On A Lighter Note...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » On a lighter note...
On a lighter note...
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2011-03-15 07:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My main is Hume female and my alt is Mithra.
I chose hume because they have rounded stats, and MNK because equipment was easy to come by, then I changed to WHM, got that to lvl 52 and hated every moment of it. Then changed to DNC, now NIN.
My alt was mithra because I wanted to be THF and the dex seemed like a good idea, got bored of that and changed to MNK which I stuck with to 90 then started levelling PLD for fun.
 Asura.Bexy
Server: Asura
user: Bexy
By Asura.Bexy 2011-03-15 07:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithra. For the simple reason, they looked cool and i wanted a tail.

I chose RDM because I'd never played any sort of RPG before, and reading up on the jobs, "jack of all trades" sounded like a good starting block, so i could figure out the aspect of the job i liked best and work with it.

Turns out i liked all of em, so i stuck with it. I loved every minute of the job aside from the Maat fight, but i'm still maining RDM to this day :3
 Asura.Teleniel
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2011-03-15 08:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hume-F, I didn't like any of the male designs and figured wth I'd be playing the character for potentially hours a day for a few years pick something I wanted to look at.
I couldn't play as a Taru (point of view drove me nuts) or as Elvaan (THUNDER THIGHS!) so it was Hume-F or Mithra... not a big difference between them so I went with the "less popular" one.

Black Mage & White Mage ... I leveled both pretty concurrently all the way to lv50.
(After that was summoner to 50... Then Blue Mage, Samurai, Monk, Black Mage, White Mage, Dragoon, Corsair & Summoner to 75... Paladin was much later and Ninja was post-abyssea.)
Around level 30 I'd played around with the Advanced Jobs but had already invested the time... so i just continued on with them instead of turning off immediately. I also got lost around G1 and decided I was getting woodworking to 100 before i actively collected any of the turn in bits... got to 90-something and a few subs into the 50's before I'd happened to get all 3 pieces helping people farm coffer keys for AF (got 100 around the time I leveled monk i think, had all subs but GS to 60 before that... and finished GS around leveling dragoon)

but yeah... Hume-F, either a Black Mage or White Mage depending on what was needed all the way. I use plastic surgeon to look like a mithra every now and then but I don't think I'd make the change permanent even if i could.
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2011-03-15 08:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

taru-m, I loved summoner's in all the previous games and thought the taru mp pool would make a smn unstoppable. However, I just now (8 years later) decided to lvl smn. Once I got into the game i realized that smn isn't the same pew pew that it was in all the other games. I leveled my blm to 46, then when worked on all subs. I started leveling rng to play for promys and it stole my heart. Until about 3 years ago rng was my only "high" level job lol.
 Caitsith.Cyana
Server: Caitsith
user: Cyana
By Caitsith.Cyana 2011-03-15 08:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithra - The one I chose had pigtails I liked and at that time, I was planning on being a DRG. Jump + Mithra = Death from Above. Also, I don't know why but I just clicked with the model I decided on. I did almost level a male taru as an alt (frickin' <3 tarus) but I had done so much on my main I lost the urge. Sometimes I use plasticsurgeon to change myself into a male taru. Yet I still to this day, even with all the pervs and my own bf being a manthra, do not regret being mithra. My bf does though mainly because he is purely DD (no STR ohnoes) and because of the animations but I love teasing him about his *** sticking up in the air when he does Ukko xD

RDM - I liked RDM in 8-bit and wanted that hat. Even though I had initially thought about being a DRG main. Yet I fell in love with RDM, then WHM, then BRD... I started levelling all the magey jobs. Then I fell head over heels in <3 with RNG. Then BST. Then got a horn for my BRD which doubled the love. Then fell back in love with SMN. Then DRG. I'm very finicky job wise.
 Midgardsormr.Alexdazion
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Alexdazion 2011-03-15 08:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

My first character was a hume, choose that cause I just wanted to hurry up and play this game :3

Leveled NIN to 75 first then THF/RDM cant remember other job levels, started a second character Stupiduglytaru to be a dd taru :o

<3'd Ebow in Wajaom Woodlands Rng burns were sick then I quit FFXI for two years and back now as a new taru >:3
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2011-03-15 08:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bearded Hume, Large- I nearly went with a Galka, but I simply didn't like the way the tail looked. I felt as though my character needed to look powerful as well as be powerful. The bearded hume just fit the bill for me. Also bigger beings often strike fear into the hearts of their foes more easily. They say don't judge a book by it's cover, but first impressions last forever ya know.

MNK - I knew I was going to be leveling DRK because I've always loved dark knights. So my friends suggested I level MNK to 18 to sub with WAR til 37 which I could sub for DRK.
 Lakshmi.Beetlejuice
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Beetlejuice 2011-03-15 08:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I started out as an Elvaan, but after a while I got irritated by them, cause most Elvaan players are annoying. Oh its true. Besides the Elvaan males look like women and the Elvaan females look like men. And the NPC chars all have French names.(Everybody hates the French).

Now I play as a Galka. And loving it.

I like most jobs, but I guess THF would be the one I prefer just a little bit more. High surviveablility.
By Archeim 2011-03-15 10:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I picked Elvann, because they tend to be tall and slender (basically me if i had pointy ears) I'm not a fan of how all the taru's talk in cutesy speak... And i had an idea (when i started the game in January of this year) that i wanted to get DRK Asap.

DRK because of my FFT love, and the fact that i wind up enjoying any game i can use a scythe. Perhaps i see myself as a battle mage?

My highest character is my DRK at level 36, followed by War at 30, MNK at 15, and PLD at 12.
By vagrantchaos 2011-03-15 10:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Elvaan M with that silly blond spikey cut.
Kinda wish I could change that now tbh XD

My first job to 75 was Drk, before I even began Ff I had set myself the goal of getting drk to 75 before anything else. It's still my main job today as well, I just loved/love everything about it even to this day.

I even levelled war to 30 first to make the quest easier to unlock Drk and used nothing but scythes on war in order to get ahead with my scythe skills.
Many times I was waiting 4+ hours easy for a party invite in wg areas XD. Everyone loved the samurai's.
Fun times.
 Cerberus.Halfpint
Server: Cerberus
user: Halfpint
By Cerberus.Halfpint 2011-03-15 14:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Mithra, redheaded with the braids on the side...her evil twin controls the mercinaries in aht urghan. I just liked the idea of haveing a "cat"
2) Taru...second account.. husband took over the first and made a taru...made it to match his char. wish i had stayed with the model i wanted in the first place.
3) hume..mule

I began all my char on rdm, kinda lilke the idea of being able to heal myself from the onset. The mithra had reached lvl 75 RDM with sea and sky access before husband usurped the account.
My taru is lvl 90 RDM (yes i did maat fight on RDM twice) I also have a 90 blm and 90 whm.
Hume's highest lvl is 36 pup..
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2011-03-15 14:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

sobored.....
 Asura.Sukii
user: Sukiibex
By Asura.Sukii 2011-03-15 14:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hume Female with short brown hair - Becaaaause I am hume and female, and had short brown hair at the time? I dunno...I always had this idea that in all the online games i've played my character had to look like me... Guess I'm not really very imaginative :P
 Cerberus.Darktaruu
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Darktaruu 2011-03-15 14:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

As you can see my main is a Taru. I chose this race cuz i wanted to do a BLM, so int and MP looked nice.
 Phoenix.Goodgravy
Server: Phoenix
user: Goodgravy
By Phoenix.Goodgravy 2011-03-15 14:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a female elvaan first, got hit on tomany times so I changed to hume male, didn't really like the way male elvaans looked, but I did like their stats. My first job to 75 was rdm. Now...im not a fan lol.