What Will KA's Window Be When Servers Are Back On?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » What will KA's window be when servers are back on?
What will KA's window be when servers are back on?
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-03-25 14:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming KA takes the maximum time (3hrs) to spawn...you coulda killed Ovni 4-6 a hr (assuming 10-15min respawn. I've personally killed ovni 4x in a hr, but not quite sure if 10 or 15 min repop. That's 12-18 chances of a 13.7% drop (bullwhip), vs a 8% drop (Velocious)...

Also, in a KI farming pt with 4 people...after 2hrs 2/4 should have a full lacovie set. Only 2ki needed and it seems to be the most common set to drop.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-25 14:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Osaia said:
Assuming KA takes the maximum time (3hrs) to spawn...you coulda killed Ovni 4-6 a hr (assuming 10-15min respawn. I've personally killed ovni 4x in a hr, but not quite sure if 10 or 15 min repop. That's 12-18 chances of a 13.7% drop (bullwhip), vs a 8% drop (Velocious)... Also, in a KI farming pt with 4 people...after 2hrs 2/4 should have a full lacovie set. Only 2ki needed and it seems to be the most common set to drop.
He clearly stated that it was for Drk. Drk can't wear Bullwhip.
[+]
 Ramuh.Ivebian
Server: Ramuh
user: Smg1388
By Ramuh.Ivebian 2011-03-27 10:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Osaia said:
Assuming KA takes the maximum time (3hrs) to spawn...you coulda killed Ovni 4-6 a hr (assuming 10-15min respawn. I've personally killed ovni 4x in a hr, but not quite sure if 10 or 15 min repop. That's 12-18 chances of a 13.7% drop (bullwhip), vs a 8% drop (Velocious)...

Also, in a KI farming pt with 4 people...after 2hrs 2/4 should have a full lacovie set. Only 2ki needed and it seems to be the most common set to drop.

What!? only 2 Ki's eh i guess you haven't done much empyrean farming in tahrongi you need a total of 10 KI's yes 10 thats right you have to kill a total of 15 NMs just to get a lacovie pop, and having to proc red on 10 of those... the 2 KI's that are actually used to pop lacovie come from glavoid and chloris not the most friendly sets to farm time-wise. so it is pretty similar to making a pop for AV but AV was designed for lv 75 players and lacovie was made for lv 80 so may be quite easier these days if you have a decent group only drawback is repop times in sea...keep in mind drop is pretty crappy on V. belt you could be camping for weeks to months.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-27 10:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Ivebian said:
What!? only 2 Ki's eh i guess you haven't done much empyrean farming in tahrongi you need a total of 10 KI's yes 10 thats right you have to kill a total of 15 NMs just to get a lacovie pop, and having to proc red on 10 of those... the 2 KI's that are actually used to pop lacovie come from glavoid and chloris not the most friendly sets to farm time-wise.

Or.
You could stop failing and properly farm KIs.
The Trophy KI from both Glavoid and Chloris are *quite* common in capped gold chests from tahrongi, and you should have no problem getting popsets if you are aiming for Goading belts.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-03-27 10:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Ivebian said:
Bismarck.Osaia said:

What!? only 2 Ki's eh i guess you haven't done much empyrean farming in tahrongi you need a total of 10 KI's yes 10 thats right you have to kill a total of 15 NMs just to get a lacovie pop, and having to proc red on 10 of those... the 2 KI's that are actually used to pop lacovie come from glavoid and chloris not the most friendly sets to farm time-wise. so it is pretty similar to making a pop for AV but AV was designed for lv 75 players and lacovie was made for lv 80 so may be quite easier these days if you have a decent group only drawback is repop times in sea...keep in mind drop is pretty crappy on V. belt you could be camping for weeks to months.
I believe he's referring to farming gold chest for KI.
 Ramuh.Ivebian
By Ramuh.Ivebian 2011-03-27 11:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

in our experience, low-man, NMs are the way to go gold boxes are just too random + you'd still have to kill glav and chloris too
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-27 11:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Ivebian said:
in our experience, low-man, NMs are the way to go gold boxes are just too random + you'd still have to kill glav and chloris too
Unsure If you can't read, or simply choose not to.
[+]
 Ramuh.Ivebian
By Ramuh.Ivebian 2011-03-27 11:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Ramuh.Ivebian said:
Unsure If you can't read, or simply choose not to.
that wasnt at you dude but im telling you we just finished emp H2H and almost finished with an emp dagger and we made alot more progress with NMs, you see with farming gold boxes you cant choose what KI is gonna be in that box can you no its very random you should pay attention
you start wasting pop sets when majority of ki's ur getting from boxes is gnat ki's or w/e you have 3-4 heads ur better off doin the NMs they arent hard and i dont think those 2 ki's from glav and chloris are very common in gold boxes fyi
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-27 12:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna say it real slow for you.
The OP was asking about KA for V Belt. Hence, the thread is about belts. Not Empyrean weapons.
Starting from scratch, it's much faster to gold box farm for a lacovie popset.
As for Empy Weapons, that's entirely dependent on how many 'holders' you have for KIs. As the number of players/mules goes up, Cleaving becomes more beneficial.
 Phoenix.Vael
Server: Phoenix
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-03-27 12:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course. It's a given that if you're farming for emps you probably want glavoid shells anyway.
 Ramuh.Ivebian
By Ramuh.Ivebian 2011-03-27 12:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

that is your opinion as it is my opinion that it faster to do the NMs
my group can farm a single lacovie set from NMs in about an hour if no competition for sure and we aren't big on numbers.
[+]
 Phoenix.Vael
Server: Phoenix
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-03-27 12:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Then why were you talking up the 10-15 NM KI thing like it was hard?
 Ramuh.Ivebian
By Ramuh.Ivebian 2011-03-27 12:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

he said you only needed 2 KI's that was the point i was making he said nothing about cleaving gold chests i have known ppl to just look up wiki and see that its two KI's only not looking further into where those KI's come from and what you need to pop it i was just making sure he was clear on that and didnt mislead ppl didnt mean to make it sound hard but after doing it sooo many times it does get tiring
[+]