Forum » FFXI » NMs » Alfard
Alfard
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-03-16 07:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if his KI 'Venemous Hydra Fang' drops in gold chests? It's not listed in wiki so just double-checking
 Bahamut.Wakabo
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-03-16 07:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope.
 Bahamut.Yoroitsune
user: ForteGSX
By Bahamut.Yoroitsune 2011-03-16 07:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Wakabo said:
Nope.

To expand on this fgt.

No the KI isn't found in gold chest, none of the high tier NMS in heroes areas are, ie; Alfard, Orthrus, or that other god awful khim.

However you can acquire all of the pop items for the lesser tier NM's in gold chests, ie; Ningishzida, Dhrome, and Amarok.
[+]
 Bahamut.Wakabo
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-03-16 07:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Yoroitsune said:
Bahamut.Wakabo said:
Nope.

To expand on this fgt.

No the KI isn't found in gold chest, none of the high tier NMS in heroes areas are, ie; Alfard, Orthrus, or that other god awful khim.

However you can acquire all of the pop items for the lesser tier NM's in gold chests, ie; Ningishzida, Dhrome, and Amarok.
Go. To. Bed.

Pretty much what he said. Like the second expansion of abyssea, the higher tier nm's are needed to be obtained by proc'ing on a lower nm for the KI or pray you get KI upon kill.

edit: First expansion you could farm a whole zone's KI in gold chests.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-03-16 07:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx all, appreciate the responses
 Cerberus.Quintow
Server: Cerberus
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2011-03-16 08:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

just to re-up. Both dragua and isgebind's KI can be found in gold chests. I can't remember seeing it for myself personally off the top of my head but wiki also says steaming cerberus tongue is droppable from gold chest in altepa too, to pop orthrus.

But least the other ppl here right, alfard KI only gotten the red proc way aye.
 Sylph.Kofi
Server: Sylph
user: DrKofi
By Sylph.Kofi 2011-03-16 08:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Steaming Cerberus Tongue can't be found on gold boxes. But the triggers to pop Amarok do. Just need to kill Amarok and get KI from it. But no, Steaming cerb tongue doesn't drop from gold box, neither does venomous hydra fang.
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
Server: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-03-16 09:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kofi said:
Steaming Cerberus Tongue can't be found on gold boxes. But the triggers to pop Amarok do. Just need to kill Amarok and get KI from it. But no, Steaming cerb tongue doesn't drop from gold box, neither does venomous hydra fang.

I obtained my Steaming Cerberus Tongue from a Gold Chest before I even knew what it was. Check it out for yourself.
 Sylph.Kofi
Server: Sylph
user: DrKofi
By Sylph.Kofi 2011-03-16 09:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

POIDH is all I gotta say to that. I'm fairly sure I've never seen it on gold boxes and I farmed quite a lot of those.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-03-16 09:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Inuyushi said:
Sylph.Kofi said:

I obtained my Steaming Cerberus Tongue from a Gold Chest before I even knew what it was. Check it out for yourself.

As far as Heroes of Abyssea NMs that are popped with a single key item, only the ones that have key items that are obtained from a single, roaming NM can also have theirs found in Gold Pyxides. This means that for Heroes NMs, it's only

Amphitrite - KI comes from Melo Melo
Azdaja - KI comes from Deelgeed
Resheph - KI comes from Awahondo
Isgebind - KI comes from Kur
Bennu - KI comes from Ouzelum
Dragua - KI comes from Hazhdiha

Between exp parties since the Heroes release as well as solo farming in my spare time, I've seen several Gold Pyxides with KI for those six NMs in them, but I've never once seen the key items for Alfard, Orthrus, or Apademak in any of them. I've seen the others to the point that I've probably wasted a dozen or so pops of Bennu alone just because I didn't have anyone else to take the Resplendent Roc Quill when I was soloing in Altepa.

If it were possible to get the KI for Alfard, Orthrus, or Apademak from Gold Pyxides, I know I'd probably have seen at least one of those from a chest.
[+]