TH ! Raider's Armlets +1 Or Assassin's Armlets?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2014-10-07
750 users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » TH ! Raider's Armlets +1 or Assassin's Armlets?
TH ! Raider's Armlets +1 or Assassin's Armlets?
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Awezomeos
Posts: 238
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2011-03-14 07:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
So my question is,
I am right in the assumption that i start on a mob with Assasins Armlets, to get the highest Tier TH on it, and after I hit it once, i switch to Raiders Armlets to use with sneak attack to stack it up more?
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: SSJAV
Posts: 1393
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-14 07:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Yes, TH gear only has to be on during the intial attack on the mob and can be removed the second it lands and replaced with your normal gear.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
Posts: 616
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-03-14 07:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply
 
when you engage a mob hit it with as much TH+ as possible once, then swap into your normal TP set, do not keep the ***on, you will not see higher proc rates or any of that crap for additional TH levels.

If you want to see those keep using SA and TA for higher chances.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Awezomeos
Posts: 238
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2011-03-14 08:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ahh oh well, so i swap out Raid. Poulaines +2 and Thief's Knife as well after initial attack. Dang i never did that
 Phoenix.Kirana
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2025
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-14 08:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Your gear has no effect on the chance to proc a TH additional effect. So, after the first swing (With TH gear on), swap to your TP set (haste etc) and attack as you normally would.

Another point to keep in mind is that a TH+ proc can occur during a weaponskill. It does not show up in the chat log when this happens. What this means is that you can still use your SA/TA on weaponskills without losing the higher chance to proc TH+.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Awezomeos
Posts: 238
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2011-03-14 08:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Phoenix.Kirana said:


Another point to keep in mind is that a TH+ proc can occur during a weaponskill. It does not show up in the chat log when this happens. What this means is that you can still use your SA/TA on weaponskills without losing the higher chance to proc TH+.
AHH thx didnt know that either
 Ramuh.Attribute
Offline
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: XGP0001
Posts: 579
By Ramuh.Attribute 2011-03-14 08:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
From my experience SA gives the highest chance of TH proc available. I always try to start attacking whatever I am farming or camping in full TH gear and SA. Once I see the first proc I return to my TP gear. But if its a mob with a drop of 1M+ I stay in TH gear the full fight. I am 9/21 on Amph Claws, where as most people I know are 0/20. This alone has convinced me wearing TH gears the full fight does increase drops. That or I am just super *** lucky. Ive got so many claws I have gave 3 away for free.
Offline
Posts: 71
By Brakiss 2011-03-14 09:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I find wearing assassin's armlets full time the TH rate increase's faster. I have read on wiki raider's +2 has some hidden effect increasing the TH but I have had better luck full timing AA's
 Cerberus.Tikal
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
Posts: 4588
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-14 14:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Wiki was wrong.

Eyeballing proc rates is bad.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Guildwork Premium
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
Posts: 4215
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-03-14 14:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I normally left TH on until the first proc. Was that bad practice? If I'm reading this correctly its "1 hit with TH on then nevar again". Also, wearing more TH doesnt increase the rate it lands?

Sorry just trying to learn something about a 6th string job i never use :x
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1549
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-14 14:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I swap out of armlet's after the initial proc, and knife as well. I need my +2 feets still though.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
Posts: 4588
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-14 14:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
One hit Ash. If I have over 60% TP for whatever reason, I'll usually wait until I WS, then swap. Wearing more TH gear has no verified results that it increases proc rate, that I've seen.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2025
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-14 14:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
I normally left TH on until the first proc. Was that bad practice? If I'm reading this correctly its "1 hit with TH on then nevar again". Also, wearing more TH doesnt increase the rate it lands?

Sorry just trying to learn something about a 6th string job i never use :x

Bolded is correct. Heck, you don't even have to hit the mob. You could throw your boomerang at it (and miss), or cast a ninjutsu on it to plant initial TH.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
Posts: 4588
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-14 14:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Has the boomerang missing been tested? I've always landed a hit, just for good measure.
 Lakshmi.Mabrook
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: eslim
Posts: 9034
By Lakshmi.Mabrook 2011-03-14 15:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I've noticed though keeping TH gear while meleeing increases the proc rate of TH too.

For the intial TH proc though TH gear (atma/moogle +1 too if you want) must be equipped at the time your melee hit connects with the first proc (melee or SA/TA) or it won't be the highest number possible (8 I think), then with melee (JTs proc-rate 10%ish with a 90 THF) adding TH gear gives a +1% increase in TH activating on melee hits, ofc SA/TA (50% JA + 10% JT?) is more than satisfying too with a 64%(?) activation rate.

Hitting highest TH first is kinda like doing weakness procs, finish first then brofist.

Also, TH is NOT lost unless the NM/mob goes full dearggo from everyone on the current hate-list, if stolen while yellow but still arggo TH and procs are still on.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Offline
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2328
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-14 15:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I've noticed though keeping TH gear while meleeing increases the proc rate of TH too.

Eyeballing

Quote:
For the intial TH proc though TH gear (atma/moogle +1 too if you want) must be equipped at the time your melee hit connects with the first proc (melee or SA/TA)

Maybe reading this wrong, but you don't need to proc a +1 to swap gear out, regardless of proc or not, you can swap gear out after hitting once (or even missing).

Quote:
then with melee (JTs proc-rate 10%ish with a 90 THF) adding TH gear gives a +1% increase in TH activating on melee hits, ofc SA/TA (50% JA + 10% JT?) is more than satisfying too with a 64%(?) activation rate.

I'd love to see where those numbers come from

Quote:
Also, TH is NOT lost unless the NM/mob goes full dearggo from everyone on the current hate-list, if stolen while yellow but still arggo TH and procs are still on.

Mostly correct, though I found TH did not wipe even after a mob had completely deaggro'd and even regened some. I'd expect it disappears after full regen, though I can't confirm that.
 Lakshmi.Mabrook
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: eslim
Posts: 9034
By Lakshmi.Mabrook 2011-03-14 15:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I've noticed though keeping TH gear while meleeing increases the proc rate of TH too.
Eyeballing

Quote:
For the intial TH proc though TH gear (atma/moogle +1 too if you want) must be equipped at the time your melee hit connects with the first proc (melee or SA/TA)
Maybe reading this wrong, but you don't need to proc a +1 to swap gear out, regardless of proc or not, you can swap gear out after hitting once (or even missing).
Keep TH gear on until the first TH proc, not the first action (if that's what you were implying), because I've hit randoms of 5 to 7 on the initial proc plenty of times.

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
then with melee (JTs proc-rate 10%ish with a 90 THF) adding TH gear gives a +1% increase in TH activating on melee hits, ofc SA/TA (50% JA + 10% JT?) is more than satisfying too with a 64%(?) activation rate.
I'd love to see where those numbers come from
Eyeballing ya, lol.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
Posts: 4588
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-14 15:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
First hit instills TH, not first proc.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Offline
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2328
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-14 15:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply
 
If you have knife/armlets/boots you can hit it once to apply TH6, then unequip them. Your first proc will still be 7. Don't need to keep them equipped until you proc.
 Lakshmi.Mabrook
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: eslim
Posts: 9034
By Lakshmi.Mabrook 2011-03-14 15:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Hmmm... news to me, lol.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
Posts: 4588
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-14 15:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Correct
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: josht25
Posts: 42
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-03-14 15:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
so you are saying, that if you have the following

90 thf
thief knife
assassin hands
raiders feet +2

THis puts you at a first proc of 7

So what are you saying is if i have all the above on all i have to do run up and hit the mob/throw a range at it/cast a spell/ w/e and even if i dont get the th proc on it right then that the th7 whats gonna proc when i get the first message even if i've already changed out of all my th gear before gettign a proc message? If this is true then what about this?

I forget to equip my TH + gear and run up and hit the mob with my first attack in my haste setup and i'm getting no bonus from knife, hands, or feet. so then is my th already instilled to be lower now since my initial hate gain with the monster was with none of my TH gear? Basically its be a TH 4 msg at this point. Or can i then realize hey i dont have my th gear on but i have got a message yet so i can then equip my knife, hands, feet and then reinstill a new predetermined TH level of 7 on the mob with another hate gaining gester to make up for my mistake of first attacking the mob without my TH + stuff?

I've always had my standard melee gear to include all TH + items and stayed in that gear until i get my message of TH effectiveness has reached lvl 7 before even thinking about swapping out knife hands and feet
 Cerberus.Tikal
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
Posts: 4588
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-14 15:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
If TH procs on TH3 with no gear, moving it to TH4, and then you equip your TH gear (Knife, Boots, and Armlets; Atma excluded), TH will ramp up to TH6 and the proc will be lost. If you hit it with TH3 first, don't proc, then equip TH gear, it'll be, again, TH6.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Offline
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2328
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-14 15:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Teezy said:
Stuff

The highest TH effect takes precedence. If your gear is higher than the current effect on it, your TH level will replace it, and the next proc will be current level +1.
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: josht25
Posts: 42
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-03-14 15:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
so basically all you need to do is hit the mob / gain enmity at some point with your highest level of th gear on and whenever you get a proc it will be w/e your th gear adds you up to.
 Cerberus.Kaht
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kaht
Posts: 392
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-03-14 15:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Teezy said:
so you are saying, that if you have the following

90 thf
thief knife
assassin hands
raiders feet +2

THis puts you at a first proc of 7

Furthermore, if you equip the TH atma as well, your first proc will be 8.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
Posts: 4588
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-14 15:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
You should always tag with your highest TH gear first Teezy, then just unequip it and it'll stay on. Any procs from then on will increase your previous TH. I'm just reiterating because I don't know that I understood what your last post implied.
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: josht25
Posts: 42
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-03-14 15:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cerberus.Kaht said:
Quetzalcoatl.Teezy said:
so you are saying, that if you have the following

90 thf
thief knife
assassin hands
raiders feet +2

THis puts you at a first proc of 7

Furthermore, if you equip the TH atma as well, your first proc will be 8.

Yes i'm aware but thanks.
 Bismarck.Josiahfk
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Josiahkf
Posts: 10636
By Bismarck.Josiahfk 2011-03-14 15:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Your gear has no effect on the chance to proc a TH additional effect. So, after the first swing (With TH gear on), swap to your TP set (haste etc) and attack as you normally would.

Another point to keep in mind is that a TH+ proc can occur during a weaponskill. It does not show up in the chat log when this happens. What this means is that you can still use your SA/TA on weaponskills without losing the higher chance to proc TH+.
this is true but putting on critical rate stuff and lower delay weapons would help you, especially outside abyssea where crit rate is never capped.

Many more critical hits even if they are weaker = more chance to proc TH anywhere
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: josht25
Posts: 42
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-03-14 15:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cerberus.Tikal said:
You should always tag with your highest TH gear first Teezy, then just unequip it and it'll stay on. Any procs from then on will increase your previous TH. I'm just reiterating because I don't know that I understood what your last post implied.


yes ideally thats what i do is first anyting i do on mob is in highest TH gear. What i was trying to ask was dealing with if forgot to put my th gear on and ran up and got on the hate list without any of it on i would initially be instilling th4, but then i realize oh crap i dont have my th stuff on and switch it on and then do something else that the mob is now instilled with th7 and the mobs first message i get will be th7 and not th4
First Page 2
Log in to post.