Is Bard Even Worth It?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is bard even worth it?
Is bard even worth it?
 Titan.Tearxx
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Tearxx
By Titan.Tearxx 2011-03-13 20:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i figured itd be NIN cause of the survivability. Least ill be able to solo crap lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-03-13 20:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

bard is cool for marches, elegy and carols, mostly carols, for mobs like orthus and others that does nasty elemental attacks
 Titan.Tearxx
By Titan.Tearxx 2011-03-13 20:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds good to me =D
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2011-03-13 20:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are some things bard can do:

1) Elegy. With ninjas having 5 :ni shadows now, there is very little (if anything) you can't go :ni--->:ni on if elegy sticks. It makes shadow tanking completely braindead and if your back line likes to browse the web during event time it won't cost you. Also it makes it easier for more 'conservative' ninjas to stay in DD gear instead of eva/-pdt gear.

2) Scherzo. There are a few mobs where this allows you to use the easy button. Indrik, Cactuars, etc. Again, just another way to broaden the margin of error so fights can be a bit more relaxing.

3) Marches. With the new +1 af3 piece, along with the ability to reach higher tiers, march is better than ever. If a thf and mnk are engaged on a mob and I have the choice of adding damage by A) giving marches or B) putting another DD on it that will make it TP more and will take damage from aoes its really a no brainer. Again, just another way to make things less stressful and have a wide margin of error. Also, marches of course help shadow timers as well to make things even more routine.

4) Carols. Being able to use dual carols along with whm bar spells really makes a lot of irksome mobs impotent. I run two accounts and on things like glav, sedna, or the fish trigger for sedna, I just slap on 3 regen atmas on my bard and stand right under them rotating the appropriate carols which makes it easier to pay attention to my other character as they try to proc weakness. Just one more way to make things easy.

5) Ballads. Abyssea will end some day. And if we can't keep atmas then that 9/tick from bard (with af3+vnm harp) coupled with 7/tick from rdm will allow your whm to function exactly like its doing now. It may be harder to throw mnk + whm + support at stuff when max hp is 2k instead of 4k but it will certainly give the same mp regen we are accustomed to.

6) DD (kind of). It's very possible that by the time mythic dagger is fully magianed out by level 99 that you will be able to full time Troubadour. By that I mean your songs will last longer with Troubadour than the recast is. If there are events where ballad isn't needed (like a nyzul 2.0) then it might be fun to mix things up and stab something since so little time will be spent singing.
 Titan.Tearxx
By Titan.Tearxx 2011-03-13 20:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Mythic dagger isnt exactly easy to get xD
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-14 15:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD/WHM is the best buffer and debuffer in the game... But BLM/BRD has all of Bard's useful procs, so until Abyssea ends BRD will be less used than it could be.

It's still an awesome job, and I dual-box my mule's BRD/WHM when I'm doing Abyssea on DNC. Capped delay reduction, status removal, Elegy, and about 80 spare Attack from Minuet V or evasion from Mambo depending what I need.
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-14 18:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My bard is super gimp. I try to convince people that my other jobs are well geared and merited and such, but I usually come bard for procs, due to the lack of other people having BRD lv 90. I haven't exped on my BRD since 75, I just get exp from abyssea events, if that gives you any idea how often I have to come BRD :/