End Of FFXI And FFXIV???

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » End of FFXI and FFXIV???
End of FFXI and FFXIV???
 Carbuncle.Rebwolf
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Rebwolf
By Carbuncle.Rebwolf 2011-03-16 19:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

First off I'm more concerned about people's live than this game. That being said, do you think there is a strong chance that SE will never recover from this? I'm saying this because Japan in itself has been slowly going under, and things are going to get worse before they get better I think.

This has probably been brought up several times, but I want answers to just this question so I created a post. Back when SE said the servers would be temporarily shut down for power, things were a lot better than they are now.

I for one believe this could be the end of this game. Didn't SE lose a lot of their workers for these games too?
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-16 19:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Roark
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Roark 2011-03-16 19:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

delayed maybe, there is still money to be made so it will go on
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-16 19:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh FFS..

This question gets asked like once a week, and has been for the last 2 years.

No, it's not dying, it's not going anywhere, as long as SE is able to make profit off the game (which it can) it will stand. FFXI will probably be around 10 years from now. There's absolutely no reason to shut down a game they've put so many years of work into as long as the money it brings in is more than what it costs to keep it maintained and running.

FFXI would have to be one weak *** game to have to shut down just because a disaster has forced them to temporarily shut down the servers.. Look at all the people bitching and whining about the servers being down, if this was the breaking point, no one would give a damn and just move on.
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-03-16 19:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rebwolf said:
This has probably been brought up several times, but I want answers to just this question so I created a post. Back when SE said the servers would be temporarily shut down for power, things were a lot better than they are now.
Bumping is hard apperently.
 Asura.Selennia
Server: Asura
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2011-03-16 19:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had a dollar for every time people feared FFXI might end, I'd be in the Bahamas enjoying a very early retirement.
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-03-16 19:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

why is there more than one question mark?
?
?
???????????????????????????????????????????
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-03-16 19:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-16 19:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, inb4 the whole "I just asked a question no reason to be a *** about it" argument. Yes there is, you even mentioned the fact that you're confident there has already been several threads on it, you brought it on yourself.

Asura.Dajociont said:
?
?
Because the more question marks the more important the question is obviously.. DUH!
[+]
 Bismarck.Strange
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Strange 2011-03-16 19:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Also, inb4 the whole "I just asked a question no reason to be a *** about it" argument. Yes there is, you even mentioned the fact that you're confident there has already been several threads on it, you brought it on yourself.
and why do you care?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rebwolf
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rebwolf
By Carbuncle.Rebwolf 2011-03-16 19:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously I'm not talking about SE's ability to make money off this game. But the circumstances in Japan ruining their economy as a whole, and bringing down SE. How many SE employees died, or are with family missing etc? Things like this can have quite an impact on a game I'd think. I personally don't think the SE employees are focusing on this game right now at all. It's probably one of the last things on their minds. I know that I read out of 6,000 employees at Sony only 120 showed up for work the other day.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-16 19:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Strange said:
and why do you care?
Why do you care that I care?
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-03-16 19:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said:
?
?
Because the more question marks the more important the question is obviously.. DUH!

well, that's just silly, isn't it???????????????????
[+]
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-03-16 19:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No Slipispsycho he is right. Bumping is a very hard and painful task to do.. we should save him from that horror.
[+]
By Kano1012 2011-03-16 19:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

people need to start using common sense before they ask this question. 300000 + people pay square enix a month. for say they gross 50 million a month at the low end. How much you think is there overhead monthly not near the money they gross per month. ***i see this game running 20 years from now. As long is its making them a profit this game is not going anywhere. ***they could put a dusty server burried in a basment in 10 years and they will still be making a profit
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-16 19:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rebwolf said:
Obviously I'm not talking about SE's ability to make money off this game. But the circumstances in Japan ruining their economy as a whole, and bringing down SE. How many SE employees died, or are with family missing etc? Things like this can have quite an impact on a game I'd think. I personally don't think the SE employees are focusing on this game right now at all. It's probably one of the last things on their minds. I know that I read out of 6,000 employees at Sony only 120 showed up for work the other day.
And how should we be able to speculate if it will go on or not? <_<; It's either going to be shut down, or not shut down, and time will tell which is going to happen.
[+]
 Bismarck.Strange
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Strange 2011-03-16 19:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
No Slipispsycho he is right. Bumping is a very hard and painful task to do.. we should save him from that horror.
you all still would have came at him like this for bumping a silly thread, so that point is moot.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-16 19:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rebwolf said:

And? First of all the servers are shut down atm, they aren't likely to come back up until the situation is better off, meaning any work shortages Sony faced 'the other day' won't be as big as when the servers come back up. Second of all, FFXI is in what I'd call a retirement state.. They still add stuff here and there, but mostly everything is already taken care of. All that's needed is call centers (which don't even have to be inside a company building) for help, GMs for in-game problems, and maintaining the servers and such, which doesn't take nearly as many people as a game that's 'a work in progress'.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-03-16 19:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rebwolf said:

You can hire new ppl. Ppl are expendable. Thats the glory of it. If one person was soooo superior to everyone else I'm sure he would be doing something better then just working at SE, dusting off servers or somethin
By Kano1012 2011-03-16 19:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

These threads are dumb. Who is gonna throw away millions of dollars a month...enough already
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-03-16 19:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Strange said:
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
you all still would have came at him like this for bumping a silly thread, so that point is moot.
No its not... you know how often these types of threads are made? I'm 95% sure you could find a simlar thread to post this in that was made within the past 3 days. All he had to do was bump it and no one would have cared. Making needless new threads when you already know there are threads made for the topic is stupid.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-16 19:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rebwolf said:
First off I'm more concerned about people's live than this game. That being said, do you think there is a strong chance that SE will never recover from this? I'm saying this because Japan in itself has been slowly going under, and things are going to get worse before they get better I think. This has probably been brought up several times, but I want answers to just this question so I created a post. Back when SE said the servers would be temporarily shut down for power, things were a lot better than they are now. I for one believe this could be the end of this game. Didn't SE lose a lot of their workers for these games too?
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-03-16 19:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Locking as duplicate thread. Find one that fits your needs.
[+]