Forum » FFXI » General » help wih picking internet in chicago~
help wih picking internet in chicago~
 Leviathan.Hellbunny
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: hellbunny
By Leviathan.Hellbunny 2011-03-15 14:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So.. i've tryed comcast and clear... both didn't work well random d/cs ect. kinda looking to see if anyone knows whos a good place to go with.. i normaly play 4chars. so need something that not gonna make me d/c alot. thanks for the input.
 Phoenix.Studboy
Server: Phoenix
user: Studboy
By Phoenix.Studboy 2011-03-15 15:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure since you already tried it, but I've tried a few (NW Indiana suburbs) and Comcast has been the most stable for me. I run 2 characters, with people on a computer, and it runs just fine with very few problems. Only issue I have had was Mon/Tue very late night (3-4AM) resets, which I'm sure is just maintenance, and only like, once a month. Not sure how the service is in the city, but out here, when we've had issues like this, they normally come out and clean it up relatively quick.

Could just be connections to your house causing the problem, have you had them check? I've had lighting tear up a line, and while it worked, was spotty as you have mentioned, and they fixed it no problem.
 Leviathan.Hellbunny
user: hellbunny
By Leviathan.Hellbunny 2011-03-15 16:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks idk i might give that a shot. they told me they ran it b/c the place was just redone and wasn't anything running out from house.. but maybe something has changed lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By alas 2011-03-15 16:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I run through Comcast, live in Chicago proper, etc. Aside from being overpriced, their service seems ok. I'd consider switching service but not a lot in the way of competition atm.
 Leviathan.Edenie
user: Nitrous
By Leviathan.Edenie 2011-03-15 16:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

alas said:
I run through Comcast, live in Chicago proper, etc. Aside from being overpriced, their service seems ok. I'd consider switching service but not a lot in the way of competition atm.

last time i had them it was like 3 years ago befor i moved out of the city now im back just hope they not as bad as they was before. there needs to be a place that makes internet for us people who play ffxi needs moar power lol. att gonna be doing some cap on internet.... lol im sure i'd break that sense i run alot of accounts D: + doing other stuff same time D: anywho thanks for the input kinda was hoping was another place but comcast but seems not gonna happen.
By Entourage 2011-03-16 03:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

being in the north-west area, division/ashland... I use comcast with no problems. I know, its unusual.