Natural Disasters = Don't Play Games.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Natural Disasters = Don't play games.
Natural Disasters = Don't play games.
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Caitsith.Sai
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Saiii
By Caitsith.Sai 2011-03-13 19:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

wintermute0 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
wintermute0 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
i dont know why ppl QQing about not able to play ffxi.... is just a game.... and it will come back, think about those jps that got hit by tsunami/earthquake
According to OP you should be out there helping in relief efforts, not talking down on someone complaining about the servers being down.

So why is he here complaining about other people? Why isn't he in Japan helping the relief effort?

(Pot, Kettle, Black)

Because I'm more than content sitting in my living room playing Final Fantasy IX. Did I give the impression that I cared about the going-ons of Japan? Like I said in my OP, it sucks... and that's about the extent of my concern about the situation over there.

Then stop complaining about what people on the internet are talking about and go play FFIX.

Why?

If you didn't notice you are being trolled for putting IX instead of XI.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Server: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-13 19:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Sai said:
wintermute0 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
wintermute0 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
i dont know why ppl QQing about not able to play ffxi.... is just a game.... and it will come back, think about those jps that got hit by tsunami/earthquake
According to OP you should be out there helping in relief efforts, not talking down on someone complaining about the servers being down.

So why is he here complaining about other people? Why isn't he in Japan helping the relief effort?

(Pot, Kettle, Black)

Because I'm more than content sitting in my living room playing Final Fantasy IX. Did I give the impression that I cared about the going-ons of Japan? Like I said in my OP, it sucks... and that's about the extent of my concern about the situation over there.

Then stop complaining about what people on the internet are talking about and go play FFIX.

Why?

how do you know he's not playing IX
 Quetzalcoatl.Soube
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Soube
By Quetzalcoatl.Soube 2011-03-13 19:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

wintermute0 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
wintermute0 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

(Pot, Kettle, Black)

Why?

I'm sorry, I thought you were being serious with your initial post. Clearly you were just trolling for attention and laughs. Good to know what you're doing with your week off FFXI.

Troll on pug-nose.
By wintermute0 2011-03-13 19:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Sai said:
wintermute0 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
wintermute0 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

(Pot, Kettle, Black)

Why?

But I meant 9. The servers are down... I don't eve...

wut?

Bismarck.Hisagi
Server: Bismarck
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2011-03-13 19:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

(Pot, Kettle, Black)
Sounds HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE x.x I would help if something happen here in italy not so far away..

Not you, the OP...

But it's good to know you'll only help when you don't have to go very far to do it.

*facepalm*
I got that..... well what u want me to do? lol i dont even know how to get there.. that why i was saying is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
 Caitsith.Sai
By Caitsith.Sai 2011-03-13 19:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:

i didn't have trouble comprehending it

in fact it was easy to read

it was the fact that he said

wintermute0 said:

Well, to everyone on their high horse telling people to stop QQing about the servers being down because there's more important matters at hand: what were you doing when Haiti was rocked by that Earthquake last year? Did you stop playing your MMOS/Vidyagames when that happened? You know, out of respect...? If you didn't, shouldn't you've?

Actually, here's a list of all the major Earthquakes that happened in 2010. What were you doing during those? Hopefully you weren't playing Final Fantasy XI!

this but mainly

wintermute0 said:
Haiti was rocked by that Earthquake last year? Did you stop playing your MMOS/Vidyagames

this
it's the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE comparison ever
ever

OP is not saying that the servers are in Haiti. Are you serious?

OP is commenting on the vibe that some people are putting out that if something terrible is happening in the world you shouldn't be gaming PERIOD. Nothing to do with server location.

Again, comprehension fail.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-13 19:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

(Pot, Kettle, Black)
Sounds HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE x.x I would help if something happen here in italy not so far away..

Not you, the OP...

But it's good to know you'll only help when you don't have to go very far to do it.

*facepalm*
I got that..... well what u want me to do? lol i dont even know how to get there.. that why i was saying is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

Donate or shut up?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-13 19:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Sai said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:

wintermute0 said:

Well, to everyone on their high horse telling people to stop QQing about the servers being down because there's more important matters at hand: what were you doing when Haiti was rocked by that Earthquake last year? Did you stop playing your MMOS/Vidyagames when that happened? You know, out of respect...? If you didn't, shouldn't you've?

Actually, here's a list of all the major Earthquakes that happened in 2010. What were you doing during those? Hopefully you weren't playing Final Fantasy XI!

this but mainly

wintermute0 said:
Haiti was rocked by that Earthquake last year? Did you stop playing your MMOS/Vidyagames

this
it's the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE comparison ever
ever

OP is commenting on the vibe that some people are putting out that if something terrible is happening in the world you shouldn't be gaming PERIOD. Nothing to do with server location.

This
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-13 19:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

OP is worthy the award for "Biggest douchbag of the year"!
They turned off the servers to conserve power, which can be used in hospitals, or for rescue-work.
How hard is that to understand?
Yes, I want to play this game, but I'm not gonna question why SE turned off their servers, they had a very good reason.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-03-13 19:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-13 19:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Sai said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:

wintermute0 said:

this but mainly

wintermute0 said:

this
ever

you don't deserve to say that after not being able to comprehend what I'm saying

I'm saying that SE needs to shut everything down because they're in japan

which is understandable

he's asking if when Haiti got slammed by an earthquake did we stop playing MMOs

i just don't get how the two go together

makes absolutely no sense

and as i said earlier

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
because SE is in Haiti
 Quetzalcoatl.Soube
By Quetzalcoatl.Soube 2011-03-13 19:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

wintermute0 said:
Caitsith.Sai said:
wintermute0 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
wintermute0 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

(Pot, Kettle, Black)

Why?

wut?

I don't know what Sai is on, I wasn't trolling you for anything. If anything I took your initial post far more seriously than you meant it to be, as you were clearly trolling for teh lulz.

Back to your trolololols.
 Bahamut.Alukat
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-03-13 19:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
i thought people not having empathy were like psychopaths and mass murderers

some of them never learned empathy (yes its something u learn from family and/or friends when u are a kid).
however they still have the choise if thy become *** or not and we have the choise to give them a hand to get them out of their misery (at least if they accept this, but its hard because they don't know how it feels when ppl care about them and such stuff).

and beside all the tragedy we will feel the economy aftermath soon or later so it will have global effects.

(sry if it sounds cold or something like that. trying to get out of my misery)

Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-13 19:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

also i never implied that i thought that the OP meant that SE is in haiti

you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for even thinking that
[+]
 Remora.Zackaria
Server: Remora
user: zackaria
By Remora.Zackaria 2011-03-13 19:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Remora.Zackaria said:
I Lol'd more than I should have.

i thought they'd have a mithra on the wall

Just for you!

[+]
 Caitsith.Sai
By Caitsith.Sai 2011-03-13 19:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Caitsith.Sai said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:

wintermute0 said:

this but mainly

wintermute0 said:

this
ever

you don't deserve to say that after not being able to comprehend what I'm saying

which is understandable

and as i said earlier

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
because SE is in Haiti

I'll just admit that i've been trolled.

No brain functioning this poorly would actually be able to post on a msg board.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-03-13 19:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

wintermute0 said:
rant

By wintermute0 2011-03-13 19:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
wintermute0 said:
Caitsith.Sai said:
wintermute0 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
wintermute0 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

(Pot, Kettle, Black)

Why?

wut?

I don't know what Sai is on, I wasn't trolling you for anything. If anything I took your initial post far more seriously than you meant it to be, as you were clearly trolling for teh lulz.

How am I trolling exactly?

Observations = trolling now?

All I was saying is that just because an Earthquake happened somewhere doesn't mean you can act holier-than-thou to other people.

I can start trolling if you want, though.

Let's say someone is complaining because an Earthquake demolished their house. How is that any different than someone complaining about not being able to play FFXI because an Earthquake demolished Japan?
 Unicorn.Emirii
Server: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2011-03-13 19:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

wow, OP is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. sorry. Just watched the dateline NBC special of Japan earthquake, i'm suprized it didn't permanently ruin the servers tbh. I pray for those in Japan and the 10,000s of people dead, and their families. 1 week of not playing the game will never ever amount to the same pain as loosing a loved one in the disaster as so many people have in Japan.
[+]
 Valefor.Leith
Server: Valefor
user: Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-03-13 19:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Caitsith.Sai said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:

wintermute0 said:

this but mainly

wintermute0 said:

this
ever

which is understandable

and as i said earlier

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
because SE is in Haiti
I'm on your side here O.o I don't see how sai isnt getting what you mean lol
 Bismarck.Hisagi
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2011-03-13 19:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

(Pot, Kettle, Black)

Not you, the OP...

*facepalm*

Donate or shut up?
Make me
 Valefor.Leith
Server: Valefor
user: Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-03-13 19:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Emirii said:
wow, OP is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. sorry. Just watched the dateline NBC special of Japan earthquake, i'm suprized it didn't permanently ruin the servers tbh. I pray for those in Japan and the 10,000s of people dead, and their families. 1 week of not playing the game will never ever amount to the same pain as loosing a loved one in the disaster as so many people have in Japan.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-13 19:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

(Pot, Kettle, Black)

Not you, the OP...

*facepalm*

Donate or shut up?
Make me

I was giving you your options. That is what you can do, don't have to try and be a tough guy :/
 Leviathan.Erang
user: Erang
By Leviathan.Erang 2011-03-13 19:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hisagi said:

Make me

this is when i started lol'ing
By wintermute0 2011-03-13 19:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Leith said:
Unicorn.Emirii said:

Is there anyway to make you add something to the conversation? All I've seen from you is quotes and occasionally something along the lines of "I agree with such and such" but in a much nastier tone.
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-03-13 19:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys... seriously guys... power for servers for a video game is MUCH more important than power for hospitals and other emergency services. MUCH!... Douchebag...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Soube
By Quetzalcoatl.Soube 2011-03-13 19:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

wintermute0 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
wintermute0 said:
Caitsith.Sai said:
wintermute0 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
wintermute0 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

(Pot, Kettle, Black)

Why?

wut?

How am I trolling exactly?

Observations = trolling now?

All I was saying is that just because an Earthquake happened somewhere doesn't mean you can act holier-than-thou to other people.

I can start trolling if you want, though.

Let's say someone is complaining because an Earthquake demolished their house. How is that any different than someone complaining about not being able to play FFXI because an Earthquake demolished Japan?

I haven't seen anyone acting holier than thou, all I've seen is people who are trying to get others to understand that the servers were shut down for a good reason. SE has every reason in the world to shut the servers down until the situation in Japan stabilizes.

I'm sorry if you see someone's empathy for Japan as an attack on you.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-13 19:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

wintermute0 said:
Valefor.Leith said:
Unicorn.Emirii said:

Is there anyway to make you add something to the conversation? All I've seen from you is quotes and occasionally something along the lines of "I agree with such and such" but in a much nastier tone.

doing better than you

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Hisagi
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2011-03-13 19:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

(Pot, Kettle, Black)

Not you, the OP...

*facepalm*

Donate or shut up?
Make me

I was giving you your options. That is what you can do, don't have to try and be a tough guy :/
I m not ur friend and u dont talk to me like that, is nothing to do with being the tough guy ok?