FFXI Melee Damage Comparator V5.1.0 (20March2011)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Melee Damage Comparator v5.1.0 (20March2011)
FFXI Melee Damage Comparator v5.1.0 (20March2011)
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Masamunai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Masamunai
By Cerberus.Masamunai 2011-03-20 16:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Released v5.1.0

- A few minor bugs fixed.
- Player stats lvl75+ are still wrong +/- 1-2: use "Adjustement" cells for correction.
- Major rewriting of equipements databases (transposed) + updated with new equipements.
- a lot of formulas simplified in attempt to make the tool a bit faster (some matricial ones will induce errors on Excel2003 and older). Semi-automatic inputs are still slow but works.
- Magical and New WSs added.

Please report any bugs i may have missed (other than the known issue above).
Suggestions and Errored results too are welcome (please avoid "eyeballed numbers" in reports).

Download and issues reporting available @ GoogleCode Site
[+]
 Cerberus.Masamunai
By Cerberus.Masamunai 2011-03-23 10:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Released v5.1.1

- Bug fixes (notably StackedTimeActive and HasteSamba)
- Some equipements added
- ConserveTp added : beware i had to turn on in Excel Options "Allow Iterations" (Max=7, max error=0.01), due to its formula involved in WSTPreturn calculations, AND is calculated with avgWSTP, making a loop.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-23 10:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

;>_>?
 Ifrit.Showmo
Server: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2011-03-23 10:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This thing is huge but very informative. Looks pretty accurate though, excellent work! This will definitely help me out with making gearset decisions.
 Cerberus.Masamunai
By Cerberus.Masamunai 2011-03-23 13:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep its "size" is non user-friendly ;; trying to find solutions tough...

Released v5.1.2

- Found a bug with Offhand DMG
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-23 13:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming he is the same Masamune from BG, the information is likely legitimate.
[+]
 Cerberus.Masamunai
By Cerberus.Masamunai 2011-03-23 14:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes i'm the same Masa from BG, but that doesnot mean my tool is "accurate" < <
That's why i'm trying to get feedbacks/tests as much i can :s
(by "test" i mean non eyeballed numbers, otherwise ...)
 Ifrit.Showmo
By Ifrit.Showmo 2011-03-24 11:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe I found a few small bugs (for ver.5.1.2):

Adding "WarCry" under the "JAs used" for Setup 2 seems to mess something up in the formula, causing most of the fields for Setup 2 to display as "#NAME?".

The Store TP formula doesn't seem to include the grip (and maybe weapon also?) in the final "Rounds to WS" result from the "WS SET". My "TP / hit" displays as 16.7, which is correct for my "TP SET". In my WS set, the only Store TP I lose is 1 Store TP from neck piece, which bumps me down to 16.6 TP gain from using WS (Tachi: Gekko btw). 16.7 TP per hit * 5 melee hits = 83.5 TP + 16.6 TP from WS = 100.1 TP gain total, which should bump me to a 6-hit, but it accounts all reported damage (and "Comparison Winner") as a 7-hit.

When I change the "Main Job Level" to 75 (seems to be level 77 and lower), some of the fields for that setup display as the "#NUM!" error. I double checked and confirmed that I was not using any equipment or job abilities that exceeded the level I had inputted.
Additional Info: I tested this out with Setup 2, I get a similar error, but when reverting the level back to 90, the error remains until I completely close the Excel file and start over from scratch.

Other than the above, I have not come across any other bugs. I'll post back if I do find more. Once again, nice work with the Damage Comparator!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-24 11:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll check it out when I get the chance, but Kinematics spreadsheets will be hard to top.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-24 11:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

War is missing from subjob lists
 Ifrit.Showmo
By Ifrit.Showmo 2011-03-24 12:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Make sure WAR isn't already selected as the Main Job and give it a second to load once you change the Main Job to something else (it'll say "Calculating" at the bottom right bar of Excel, at least in the 2007 version). I had this happen to me, and was confused by it at first as well until I changed jobs around.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-03-24 13:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks impressive and the fact that it actually has Drk is a bonus for me...

Anyways it is calculating the difference in my aftermath sets between a 5 and 6 hit build to be a draw.... which if correct is interesting.

How accurate from your tests is this? Just wondering.

Oh and I don't think it adds Relics(90) +25% damage on relic /ws.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-24 15:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Showmo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Make sure WAR isn't already selected as the Main Job and give it a second to load once you change the Main Job to something else (it'll say "Calculating" at the bottom right bar of Excel, at least in the 2007 version). I had this happen to me, and was confused by it at first as well until I changed jobs around.
I ahd it sitting as mnk main for over 5 mins, lol but i guess i'll play w/ it again later
 Cerberus.Masamunai
By Cerberus.Masamunai 2011-03-24 15:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

1st thank you for your reports guys. I'll try to answer :
Ifrit.Showmo said:
I believe I found a few small bugs (for ver.5.1.2): Adding "WarCry" under the "JAs used" for Setup 2 seems to mess something up in the formula, causing most of the fields for Setup 2 to display as "#NAME?".
I failed to reproduce that bug on both Excel2003/2007 WinVista32 (works as intended for both setups). Could you save a copy of the sheet with all set up with that bug into a .zip and send it to the google site ("Issues Section") please ? Please specify also which Excel version you used.

Ifrit.Showmo said:
The Store TP formula doesn't seem to include the grip (and maybe weapon also?) in the final "Rounds to WS" result from the "WS SET". My "TP / hit" displays as 16.7, which is correct for my "TP SET". In my WS set, the only Store TP I lose is 1 Store TP from neck piece, which bumps me down to 16.6 TP gain from using WS (Tachi: Gekko btw). 16.7 TP per hit * 5 melee hits = 83.5 TP + 16.6 TP from WS = 100.1 TP gain total, which should bump me to a 6-hit, but it accounts all reported damage (and "Comparison Winner") as a 7-hit.
For the grip, i verified it does get accounted.
Actually i think there is a misunderstanding of the values displayed in Compare tab (maybe you missed the little info bubbles ?).
The TP/hit displayed is indeed the TP you get from each hit, like in game. On other hand, the WS TP return displayed is an AVERAGE that accounts for accuracy and multihits probabilities.
That means when you were expecting a WS TP return of 16.6% (ie 16.7% from TPset -1% from neck changed) it's the "base" tp return, but after accounting for accuracy (even capped there is still 5% misses) and possible DAs/TAs... you actually see in Compare a lower value(15.9%).
Same reasoning is applied for RoundsToWS, TimeToWS and TypicalWSTP.
Also, what i call "X-hits" = WS(1)+ConservedTP+Yhits*TP/hit > MinWSTP => Xhits=Y+1, which means in your example: WS(1)+0+5hits=15.9%+0+5*16.7%=99.4%, so needs another hit to hit more than MinWSTP(100%), ie 15.9%+6*16.7%=116.1% => 7-hits build (with an overflow of 16.1% TP when WSing).
Hope that will clear understandings?

Ifrit.Showmo said:
When I change the "Main Job Level" to 75 (seems to be level 77 and lower), some of the fields for that setup display as the "#NUM!" error. I double checked and confirmed that I was not using any equipment or job abilities that exceeded the level I had inputted. Additional Info: I tested this out with Setup 2, I get a similar error, but when reverting the level back to 90, the error remains until I completely close the Excel file and start over from scratch.
Mmmm... i failed to reproduce thazt also ;; Can you make a copy(s) with those bugs and send them (zipped) to the site please ?

Asura.Arkanethered said:
it is calculating the difference in my aftermath sets between a 5 and 6 hit build to be a draw.
Oh and I don't think it adds Relics(90) +25% damage on relic /ws.
No surprise there: even tough those features seems to be "there", they arenot integrated into the damage calculations yet, hence the draw. Also check the comment on the "DRAW" cell (hover your mouse on the cell) b(^^)
Asura.Arkanethered said:
How accurate from your tests is this? Just wondering
That's the most important question i'm always asking to myself when i code. Unfortunately, especially since i'm alone, rigorous tests are rare. I would go in a limb and say something like barely 30% of FF11 game Mechanics have been thorougly tested (a good chunk of values you see on wikis and forums are most of the time from StudioGobli which doesnot provide the tests that led them to such or such value, or eyeballed loltests on forums...). But despite that i made myself a few tests and coded the adequate formulas to match what KParser showed. The other formulas are base from StudioGobli and the very rare rigorous tests i could find on Allak, FF11AH and mainly BG forums, made by persons like Motentenn CDF Kirchy etc...
That's why i need when possible, besides the bug reports, rigorously parsed tests showing my formulas are wrong. Best way to obtain an "accurate" damage calculator.
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
Server: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-03-24 15:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Impressive, planning to play with this in the future when I find more time.
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-03-24 15:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I saw the disclaimer. I was just surprised that a 5 hit and 6 hit Apoc were that close (assuming it is correct).

Looking forward to see this evolve.

If you need any specific parses, let me know and Ill gladly contribute some free time.
 Ifrit.Showmo
By Ifrit.Showmo 2011-03-24 17:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Masamunai said:
I failed to reproduce that bug on both Excel2003/2007 WinVista32 (works as intended for both setups). Could you save a copy of the sheet with all set up with that bug into a .zip and send it to the google site ("Issues Section") please ? Please specify also which Excel version you used.
Submitted, and included screenshots. Thanks for looking into it. Just curious, but what Excel version did you use to make the spreadsheet? Perhaps 2007 is a bit outdated for the formulas being used?

Cerberus.Masamunai said:
For the grip, i verified it does get accounted.
Actually i think there is a misunderstanding of the values displayed in Compare tab (maybe you missed the little info bubbles ?).
The TP/hit displayed is indeed the TP you get from each hit, like in game. On other hand, the WS TP return displayed is an AVERAGE that accounts for accuracy and multihits probabilities.
That means when you were expecting a WS TP return of 16.6% (ie 16.7% from TPset -1% from neck changed) it's the "base" tp return, but after accounting for accuracy (even capped there is still 5% misses) and possible DAs/TAs... you actually see in Compare a lower value(15.9%).
Same reasoning is applied for RoundsToWS, TimeToWS and TypicalWSTP.
Also, what i call "X-hits" = WS(1)+ConservedTP+Yhits*TP/hit > MinWSTP => Xhits=Y+1, which means in your example: WS(1)+0+5hits=15.9%+0+5*16.7%=99.4%, so needs another hit to hit more than MinWSTP(100%), ie 15.9%+6*16.7%=116.1% => 7-hits build (with an overflow of 16.1% TP when WSing).
Hope that will clear understandings?
Thanks for the explanation, it makes more sense after reading. Though, do you think it will skew the results a bit? Using the gear setup from the files I sent to you on the Google site (you can use the Warcry bugged one, just remove Warcry to "fix" the bug and have a usable copy), if you look at the Comparison Winner, the DMG diff. ends up being a draw (0.47% difference). But under Set 2 (the SAM/WAR character), if you change the WS body from Kirin's Osode to Hachiman Domaru (which has 2 less STR, 6 Store TP, and 8 Weapon Skill Accuracy, though Weapon Skill Accuracy should be capped), the DMG diff. jumps to 11.74%, and the SAM/WAR is now the winner, although he lost 2 STR from his WS set and only gained 6 Store TP. (Which shouldn't matter since both chars would have 6-hit setup regardless of using Hachiman Domaru or Kirin's Osode, right?) Or is this a bug? I don't think weapon skilling in 2 less STR for 6 Store TP would increase the parse by a whole 11.74%, would it?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2011-03-24 18:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't seem to get it to actually account for WS; in the output table it's stuck on "No WS!" even when I put one in.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-24 18:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

this is very much appreciated
 Ifrit.Showmo
By Ifrit.Showmo 2011-03-24 18:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said:
I can't seem to get it to actually account for WS; in the output table it's stuck on "No WS!" even when I put one in.
Make sure you're selecting the Weapon Skill from the drop down menu in the main "Compare" tab from the pane that says "WS Play Style" (though I think it can be typed if grammar is exact). Also put in a TP value at 100% or greater for the "Min. WS TP" field, otherwise it doesn't calculate the Weapon Skill at all.
 Asura.Toxleh
user: Toxeus
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-03-24 19:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I have added in every field correct and i have done it twice in a row from a fresh start now, and it still refuses to give me a figure for the # of times i ws for setup 1. its only for setup 1, and without this data it doesnt complete its comparison

it just says #value in the spot where it should say ws frequency
 Cerberus.Masamunai
By Cerberus.Masamunai 2011-03-24 19:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

v5.1.3 released

- ConserveTP formula corrected in light to a test buried deep into Allak forums < < Thank You Motenten (direct consequence: no more circular referencing, ie faster)
- a few typos fixed => Warcry + FowlingEar reported bugs fixed
- fixed a bug with TPbonus in certain situation (cells "dTP")
- removed also the semi-automatic input feature as it seems to lag the tool.

Toxleh, can you make a copy with all set up in such way you get the "bug", and send it zipped to the GoogleCode site under "Issues" Section please ?
Much faster for me to find where bug come from and to fix.

For ShowMo, thank you for your excellent report, i fixed the 2 1st bugs you reported (stupid typos...) but the 3rd one were actually the WS Set 1 where there were a bug with TPbonus (yielding an overflow TP of -84% lol ;;)
 Leviathan.Alas
Server: Leviathan
user: alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2011-03-24 19:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Have used this for awhile and love it! Thanks for the update and all the hard work.

Any chance of seeing a regain slot under stats? Or adding an atma section? Been trying to compare 5 hit and 6 hit builds that rely on regain for ws frequency. Or is there another work around for this? (Guess I could add it as an STp value, but this would assume a static two tics of regain)
A straight add of regain would help with items like Moonshade earring as well.

Thanks again!
 Quetzalcoatl.Roark
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Roark 2011-03-24 19:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

has got to be the most badass spreadsheet ive ever seen
 Sylph.Merow
user: geefresh
By Sylph.Merow 2011-03-24 20:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Rudra's storm wasn't showing up in the ws list when I had twashtar equipped. Pretty sure I had everything set up right.
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-03-24 20:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

issue submitted, also I'm /sadface because there is no beir belt +1 on the list for ws belt possibilities
 Ifrit.Showmo
By Ifrit.Showmo 2011-03-24 20:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Merow said:
Rudra's storm wasn't showing up in the ws list when I had twashtar equipped. Pretty sure I had everything set up right.
The same goes for two other relic weapons I've checked out (Amanomurakumo, Mandau). I figured they weren't implemented yet, but after checking the WS tab and seeing them listed, I suppose this is a bug?
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-24 20:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

unless im doing something wrong instead of rng /ra-ing for tp, it's swinging the staff.

also i get #REF when i put in a ranged ws

furthermore while wearing a vulcan staff and having a bow on for rng, im unable to change the overall play style from 2handed to ranged attack, same from un-equiping the staff: cant changed from h2h.
 Asura.Antaress
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2011-03-24 21:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

would it work if I uploaded it into google docs? i don't have excel :/ sorry if it's a dumb question, i'm not the smartest when it comes to computers lol
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-03-24 21:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Antaress said:
would it work if I uploaded it into google docs? i don't have excel :/ sorry if it's a dumb question, i'm not the smartest when it comes to computers lol
quick fix = pirate office 07! lol
First Page 2 3