Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » hm..
hm..
By Wafflechan 2011-03-16 05:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Haughty arrogance or an actual thread on the boards that isn't incredibly ***, what do you think?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/2283-A-REAL-suggestion-thread.?p=25255#post25255
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-03-16 05:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say thats an actual thread on the boards that isn't incredibly ***, in fact most of the ideas there are ones that aren't out of the question in terms of doing.

I've always thought PLD should have a higher hate cap than those who aren't particularly meant to tank. I've also thought that PLDs should have more ways to stun the opponent, but I really don't see the point in evasion, although they're correct in that a knight should be able to dodge, thats not the job of a paladin.
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2011-03-16 05:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Defiantly better than 90% of the crap that most people on that forum post and if heard by SE a step in the right direction for PLD.
By Artemicion 2011-03-16 05:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
I would say thats an actual thread on the boards that isn't incredibly ***, in fact most of the ideas there are ones that aren't out of the question in terms of doing.

I've always thought PLD should have a higher hate cap than those who aren't particularly meant to tank. I've also thought that PLDs should have more ways to stun the opponent, but I really don't see the point in evasion, although they're correct in that a knight should be able to dodge, thats not the job of a paladin.

Well, it's a combination of elements that create good damage mitigation. You'll be surprised how helpful having an empress hairpin is to a PLD the moment they're able to wear it than your typical defense head piece at the same spot.

Granted, that's at low levels, and the gap in levels between a player and NMs these days are far to vast for any significant increase in evasion to take noticeable effect.

However, due to my lack of experience in abyssea, I don't really know where Paladin stands or what their tanking methods are.
All I know is they fall short in terms of damage, and the equal ability of mitigating damage vs Monk or other similar jobs.
It was always my desire though to see blood tanking equally feasible as utsusemi/evasion tanking.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-16 06:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally like the evasion idea. I'd also like to see maybe a severe damage mitigation when blocks occur, if not nullifying the damage completely. The latter might be severely broken on Ochain's side, but when you think about it, is that not PLD's saving grace, supposedly to take as little damage as posible?
By Artemicion 2011-03-16 06:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
I personally like the evasion idea. I'd also like to see maybe a severe damage mitigation when blocks occur, if not nullifying the damage completely. The latter might be severely broken on Ochain's side, but when you think about it, is that not PLD's saving grace, supposedly to take as little damage as posible?

Hard to do when other jobs can do this equally effectively yet dish out great damage at the same time. What PLD needs is a greater threshold of enmity and something to not only self-preserve but to deal damage as well.

Either that or it's make all NMs ridiculously powerful that it'll always require a dedicated tank.
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-03-16 06:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD in abyssea has pretty much been called Pulladin, they have absolutely no use inside abyssea.

I agree with the large decrease in damage when blocking, but does it not already do that? I'm sorry my PLD is only 53 so I don't really know how much damage is actually reduced on a block, but if its not already enough then I do agree it should be altered.

I do also think that a PLDs enmity decrease should be much slower than others, as its their primary job to hold hate. Although this can be countered with being a better tank, its also harder to hold hate off of people who aren't taking any damage at all.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-16 06:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
PLD in abyssea has pretty much been called Pulladin, they have absolutely no use inside abyssea. I agree with the large decrease in damage when blocking, but does it not already do that? I'm sorry my PLD is only 53 so I don't really know how much damage is actually reduced on a block, but if its not already enough then I do agree it should be altered. I do also think that a PLDs enmity decrease should be much slower than others, as its their primary job to hold hate. Although this can be countered with being a better tank, its also harder to hold hate off of people who aren't taking any damage at all.
It does, the testing people have done came to the conclusion of:
Damage_Absorption = BASE + Shield_Defense / 2

but, I was thinking more in the 75+% range. The current rates see around 50-60ish.