo, then sure, do some quests (I'd start with quests that can give you more than one seal you need), but yeah, kill the NMs every chance you get.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-03-23 21:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill the nms that drop your seals? Dnc could solo most if not all nms for a particular seal they're/you're after or if you wanna proc yellow could shout for players with useful jobs for seals neither of you want. Would of thought this was fairly common knowledge and happened on all servers as the norm.

Edit : beat to it.
 Titan.Tearxx
By Titan.Tearxx 2011-03-23 21:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Im SMN main and taking up BRD next. BRD can force yellow in place of BLM yes?
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-03-23 21:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Tearxx said:

Brd has less chance to proc yellow three threnodies for three elemental days that the yellow proc could be vs 12ish blm spells across 3 ele days. So you wouldnt take brd over blm for yellow could lvl blm if you havent and go blm/brd.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-03-23 21:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Titan.Tearxx said:

Brd has less chance to proc yellow three threnodies for three elemental days that the yellow proc could be vs 12ish blm spells across 3 ele days.

^
Nin, Brd, Blu and Blm can proc yellow. Blm is by far the best option if you can only have 1.
 Titan.Tearxx
By Titan.Tearxx 2011-03-23 21:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm alrighty
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-23 21:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no such thing as forcing yellow. When you claim or pop an NM randomly 1 spell out of 24 possibilities will be chosen to be the yellow proc spell. If you have discernment that will help a lot cause than you will be down to 1/8 spells being it. Bard only has 1 proc spell for every day so they have a 1/8 chance to have the spell. As for blm they have 4/8 spells for each day except light and dark. For lightsday if they sub whm they will have 3/8 otherwise none. For dark they have 3/8, 4/8 if subbing rdm or sch.

Point is when low manning with blm as only procer you have a 1/2 chance of procing rather than a 1/8 chance with bard.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-03-23 21:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Read This

This will help if you haven't quite learned how yellow weakness works yet.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-03-23 21:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Force yellow , proc yellow I think they meant same thing and other stuff you said bin mentioned pretty much.
 Titan.Tearxx
By Titan.Tearxx 2011-03-23 21:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright thanks. Guess BLM looks like the easiest way to do this.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-23 21:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Force yellow , proc yellow I think they meant same thing and other stuff you said bin mentioned pretty much.

ya it wasnt there yet when I had been typing my long reply; ; I always fail at timing.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-23 21:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather do 90% of the quest than soloing nms. Without blue proc or significant TH your droprate can be almost as low as the quest, greater chance of failure and generallly take longer to kill.

I finally stopped back after I did 9 of 1 NM in a row and only got 2 seals neither one I was going for
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-23 21:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
ya it wasnt there yet when I had been typing my long reply; ; I always fail at timing.
Theres always trying to reset nm if you can. I do that sometimes for red
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-03-23 21:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats a good point though if you plan to get max fame in all zones dont like try nm for 6 hours trying to get last 2 seals for a piece of gear as there is probably a spammable quest youll only need to do for fame anyway. I lost a fair ammount of heroes zones seals by doing the nms 1st before fame.
 Titan.Tearxx
By Titan.Tearxx 2011-03-23 21:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So get max fame first then see what i need?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-23 21:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Some quests are just awesome too. I'm looking at you sausage quest... like 30-45 sec in zone time per try

Hero's quests suck though. Granted so do most the nms. But had to do it for fame /sigh.

But yeah if you going for fame or think you might ever need it I'd do that first if you got the stones to spare
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-03-23 22:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Having high fame in certain zones is a nice pay-off in itself (aside from the ability to do certain seal quests.) There are a few zones that have high-fame quests that have great rewards.

The ones that come to mind are:

Misareaux: Destiny Odyssey
Vunkerl: Whither the Whisker

Spamming some form of seal quest in those zones, along with doing an easy Bastion OP every game day will create massive fame in those zones after a short while, letting you get the two abyssite rewards from these (along with all the seals you would have been working up anyhow.)
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-03-23 22:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Some quests are just awesome too. I'm looking at you sausage quest... like 30-45 sec in zone time per try

Hero's quests suck though. Granted so do most the nms. But had to do it for fame /sigh.

But yeah if you going for fame or think you might ever need it I'd do that first if you got the stones to spare
Teach me Das, I need seals.... Bad!!
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-23 22:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly by far the fastest way to get seals is find an NM you and your friend needs seals from. Reserve those 2 and shout for 2 more people. Im not sure what jobs the two of you have available but with a 4 man group you want thief to tank and TH and blm to proc whm to heal if the nm is hard, if its not hard can get extra procers like blu and bard.
By Titan.Pierceddarkness 2011-03-23 22:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Tear just do the nm's it is fast and easy if you have tank blm and healer. I maybe could help depending on what seals are dropping!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-23 22:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
Teach me Das, I need seals.... Bad!!
Really depends on which ones you need. Like sausage one I need the rng and rdm leg seals. So just made trade maccro and ran thru rq.

The chocobo one in attowha is pretty good if you have a partner since you can do it together to both get it down but basically cut the running in half. Some really suck and are like 5-7 min in zone time. But given how long it takes to solo most the nms possibly pop items for them and the crap droprate without blue or TH... if you have to solo alot of times your better off just doing quests. Hell sometimes even when you are on thf it's horrible.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-23 22:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Honestly by far the fastest way to get seals is find an NM you and your friend needs seals from. Reserve those 2 and shout for 2 more people. Im not sure what jobs the two of you have available but with a 4 man group you want thief to tank and TH and blm to proc whm to heal if the nm is hard, if its not hard can get extra procers like blu and bard.
I often actually go on blm then warp out if not mine to blu lol. Don't have /brd lvld though
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-03-23 22:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
I often actually go on blm then warp out if not mine to blu lol. Don't have /brd lvld though

Yah normally doing NMs is by far the fastest way, but there are a few quests, like Dasva mentions that are on-par with speed of completion and payout of seals with doing NMs pop-to-repop with a team. Aside from the ones he mentioned, "Soil and Green" comes to mind as one of the absolute quickest quests you can do very easily in a matter of seconds that has a high payout rate.
 Titan.Bomber
user: Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2011-03-23 22:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol why ppl think bringing a BLM you have achieved 95% of chance in yellow.. im a 90BLM and is never BLM XD i have lost count already of times we couldnt trigger having NIN,BLM,BLU but missing a BRD
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-23 22:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:

Yah normally doing NMs is by far the fastest way, but there are a few quests, like Dasva mentions that are on-par with speed of completion and payout of seals with doing NMs pop-to-repop with a team. Aside from the ones he mentioned, "Soil and Green" comes to mind as one of the absolute quickest quests you can do very easily in a matter of seconds that has a high payout rate.

Seems like its only just Misreax though (legs) Head and feet quests sucks. Never bothered looking into hands and body quests.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-23 22:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Bomber said:
lol why ppl think bringing a BLM you have achieved 95% of chance in yellow.. im a 90BLM and is never BLM XD i have lost count already of times we couldnt trigger having NIN,BLM,BLU but missing a BRD

As I already stated its a 50% chance 5/7 days. If you are forced to bring only one procer its by far your best choice although its no guarantee of course.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-23 22:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Bomber said:
You just had bad luck. And get someone to /brd silly.
First Page 2