Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » America's Message
America's Message
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-21 12:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...

hold on, wait a minute. Let me wrap my mind around it...

France finally found their nuts under all that bush!?

/shakes head

They *** are they gonna drop in ***, stale baguettes and bottles of shitty wine?!
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-21 17:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Phioness said:
@ Flionheart. Seeing as your a person who enjoys just to stir things up and can barely get beyond typing a few sentences in a retort I can conclude 3 things.

1. Obviously you didn't do to well in Russian (or is that flag BS as your statements?) education
2. You didn't read any Tolstoy, or if you did, couldn't understand the moral principles within. Particularly those dealing with respect to others.
3. Your dad/mom didn't whoop your *** enough and teach you proper manners and respect.

Since your last retort was lacking (as your personality is on this forum) I'll leave you to your own petty rantings.

Making a retort longer than it needs to be just to act pseudo intelligent isn't something I'm into. Simply put, Get over it.

1) I'm not Russian, I change my flag often.
2) Pot, Kettle, Black.
3) If you need a whooping to learn manners and respect then you had bad parents to start with.

I don't even know who you are, but I'm sure with all that pent up anger you could light a city for several weeks.

How does it make you feel to know your sacrifice was pointless? Mad?
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Server: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-21 17:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i still don't see why people mad at fli
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-03-21 17:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

People just be mad, I think.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-21 17:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:

He wasted his time as a marine and he's bitter.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-21 17:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and he could also be mad at me from XI seeing as he's on the same server.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-21 17:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:

He wasted his time as a marine and he's bitter.

i really dislike people who think they deserve respect while being total ***

marine or not :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-03-21 18:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be mad at me but U.S. lost Vietnam war and is losing Afghanistan's one. You can have all heavy weapons you want, there's one thing you have to know : people won't sell their country.
In my opinion war against Gaddafi is a major mistake that could lead the whole world to a war that no one has ever seen.
I really don't like Gaddafi because he's a dictator and oppress his own people but how can you interfere?

War is a way to earn more money, no money no war, no human rights no problem...
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-21 18:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said:
Don't be mad at me but U.S. lost Vietnam war and is losing Afghanistan's one. You can have all heavy weapons you want, there's one thing you have to know : people won't sell their country.
In my opinion war against Gaddafi is a major mistake that could lead the whole world to a war that no one has ever seen.
I really don't like Gaddafi because he's a dictator and oppress his own people but how can you interfere?

War is a way to earn more money, no money no war, no human rights no problem...

i thought france was involved there too
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-21 18:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

did france surrender yet?
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-03-22 14:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone talked about leaving and go to Iran or Egypt but lol living in those countries is safer than some of U.S. towns.
You have money to spend? Don't let your own people die hungry or live like dogs. Any human being would rather die than live like dog!!
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-03-22 15:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm no.... You are very misinformed. Nice try though.
 Asura.Kese
Server: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2011-03-22 15:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said:
Someone talked about leaving and go to Iran or Egypt but lol living in those countries is safer than some of U.S. towns.
You have money to spend? Don't let your own people die hungry or live like dogs. Any human being would rather die than live like dog!!
that is the dumbest ***ive ever heard.
 Caitsith.Jar
Server: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2011-03-22 15:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kidvicious said:
"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic>;< that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same>;<and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." I missed the babysit the world clause.

So thank you for proving my point about ignorance. Goes to show that no one knows what a semicolon is for. It denotes that the ideas in a sentence are interdependent on each other.

in·ter·de·pend·ent
–adjective
mutually dependent; depending on each other.

The connotation being that you WILL OBEY THE ORDERS TO DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION.

So according to most of the logic being presented, if California decided to separate tomorrow from the US, I would be bound to obey the orders to squash the rebellion? The notation that you would have to follow EVERYTHING 1 person says, as long as they fall in military regulations is absurd. If the president commands strikes on Canada tomorrow because they put gravy and his french fries and he is pissed about it, you think the military should just blindly do what they are told?

Yet again, THE MILITARY WAS CREATED TO DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION AND PEOPLE of the United States.

HE TOTALLY BLEW ME OFF I WANTED A COMEBACK TO THE ***I TALKED D:
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-03-22 15:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos said:
"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." I missed the babysit the world clause.
If I interpreted that line correctly then you are indeed doing what you signed up for: to do whatever the *** they tell you do do. You did indeed missed the "babysit the world" clause and the clauses about everything else because they are hidden behind that one line.
You are a dumb ***. See that little part I put in bold? I signed up to defend the American Constitution not the *** Libyan, Iraqi, and South Korean one. Don't put your nose in to this if your not intelligent to understand what your reading.

No offense or anything and just kinda curious atm... What did you expect to be doing in the military when you signed up? Also, what did you think a soldier for the United States Military does? I'm not exactly sure when you signed on and such but if its within the last 10 or so years wouldn't you have expected to spend some time overseas?
 Bismarck.Hbar
Server: Bismarck
user: Lumos
By Bismarck.Hbar 2011-03-22 15:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
"according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice"

What many ppl do not understand is that within that Uniform Code of Military Justice is the fact that an order has to be a legal one.

ANYONE in the military can refuse an order if it is an illegal order.

So, the president and anyone else giving an order has to first make sure that it is OK to give that order in the first place.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-03-24 00:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a bit of a catch in that, "has to be a legal order" phrase....

First being that unless you are a JAG, or any other branch form of legal person, it is hard to really identify a legal order. Then there is the potential of risking your entire career on that transgression.

In most cases where a person refuses an order based on that loop hole, your superior will find someone else to carry it out and you will be taken out of the loop, maybe court marshaled and taken out of duty until your hearing. Then you will either be vindicated or convicted based on the court marshal's verdict.

It is not that black and white, either way the order will most likely be executed whether you or some one else carries it out, and then there is the possibility of losing your retirement/vet benefits if you objected.

Not to say that your actions may not/have been heroic or justified. Just saying the repercussions can be tragic and possibly back fire.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-03-24 02:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek said:
The freedoms in America are what allow us to do things like poop on the flag if we want to. Of course the picture was probably not Americans, but still no reason to get all worked up over it.

Who even did get worked up over it and reported it? I missed it amongst all the posts.

Actually too, isn't there a law against defacing the flag? Or was that repealed or something. I can't remember, we learned about something like that in History class with flag burning and junk, but forgot most of it afterwards because there's not much reason (for me anyway at the moment) to burn or deface Amerca.

Haven't finished reading all the posts in this topic but there is no law that bans doing anything to the American flag. In fact, the Supreme Court upheld the right to burn/tear/ect the flag as protected under the Constitution as free speech.

Edit: Sorry here is source forgot to put it in earlier, Texas vs. Johnson
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-03-24 02:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Being in the military, trying to serve my country and uphold our morals to the highest standards, I think I would lay out the person who trashes a flag for any reason other than that they are not of the U.S. If you are from the U.S., and you don't want to be, move. If you are of the U.S., and think its going in the wrong direction, it is your responsibility to try to change things. If you feel that you can't, you're doing it wrong.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10