Forum » FFXI » General » Ranger hiatus
Ranger hiatus
 Asura.Bonlack
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2011-03-16 14:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just came back after 4-5 month break and forgot alot of stuff lol. For Ranger whats best to WS in mirke with racc/ratt aug or stick with Osode for WS? Also I am thinking of changing to a Jalzahns ring since ulthalams seems to be pretty outdated for whats out now. I use the AGI ear set from the plant NM"s but should I switch to STR+ for WS. I dont have any merits into mark/arch b/c im full up with other weapons. Also if switching to J.ring for racc/ratt would it be good to pair that with Lleus charm/ranger necklace or stick with the PCC im using, I also have COR LVLED for LLeus, I use gorget for WS. I still use E.bow, would Siege bow be better for overall use since higher base damage? Also what is a good belt to use? Bucc/scouts is out of the question I dont have the time to put into getting them. I use libbecio for my back piece atm to tp in and WS with amemet+1. Are dual axes still good or should I just worry about Staff and STR grip and start using /WAR more often? Also whats a good gear set for barrage racc > AGI, vice versa or healthy dose of both? I use CFH's to tp and switch to S.kotes for WS. Any help with this would be appreciated^^
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-16 14:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

USE THE RETURN KEY

Seriously though - There's plenty of new and better gear out there for RNG. I don't believe Siege Bow is the best Non-Jinshu Bow at this point, there's a few more rare/ex's that came out. Take a look at the RNG board threads and get a feel for how people gear now. Read the discussions. Comprehension > Suggestions
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2011-03-16 14:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe Vison Bow is a good one, bar relic/empy weapons.

Edit: and forget the pcc -.- Get the af3 necklace :o
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-03-16 15:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Vision Bow is the best non-magian bow currently. I think a lot of people these days got for Ratk over other things, because in abyssea the cruor buffs and atmas can make up for the minisicule difference in STR from Osode to Mirke. Plus you hardly ever cap Ratk or something like that. A decent belt to use in place of Bucaneer's or Scout's would be a Crudelis Belt. 5STR, 5 AGI, and even 5 MND for Holy Bolt spam if you are into that. I'm sure there is better, but nothing comes to mind right now.